樓主: ursulafung
go

any news from DBSPD? [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

161#
發表於 06-11-28 09:56 |只看該作者

Re: any news from DBSPD?

係呀! 請家長們講下啦...........

我知道都頗尷尬, 所以可否比少少hints, d 問題會否很另類? 定係一d 超級大路o既問題?

同埋in 左幾耐??

thanks

162#
發表於 06-11-28 12:05 |只看該作者

Yes, agreed. But can anyone share a little bit?

pizzahut 寫道:
係呀! 請家長們講下啦...........

我知道都頗尷尬, 所以可否比少少hints, d 問題會否很另類? 定係一d 超級大路o既問題?

同埋in 左幾耐??

thanks

163#
發表於 06-11-28 13:07 |只看該作者

Dear duck_duck

I heard so many kids from SKH have second in, me too, but my son is alumni.

164#
發表於 06-11-28 15:11 |只看該作者

pizzahut and everybody,

sorry for not updating because very busy,

the interview was quite short.
we were given a minute or so to introduce the kid, then we left the kid behind. there were three persons at the panel including the headmistress, Ms Lo. the atmosphere was quite friendly.

I think he stayed in there for about 5 minutes or so.
my son was asked to describe a picture, about what the people were doing in the picture, something picnic or so, and I think not many questions asked, that's all he would tell me.

but I saw that the kids were all very happy when they came out, so it should be quite "normal questions".

so don't worry, good luck to all!
該用戶已被刪除

165#
發表於 06-11-28 15:15 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

166#
發表於 06-11-28 15:55 |只看該作者

bblccj,

實在很多謝你的分享!聽了你的分享,才較安心!
很想知道second in 是用中文,還是用英文,聽聞會用孩子的母語作為語言,我很擔心,因為我的仔仔用英文較好,但我郤多用中文,照你所說,我應該用中文還是英文介紹小朋友呢?真的很擔心,我怕我用中文,小朋友用英文會影響分數,怎辦呢?可否給我意見?

167#
發表於 06-11-28 16:08 |只看該作者

dear boygirl,

for the 2nd interview, you can choose your language.

I think if your boy can do better with English, it is better to facilitate him. try to use English to start off and then the interview will continue in English, I would shorten the introduction to help. for me, I don't think a long introduction would help anyway.

good luck!

168#
發表於 06-11-28 16:49 |只看該作者

sudoku 寫道:
Hi all,

Could you tell me how many pages of profolio did you attached ? Any covering letter included ?

Just like the headteacher requested, we only handed in 5 pages with a cover letter.  There are no pictures and all pages are black and white photocopies.  But then I did see some parents handed in thick profiles with color photos and fancy bindings.  Wonder what the school will think of these? Will they wonder why these parents cannot follow such a simple request?

169#
發表於 06-11-28 17:00 |只看該作者

Hi bblccj,

Thanks for sharing your 2nd in with us, and good luck to you too. I guess everyone has 50/50 chance of getting in, since they are selecting 150 out of 300 kids.

I wonder if the headmistress will be interviewing all 300 kids.  It will surely be tiring, and maybe a disadvantage for the people with interview times later in the week.  Just my guess.

170#
發表於 06-11-28 20:59 |只看該作者

Dear bblccj ,

Thanks a lot, I want to take it easy, but so difficult. My son interview is  last day,
I hope he can have a well status.

Annisyam

171#
發表於 06-11-28 22:59 |只看該作者

Hi all,

We attended the interview this morning.  Pretty much the same as bblccj described except that to us, the atmosphere was more intimidating than friendly.  The 'panel of judges' looked very formal and serious (in fact, my husband told me that one of them is really a judge, who is a member of the school committee).  Feeling quite down now, as we don't consider 'our' performance satisfactory.

I tried to get my son to tell me what he was asked but he only told me in bits and pieces.  From what I gather, he was asked questions about some pictures (or story book), and given some shapes (puzzle pieces?) to put together.  Seems like no general/personal questions asked.  Anyway, my son is not very reliable so just take this as reference.

Good luck to you all!

172#
發表於 06-11-28 23:40 |只看該作者

FINISHED INTERVIEW TODAY ALSO.
SIMILAR TO WHAT  CIZ & BBLCCJ DESCRIBED.  
PARENT STAYED ABOUT 1 MINUTE IN THE ROOM.  
ATMOSPHERE WAS QUITE HARMONIOUS.  THEY LOOKED FRIENDLY.  ACTUALLY, PRESSURE FROM OURSELVES ONLY.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

173#
發表於 06-11-28 23:54 |只看該作者

Yes, guess you're right.

Actually, Ms Lo is ok.  Mr Chang, headmaster of the secondary division, looks friendly too.  Unfortunately, he's not on our panel.

superhinhin 寫道:
ACTUALLY, PRESSURE FROM OURSELVES ONLY.

174#
發表於 06-11-29 01:10 |只看該作者

知唔缸幾號有result呀?好心急呀!

175#
發表於 06-11-29 08:10 |只看該作者

Thank you for all sharing! Your experiences help us a lot. However, any parents can tell me how can I choose the language in the interview? Would  they ask us the use of language in the beginning or we need to tell them actively?(that means cannot wait for them?)

Thanks

醒目開學勳章

176#
發表於 06-11-29 12:27 |只看該作者

One minute may be too short for me to introduce my son. Will i be stopped by the panel if my introduction of my son exceeds 1 minute?

177#
發表於 06-11-29 14:30 |只看該作者

Dear Ciz,

Thx you again!

Annisyam
該用戶已被刪除

178#
發表於 06-11-29 19:07 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

179#
發表於 06-11-29 20:29 |只看該作者

YES, THERE IS A TIMER.
ONLY CANTONESE.

180#
發表於 06-11-29 21:48 |只看該作者

May I know who were in the panel? I heard that a primary teacher of DBSPD is one of the interviewer.

Anyone had an interview today?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題