用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC / BHS/ ICS/ CAIS what is the priority?
發新帖
查看: 4006|回覆: 19
go

RC / BHS/ ICS/ CAIS what is the priority? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-6-5 23:28 |只看該作者

RC / BHS/ ICS/ CAIS what is the priority?

Dear all parents,
Would you please, how to select  of ESF :RC (PIS)/BHS or have a background of Christian of ICS or CAIS?
Four schools is very famous !What is the priority of yours?
Thanks!
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

2#
發表於 07-6-6 14:09 |只看該作者

Re: RC / BHS/ ICS/ CAIS what is the priority?

KaKaYa 寫道:
Dear all parents,
Would you please, how to select  of ESF :RC (PIS)/BHS or have a background of Christian of ICS or CAIS?
Four schools is very famous !What is the priority of yours?
Thanks!

KaKaYa,

It is really quite late to apply Y1 now and even if you submit your application, you may still need to be put on waiting list in all the schools you mentioned.  If the schools don''t have a place for you, you may also request them to follow up your application until vacancies appear later (maybe in 1-2 years later).

The priority of choosing the schools is always very personal, different people may have different choices.     

RC & ICS are in Shatin but CAIS is in Kln.  If the location & the religion of the schools are not your concern, I think you should try at least two of them.  Also according to my past experience, ICS doesn't charge the application fee until you are given an interview.  If this is the case, there's no harm to try it.  For RC & BHS, you need to opt between them.  I don't have much idea about CAIS but heard that the school is quite old & small.  If the application fee is also not your concern, then try as many of them as possible.

I would bring my kid & the necessary documents along to the schools to get the application form & allow my kid to feel the school and the people working there.  If your kid feels Ok, then go ahead to submit your application right there.  In the past when I went to Phoenix with my kid, I liked the people there but didn't like the worn-out school premise.  But unexpectedly, my kid liked everything of the school!!!???

Just calling up the schools for enquires may sometimes not enough.  Going there in person may show more sincerity of your application & sometimes you may be given a chance to talk to the one with AUTHORITY in the school.  As parents, looking for schools for kids also require time & sweat.

Saturn.  

3#
發表於 07-6-6 14:18 |只看該作者

This is really a personal consideration!  

4#
發表於 07-6-6 15:03 |只看該作者

Saturn/tommyzoe ,
Most of teacher is quiet nice to me in international school, but I don't how to choose and I haven't any reglion background.
I'm afraid the kid study one more reglion lesson to share the studying times.
So how can choose and each one circulum is better for the kid.
And CAIS school looks so small & old e.g:music room, playround, Lauguage room ....etc. And Nowaday, About ESF financial backgrounds is stronger than other Private IS school. In the view of parents, we hope the school provide a good enviromnent and high quality of education. So how to balance of the selections.

tommyzoe 寫道:
This is really a personal consideration!  

5#
發表於 07-6-6 15:19 |只看該作者

I think you cannot have both RC and BHS, so you need to choose from these 2. For ICS and CAIS, I do not know much but both schools have well-behaved students.
It would be quite difficult to really say which is better. It is really a matter of personal preference. I may say a school is very good but yet when you are actually in there, you might find it not so good.

Let me put it this way, besides the fact that RC is a new school, the other 3 all have good reputation. And for RC, so far, I have got mostly positive comments (from friends, from people here on BK, and from some expat teachers). So I would say that you should be happy if any one of them give you an offer.

6#
發表於 07-6-6 16:39 |只看該作者

JennyL,
If BHS maybe wait a few years .But I am not sure RC or BHS. Do you any hearing?
ICS and CAIS also  a good school and student is good behavior and I don't know how the education level.
Please don't anger some talking.Sometimes, most people talking so strongly. I think you'll keep in mind.
Thank you for your recommendation.

7#
發表於 07-6-6 18:46 |只看該作者

I think it is probably still easier with RC since it is a new school.
I do not know much about ICS or CAIS, but from other messages here, I guess they should be good.

8#
發表於 07-6-6 19:39 |只看該作者

JennyL 寫道:
I think you cannot have both RC and BHS, so you need to choose from these 2. For ICS and CAIS, I do not know much but both schools have well-behaved students.
It would be quite difficult to really say which is better. It is really a matter of personal preference. I may say a school is very good but yet when you are actually in there, you might find it not so good.

Let me put it this way, besides the fact that RC is a new school, the other 3 all have good reputation. And for RC, so far, I have got mostly positive comments (from friends, from people here on BK, and from some expat teachers). So I would say that you should be happy if any one of them give you an offer.[/quote]

Agree    

9#
發表於 07-6-6 21:13 |只看該作者

坦白講,好難真係將學校排名,間間都有優點缺點,而且,我覺得係優點的,在你眼中可能變缺點,要詳細列晒出黎,又會有 D 家長唔高興,實在無謂。
我估你都知 4 間學校大至情形啦:名氣,校舍,課程,中/英語水平,宗教背景,公開試成績,大學派位等。
其實,各方面加加減減,埋單時 4 間都真係差唔多。
邊間收,就去讀邊間啦;
將學校排名意義亦不大,反正,恕我直然, 4 間都收的機會係零,因為 RC 同 BHS 就一定唔可能同時收你 ( 如果佢地內部搞錯,兩間都話收你,就真係你好采 )。
我係你就揀機會大的去 pursue,BHS 唔駛諗,其實根本全部 ESF 都多人排隊,RC 係新校算易喇,你可以搏有 d 人考到唔去讀。另外 ICS 同 CAIS 都可以試下,不過問題係,如果而家先去申請,可能都係排隊尾,不過你唔入表申請,就永遠冇機會;
都係個句,申請晒先啦,真係有多過一間話收,先再諗未遲。

10#
發表於 07-6-6 21:33 |只看該作者

Kakaya,
I have just sent you a PM.

11#
發表於 07-6-7 14:36 |只看該作者

KaKaYa,

Not all teachers in IS are good.  Even if students are in the same class, some parents may find the homeroom teacher good while some others may not.  Also, the curriculum in IS isn't so tight as in local schools.  Even if there are religious lessons in ICS, they may not affect the curriculum that much as you think.  It may rather be an advantage for the students to have more spiritual & ethnical education.  My impression on ICS students is that they behave really quite well.

It sounds that you really have too much doubt about IS.  If you really are in urgent to choose an IS for your kid, at this late moment, you should ACT now rather than considering those kinds of issues which are out of your control.

*I totally agree with Nintendo

Saturn.

12#
發表於 07-6-8 17:03 |只看該作者

Saturn,
My girl is studing K2 in SRL near KLN TONG(Local  girls' kindergarten, w/primary & secondary school).The most of people said  "small your girl" mean July to DEC /2002 born to entry the school. We decide to looking for the international kindergarten with primary/ high school in HK. Because we didn't like HK
education.
I hope you've any time, can you give any suggestion!Thank you very much!
Saturn 寫道:
KaKaYa,
I don't know how "small your girl" is? Can you post publicly in bk about your girl's background in more details. (Like her mm/yy of birth, her edu. background, the location of you home, sth?) I'm sure many moms like myself, WYmom, nintendo, etc) can give you more kind suggestions.
Good luck.

13#
發表於 07-6-8 23:18 |只看該作者

KaKaYa,

妳都剛剛在CAIS parent 果個topic度表明CAIS上星期已經收咗妳個女啦, 仲周圍問人邊間IS好. 人人都話妳有offer就應該去馬, 原來妳已經有着落. 我覺得妳都幾無聊, 駛人時間又駛自己時間.  真係要用WYmom用過果個公仔嚟形容妳先得  

Saturn.

14#
發表於 07-6-9 22:17 |只看該作者

Saturn,
我只是昨天星期五下午後先收到信, 之前不知好有沒有着落, 所以周圍問下你們,難道先後有問題?????邊個想大熱天時周圍去搵學校;敬請原諒及諒解!
CAIS 是近期兩個星期幾寄出APPLICATION又是最快INTERVIEW及有消息,而前者申請是大6個月前見沒有消息,後呼申請第二個等了三個多月又沒有消息,又快放暑假咪急急腳及緊張到發慌,好在像agneslth, tommyzoe, WYmom和你的協助後,才找到間好學校
果個公仔嚟形容妳先得 ???? 平靜些好!!大家都是好人...
Saturn 寫道:
KaKaYa,

妳都剛剛在CAIS parent 果個topic度表明CAIS上星期已經收咗妳個女啦, 仲周圍問人邊間IS好. 人人都話妳有offer就應該去馬, 原來妳已經有着落. 我覺得妳都幾無聊, 駛人時間又駛自己時間.  真係要用WYmom用過果個公仔嚟形容妳先得  

Saturn.

15#
發表於 07-6-9 22:59 |只看該作者

Saturn 寫道:
KaKaYa,

Saturn.

16#
發表於 07-6-13 20:25 |只看該作者

KaKaYa,

間學校好唔好實在見仁見智.  現在妳女 女考了入IS始終是好事, 因為假若妳日後對間學校唔滿意或因其他原因而想幫女 女轉校, IS轉IS始終易過Local轉IS. 希望妳日後繼續在這裡交流女 女間學校的優劣啦.

Saturn.

17#
發表於 07-6-14 13:03 |只看該作者

Saturn,
收到你給我的message很高興,之前你沒有回應怕你生氣;好在你很大方和慷慨沒生我氣,多謝多謝!
Saturn 寫道:
KaKaYa,
間學校好唔好實在見仁見智.  現在妳女 女考了入IS始終是好事, 因為假若妳日後對間學校唔滿意或因其他原因而想幫女 女轉校, IS轉IS始終易過Local轉IS. 希望妳日後繼續在這裡交流女 女間學校的優劣啦.

Saturn.

18#
發表於 07-6-15 00:20 |只看該作者

KaKaYa,

大家都不是滋事份子. 只不過想在bk發表吓意見, 實在用不著生氣嘛.  妳也是一個誠懇的人呀!

Saturn.

19#
發表於 07-6-15 14:35 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 07-6-15 14:39 |只看該作者

Yes!Agreed   
Saturn 寫道:
KaKaYa,

大家都不是滋事份子. 只不過想在bk發表吓意見, 實在用不著生氣嘛.  妳也是一個誠懇的人呀!

Saturn.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題