只得上環一間

3#
發表於 07-8-10 09:15 |只看該作者
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 07-8-10 02:09 發表
請問英基屬下位於港島區的國際幼稚園有哪些?

讀完幼稚園升邊間小學??

THANKS ~~

One in Sheung Wan.

ESF year 1 priority will be given to students who are attending an ESF Educational Services Ltd Kindergarten.

4#
發表於 07-8-10 10:31 |只看該作者
ESF Services has three kindergarten - Sheung Wan, Tsing Yi and Clear Water Bay.  You can check the following website: http://www.esf.org.hk/

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-10 09:15 發表

One in Sheung Wan.

ESF year 1 priority will be given to students who are attending an ESF Educational Services Ltd Kindergarten.

5#
發表於 07-8-10 21:54 |只看該作者
多謝各位MAMI,

hello, Yau_Cheung.

你意思既如果我BB以後要讀英基既小學..中學.......E家讀定佢地戲KINDERGARTEN, 幫助比較大點?! THANKS

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-10 09:15 發表

One in Sheung Wan.

親子王國以外之連結已被刪除

6#
發表於 07-8-10 21:59 |只看該作者
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 07-8-10 21:54 發表
多謝各位MAMI,

hello, Yau_Cheung.

你意思既如果我BB以後要讀英基既小學..中學.......E家讀定佢地戲KINDERGARTEN, 幫助比較大點?! THANKS

Yes.  Especially you are in category 2 (children who can access the local system but who also meet ESF's entrance requirements).

P.S. : category 1 is children who speak English as a first or alternative language but do not speak Cantonese and/or read and write Chinese characters.

7#
發表於 07-8-10 22:31 |只看該作者
THANKS A LOT,, Yau_Cheung,

You are so experienced, i'm a totally fresh of this, i guess your baby studing under ESF,right.....

And do u know how the possibility that my baby can accepted by them? how to improve the possiblity?

THANKS.

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-10 21:59 發表

Yes.  Especially you are in category 2 (children who can access the local system but who also meet ESF's entrance requirements).

P.S. : category 1 is children who speak English as a first  ...
親子王國以外之連結已被刪除

8#
發表於 07-8-11 12:10 |只看該作者
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 07-8-10 22:31 發表
THANKS A LOT,, Yau_Cheung,

You are so experienced, i'm a totally fresh of this, i guess your baby studing under ESF,right.....

And do u know how the possibility that my baby can accepted by ...

Hi fairyMummy,

My son is studying in Victoria not ESF kindergarten.  Sorry, let you disappointed.

I selected Victoria not ESF kindergarten because Victoria is bilingual.  In kindergarten, he is too young to learn chinese from outside.  Victoria has 2 class mistress.  One is chinese (I select cantonese because our mother tongue is cantonese and my speaking mandarin is poor) and one NET.  Both are very kind and caring as well as professional, they make my son loves english very much and not resist chinese.

Last but not the least, ESF primary accept some Victoria kindergarten's children every year.  Someone tell me that it is easier to join ESF primary in Hong Kong Island.

9#
發表於 07-8-11 22:34 |只看該作者
Hi, Yau_Cheung,

Your son is studying in Victoria, GREAT... actually, i'm studying this also, Victoria is famous for it's wise education system, and much close to me compared with ESF, did ur son graduated from their nusery too? i have some ideas wanna share with u:
1) Nursery:
    priority: Victoria, but do u know how old childern they accepted? 2yrs old or from 1.8yrs old?
    second choice: 明慧國際班

2) Kindergarten:
    ESF or Victoria

But do u think even our child is studing in IS, but if we use Chinese at home, can she or he have sense to say Chinse as well ?

Your suggestions are welcome. THANKS A LOT...

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-11 12:10 發表

Hi fairyMummy,

My son is studying in Victoria not ESF kindergarten.  Sorry, let you disappointed.

I selected Victoria not ESF kindergarten because Victoria is bilingual.  In kindergarte ...
親子王國以外之連結已被刪除

10#
發表於 07-8-12 00:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 07-8-11 22:34 發表
Hi, Yau_Cheung,

Your son is studying in Victoria, GREAT... actually, i'm studying this also, Victoria is famous for it's wise education system, and much close to me compared with ESF, did ur  ...

FairyMummy,

My son joined Victoria when he was 2 years old (pre-nursery).  He has just finished nursery and he will study lower class in coming Sep.  He born in Jan, so he is the older one in class.  As he is the older one, he is very confident and high participation in class activities.

Which Victoria is the closer one to you?  Is it Homantin?  My son studied PN & nursery in South Horizon and he'll transfer to Balcher (as it is the closest one to our home).

At home, I agreed with my husband that he speaks Cantonese and I speak English with our son.  My son can speak both cantonese and english very well even "talking back".

I recommend : father, mother, baby sitter/maid, grand-parents (always stay with your son) can speak different language with your son but it should be consistency.  e.g. : mother + maid in Eng only; father in cantonese only; grand-parents in mandarin only.  It depends on who can speak more fluent.

11#
發表於 07-8-13 11:38 |只看該作者
Good Morning, Yau_Cheung

It's good to hear from u that ur boy did very well in the school, i think the class inspired his potenital leadership, it's really important to a chirld today, espcially for a boy..:)

My baby girl was borned on 1st Oct 2006, i asked some school, they just accept the children must reach 2 or 3 yrs old, that means my bb have to delay 1yr of her education life  just because 1 day later?!  this is the thing i really worried about....

I lived in North Point, thus Harbour Heights Campus is the nearest one. about 10 mins walking....

I think u did very good job on educated ur son. u provide a good lanuage enviorment to him, makes him benefit from this, i look up to u ....

I always thinking about that our responsiblites to our children are not just feeding them, give them enough money, the important is we provide chance for them to meet the new things which benefit them all life long.  U did very well on this....

Did u bought the English Teaching Materials for ur boy? like English Time, Disney world of English? I just subscirbed the BABY TV (cable) for her, as i think the first two were so expensive, and do not value for money...

Well, Thanks for ur sharing.. it's really nice to talk to u .. Have a good day...:)

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-12 00:14 發表

FairyMummy,

My son joined Victoria when he was 2 years old (pre-nursery).  He has just finished nursery and he will study lower class in coming Sep.  He born in Jan, so he is the older one ...
親子王國以外之連結已被刪除

12#
發表於 07-8-13 13:28 |只看該作者
請問九龍區有冇英基幼稚園呢?

13#
發表於 07-8-13 18:29 |只看該作者
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 07-8-13 11:38 發表
Good Morning, Yau_Cheung

It's good to hear from u that ur boy did very well in the school, i think the class inspired his potenital leadership, it's really important to a chirld today, espcia ...

FairyMummy,

Nice to hear you again and thank you for your praise.  Actually, I'm still learning to teach my boy.

Some of my son’s classmates are born in Oct even Dec.  Don't worry.

Victoria Kin. interview (pre-nursery):
2 class teachers interview me and my son.  One is chinese teacher and one is NET.  They observe my son playing and ask him some questions.  I think they want to know his understanding and can response properly.  Also, they ask me some questions about his daily life.

Hope the above information can help you.   

Disney (world family) is good but too expensive and we can get substitutes.  We have the following items:

1. Disney's Magic English 2 sets VCD
2. Mr. Men & Little Miss VCD
3. Thomas & Friends VCD, books
4. The Wheels on the Bus VCD
5. BBC English Show VCD
6. Simsala Grimm VCD
7. V-smile TV learning system
8. Many computer learning CD-ROM, e.g. Discovery Adventure, Discovery Phonic, Primary English for Junior Students, I-Reading (a voyage of everyday words), etc.
9. My first story reader
10. Many songs VCD
11. Many books
12. Always go to library to read.

Highly recommend items :
- I-Reading (a voyage of everyday words)
- My first story reader (I'll buy story reader that is for older one)
- Always go to library

14#
發表於 07-8-13 21:19 |只看該作者
原文章由 bigbighei 於 07-8-13 13:28 發表
請問九龍區有冇英基幼稚園呢?

Hi bigbighei,

Abacus International Kindergarten - Clearwater Bay Road

15#
發表於 07-8-13 21:44 |只看該作者
想問下,有邊間國際學校是外籍人士的bb讀架?

16#
發表於 07-8-13 23:49 |只看該作者
Hey, Yau_Cheung,

THANKS for ur nice advices...it's really useful to me..

Seems  that the necessary for a BB go to the playgroup to learn how to get along with other children and how to response properly, especaily in a one-child family.. tmr, i'll send my bb to JWT for a trial class.. hope it's work.. i can fell the pressure.. i don't know it's good or not, HK chird have to face the cruelly interview in their just 2-year-old..:-|

I already save the book list, but may i know where i can get them , actually, i tried to borrow some VCDs like Disney in lib, but most of them are Chinese VCD , so finally i borrowed some english CDs for my bb, better than nothing.

You are right, ALWAYS GO TO LIB, although bb can't read right now, but she can feel it, make her loves to read....especially we have a grand central lib.. no excuse any more..

YOU HAVE MY THANKS.............  nice dreams

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-13 18:29 發表

FairyMummy,

Nice to hear you again and thank you for your praise.  Actually, I'm still learning to teach my boy.

Some of my son’s classmates are born in Oct even Dec.  Don't worry.
親子王國以外之連結已被刪除

17#
發表於 07-8-14 14:15 |只看該作者
Hi Yau_Cheung,

Thanks a lots! but it quite far fm my home la!

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-13 21:19 發表

Hi bigbighei,

Abacus International Kindergarten - Clearwater Bay Road

18#
發表於 07-8-14 16:20 |只看該作者
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 07-8-13 23:49 發表
Hey, Yau_Cheung,

THANKS for ur nice advices...it's really useful to me..

Seems  that the necessary for a BB go to the playgroup to learn how to get along with other children and how t ...

Hi fairyMummy,

I think it's good for your child to go school earlier.

We're also one-child family, so I let my son go to school since he was 1.5 year old. (study 5 years kindergarten is very costly ).  He never cry in school (except fight with the others, it cannot avoid).  Child can get lots of fun in school, there is no pressure.  Interview pressure only for you not for your child (don't tell BB it's an interview, just act as usual).

Some of items are brought for a long time.  Maybe you can find some in “Toys R Us”, “Commercial Press” & “Honey B” (10/F, Century Square, Central).

19#
發表於 07-8-15 20:02 |只看該作者
Dear FairyMummy,

The 1st story reader and books are brought from "Book Buddy" (The In Square, Causeway Bay)

20#
發表於 07-8-16 12:56 |只看該作者
THANK YOU so much.. Yau_Cheung,

I just knew Toy R us  sell books too, i thought they sell toys only:loveliness:  I'll check it out..

Maybe it's true that cost 400k to bring up a child

Thanks again.. and wish u and ur family have a nice day..

原文章由 Yau_Cheung 於 07-8-15 20:02 發表
Dear FairyMummy,

The 1st story reader and books are brought from "Book Buddy" (The In Square, Causeway Bay)
親子王國以外之連結已被刪除
‹ 上一主題|下一主題