用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學 浸會大學附屬王錦輝中小學-2007年9月入學的家長請進 ...
樓主: ZEROCOCO
go

浸會大學附屬王錦輝中小學-2007年9月入學的家長請進 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-7-16 19:44 |只看該作者
3991 and other parents,

My son said teachers sticked different pictures outside the office, staff room, playground etc.  Each group had to fetch the assigned picture (e.g. my son needed to look for sofa) and gathered all to put them back as a big picture.  The winning group had prizes.  For the maths game, each was assigned a number (my son was 9), then the teacher would take out a number card, e.g. 14, then you had to find your 'number' friends (2 or 3) to add up to the target 14.  He said this was his favourite game.  He also said Miss Din and Miss Pak talked to them at the lecture theatre to tell them they were good and the dismiss process.

I am not sure how they assigned children's group, but I don't think it's their english level yet.  If it is, it is probably not accurate because the last time teachers met them was last year already.  We can tell which group they are in because we saw it on the name list at the registration desk.

By the way, they have already received the book list already.  They are quite expensive.  I don't think I will buy the dictionary yet.

3lamma
原文章由 3991 於 07-7-16 17:59 發表

Hi, 3lamma,

Thank you very much for your sharing of the O'camp on today.

{sorry for such a clummsy sentence as BK limits the word should be more than 10} {By the way, is that a new limi ...

82#
發表於 07-7-16 23:24 |只看該作者
Dear parents,

My daughter was in the "green" group today.  She could only tell me about those English activities, including Simon said, story listening (she received a present after answering questions about the story) and doing worksheets.  She said  the worksheets were easy at the beginnig and then getting more and more difficult.  I think those English activities are for the purpose of "grouping".  Anyway, she enjoyed the day.   

There was a counter of the school bus company in the school hall during 16 -18 July.  The staff of the company told me that the school would start at 8:10am in the coming Sept (instead of 8:30am last year).   

I also bought the uniform for my daughter this morning from Kingkow (Mongkok branch).  But, for the PE short, I could only bought one (size 8) as it was out of stock.  The sales lady suggested that parents should call first to check the stock.

83#
發表於 07-7-17 10:42 |只看該作者
My kid is belongs to "Yellow" group.  He said he played the game with all the children in the hall(but he can't tell what he play).  And then after lunch time, all the children in his group played 'Music chair' with a Mandarin teacher.  When they were playing, he fell down on the floor and hurt his chin & forehead.  So, he stayed in another room with a doctor(that's what he say) until 3:30pm.

Any kids here belongs to 'Yellow' group also?  Any other activities after the 'Music Chair'?  I also didn't get the book list yesterday....

84#
發表於 07-7-17 11:16 |只看該作者
原文章由 3lamma 於 07-7-16 19:44 發表
3991 and other parents,

My son said teachers sticked different pictures outside the office, staff room, playground etc.  Each group had to fetch the assigned picture (e.g. my son needed to loo ...

Hi, 3lamma,

Thanks for your sharing.  

Regarding the school time, I also heard that the school starts 20 mins earlier than this year.  The school bus company asked us to talk to the school for this.  So the schedule for school bus has yet been finalized.

85#
發表於 07-7-17 13:30 |只看該作者
I received the call from Good Hope School on today.
They say accept my daughter.
Good Hope School is a famous school in HK.

But I and may family think Wong Kam Fai is avilable my
daugther.

I hope this is good.

Zerococo

86#
發表於 07-7-17 17:11 |只看該作者
zerococo,

so what is your decision?  I think WKF and good hope school has a totally different approach of learning.

3lamma
原文章由 ZEROCOCO 於 07-7-17 13:30 發表
I received the call from Good Hope School on today.
They say accept my daughter.
Good Hope School is a famous school in HK.

But I and may family think Wong Kam Fai is avilable my
daugther. ...

87#
發表於 07-7-17 17:39 |只看該作者
3lamma,

Agreed.  I will not buy both chinese and english dictionaries at this moment.

88#
發表於 07-7-17 17:45 |只看該作者
Zerococo,

Do you send your girl to school by yourself ?   

I met a girl (lam lam) at the school bus station whom study in WKF too.  She is sittting beside my daughter in the school bus.

We'll miss you if you pick Good Hope which is a very high demanding school.  what is your decision ?

89#
發表於 07-7-17 21:19 |只看該作者
Dear waifunsiu,

I bought my son's uniform at Kingkow today and he has everything in size 8.  Why didn't they do a transfer for you?I bought 2 sets of each but the lady forgot to pack me the vest.  So I will wait and see if it is useful and buy it next time when I go shopping.

3lamma
原文章由 waifunsiu 於 07-7-16 23:24 發表
Dear parents,

My daughter was in the "green" group today.  She could only tell me about those English activities, including Simon said, story listening (she received a present after answering  ...

90#
發表於 07-7-17 21:40 |只看該作者
原文章由 3lamma 於 07-7-17 21:19 發表
Dear waifunsiu,

I bought my son's uniform at Kingkow today and he has everything in size 8.  Why didn't they do a transfer for you?I bought 2 sets of each but the lady forgot to pack me the ve ...

How tall is your kid?  I just bought size 6 for my daughter and it's now just fit for her.  Do I need to change one set to size 8?

91#
發表於 07-7-18 09:01 |只看該作者
Hello 3991,

I bought size 8 dress for my daughter of 1.2m tall.  She fitted both size 6 & 8 in Mongkok shop.  Right ! size 6 is well fitted but she favours a dress covering her knee.  But I will reduce the dress length and adjust the waistband.

Regarding sportswear and jacket, I bought size 6.   

In addition, there is headband, hairclip and rubber band accessories for girls.  Check with the saleslady.

92#
發表於 07-7-18 09:43 |只看該作者
Since I bought outfit for my son at Kingkow sometimes, I know size 6=110, size 8=120.  My son is actually a small boy, just 115cm I guess, so size 6 looks smart and slim fit. However, there is still a few months to September and pants are with elastic waistband, so I bought size 8 and they all fit alright, only a little baggy at the shoulders.  

3lamma

原文章由 3991 於 07-7-17 21:40 發表

How tall is your kid?  I just bought size 6 for my daughter and it's now just fit for her.  Do I need to change one set to size 8?

93#
發表於 07-7-18 12:01 |只看該作者
My son told me that he enjoyed the mandarin & english games yesterday.  However, he complains about the bad smell of toilet

94#
發表於 07-7-18 20:01 |只看該作者
Hello kikima & 3lamma, thanks for the reply and I will keep the size 6 because she is now only 11x (not really sure).

As for the books, I heard that if we order from school, we need to buy all listed on the booklist, including the dictionaries.  So I'll try if I can get the books from other bookshop and decide later whether to order from school.

95#
發表於 07-7-18 21:44 |只看該作者
Oh really need to buy the whole set?  As you only get 10% if you buy in Mongkok bookstore, I think I will still buy in school to get a bigger discount.  

3lamma

原文章由 3991 於 07-7-18 20:01 發表
Hello kikima & 3lamma, thanks for the reply and I will keep the size 6 because she is now only 11x (not really sure).

As for the books, I heard that if we order from school, we need to buy all ...

96#
發表於 07-7-18 22:38 |只看該作者
Wa!!!!  i just got the book list today...... the total cost after 15% 'special' discount is $1,7xx

97#
發表於 07-7-19 00:10 |只看該作者
各位巳入讀"王錦輝中小學"的家長,請問這間學校是否很難考?萬分感謝,請務必給點提示.

98#
發表於 07-7-19 10:55 |只看該作者
Hi everyone!

I went to the school yesterday with my son who is in green group.

I paid the deposit of HK$100 so as to order the books from Melbourne BookCentre Ltd. We can collect the books in one go on 17 Aug. I don't think we have to buy everything on the booklist.

I also bought the uniform as my son could try on the top and the vest there. There are a lot of Kingkow staff to help and it was efficient.

I did observe a little bit when the children played on the Ground Floor. If I am not mistaken, those who led the games are not teachers as they are all pretty young. Maybe the school outsourced it to other organization(s). There is nothing wrong with it as they are in fact more suitable to do the job. Most important of all is children enjoyed the games.

Cheers!
Emmakee

99#
發表於 07-7-19 23:22 |只看該作者
The list includes books for the whole year.  Therefore, it isnot expensive when compared with other schools.  Moreover, there is no English textbooks.

原文章由 Lofty 於 07-7-18 22:38 發表
Wa!!!!  i just got the book list today...... the total cost after 15% 'special' discount is $1,7xx

100#
發表於 07-7-19 23:51 |只看該作者
原文章由 waifunsiu 於 07-7-16 23:24 發表
Dear parents,

My daughter was in the "green" group today.  She could only tell me about those English activities, including Simon said, story listening (she received a present after answering  ...

Hi waifunsiu
我的女兒也是綠組,
唔知是否同一班呢?
意思是,是否小一也同班,
請問你住那區?

[ 本文章最後由 ssma 於 07-7-19 23:54 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖