搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Parents. Let's share.
樓主: H_A
go

RC Parents. Let's share. [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 06-9-13 21:22 |只看該作者

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

Thank you very much Mabelku and MarcusMa.  They're so helpful to us.

122#
發表於 06-9-13 23:47 |只看該作者

Hi,

My daughter is Y3, any parent can share your info for the 'Parent Information Afternoon' today ? please advise, thanks a tone!
;-)

123#
發表於 06-9-13 23:53 |只看該作者

mabelku,

Thank you for your information.  

It appears that my child has been placed in the group with English speaking children.  I am afraid that the level of Chinese teaching in this group is much lower.  Do you have any idea?  

mabelku 寫道:
Nixon,

My daugther last year in Phoneix also separated 2 groups and the teacher said that it's different teacher method for 2 gourps.  One is the child native speaking laugage is Chinese and one gourps the child native speaking is english(If the child cannot understand chinese).

124#
發表於 06-9-14 12:20 |只看該作者

Re: RC P1

Delete.

125#
發表於 06-9-14 12:45 |只看該作者

Nixon,

I'm not sure how they teaching chinese in different way as last year my child in chinese speaking groups.  

Now, my daugther is P.2, her class chinese lession did't not seprate to 2 groups yet. And, she said that one of her classmate is foreginer.  She didn't speak anything on chinese class.  So, it's seem separte is better. Don't worry about that.  

For P.1 last year they provide a chinese book with VCD to child bring back to home.  Let's the parent study with them together.  So, you can teaching by yourself if you are avaialbe.

126#
發表於 06-9-15 23:52 |只看該作者

mableku,

Thanks.

127#
發表於 06-9-16 08:32 |只看該作者

Hi,

How many Chinese lessons are there in a week? And how long does one Chinese lesson last? Is simplied Chinese character used for teaching? How many students are there in a class?

Please let me know. THANKS!

128#
發表於 06-9-17 23:54 |只看該作者

Hi,

I have a few questions for RC parents. Hope you can help:

1. Why you choose RC instead of other normal ESF school?
2. Do they teach phonics in English class?
3. Do you think the Mandarin class is enough? What is the standard of Mandarin teacher? Are they all native speakers?
4. How difficult to get in if student is not from ESF kindergarten?

該用戶已被刪除

129#
發表於 06-9-18 09:12 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

130#
發表於 06-9-18 09:49 |只看該作者

1. For RC's relatively strong Chinese cirriculum
2. I guess so.  My son's Friday homework sheets show that he has been learning "sh", "s", and "a".
3. RC teachs children Chinese in Putonghua.  When they have Chinese lesson daily for around 50 min to 1 hrs, I find the time they spare for Chinese is enough for an IS.  However, it takes time to find out what my son really learns.  I just know that he is learning pinyin.  Since they have different levels Chinese class (at least Chinese speaking or non-Chinese speaking, not sure whether they have different levels within the Chinese speaking group), other children may be learning something simpler.
4. It was very easy last year.  But priority would still be given to children from EST kindergartens and siblings. Nevertheless, I guess most children from EST kindergartens still aim at EST schools.  However, if RC runs well and more and more parents find it a good choice, it may be as easy as it was last year.

131#
發表於 06-9-18 21:25 |只看該作者

M&M Wong, Brent,

Thank you for your reply. It really helps. My son is 4.5 years old now. I am thinking if I should apply for P1 for him this year (2007) or  I should let him finish K3 and apply as P2 in 2008.  Do your kid study in P1 now? How old are they? Did they finish K3?  Do they learn writing at all?  What type of interview did your kid has (Group / Individual? ) Did the parent attend the interview as well?

Also, regarding IB program.  Is there any public exam they need to seat? Also Has RC become a recognised IB school yet?

132#
發表於 06-9-18 23:53 |只看該作者

Copied from RCHK web-site:

RCHK will hold its first Open Evening for Admissions on Thursday 21st September 1830-2000.
The aim of the evening will be to focus on admissions for Year 7 and 1.

We ask Parents and children intending to attend to RSVP by 18th September on through [email protected] with subject RSVP for 'Open evening'

133#
發表於 06-9-19 07:02 |只看該作者

Annie 123,

Pls check PM.
該用戶已被刪除

134#
發表於 06-9-19 09:24 |只看該作者

135#
發表於 06-9-19 10:22 |只看該作者

Hi M&MWONG,

I think RC hasn't been 'awarded' as 'authorized school' yet ? for both their PYP and MYP, or diploma ? It should be still the 'candidate school' only ?

Ruby
該用戶已被刪除

136#
發表於 06-9-19 12:13 |只看該作者

137#
發表於 06-9-20 11:42 |只看該作者

M&MWONG,

As far as I know, the schools who want to acquire the IB certificate would first be "candidate school" and then they have to pass the 'assessment' from IB to become an "authorized school". I think that's why the statement says "When authorised", cos' RC should still not yet an authorized IB school.

Ruby

138#
發表於 06-9-20 12:47 |只看該作者

According to the ibo web site:
http://www.ibo.org/pyp/authorization/ , if a school want to become eligible for authorization, it must successfully complete a number of stages.  A newly opened school never get the authorization right at the start as it needs time to be observed.

I remember the Head of Primary mentioned in the latest meeting with parents that an IBO team was coming to visit RC very soon.

As Mr Kenny, the current Principle, has a very strong background with IBO and very strong experience with IBO implementation, I am sure it will not be a hard task for the school to gain the authorization.

139#
發表於 06-9-20 17:55 |只看該作者

BBQQ,

Yes, your points are exact. I heard the same too.
IB is one of the reasons why I chose RC for my son. I think this will widen this choice for tertiary education, not restricted by the country. And IB seems a good curriculum too, although I'm not familiar with it.

Ruby

140#
發表於 06-9-21 09:13 |只看該作者

My understanding is same as BBQQ and Ruby.

By the way, my son in Y1 will use local kindergarten K3 Chinese books.  I find it commensurate with his Chinese standard.  How about your children?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題