密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Boxhill Ma On Shan
查看: 8273|回覆: 31
go

Boxhill Ma On Shan [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-10-3 17:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can anyone tell me things about Boxhill Ma On Shan?  I'm thinking of sending my kids to it.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-10-4 10:42 |只看該作者
My daughter just start N1 - 2 years old  from end August.  Actually, I can give you infomation is they take care children very well.  My daughter class room have 20 childs with 3 teacher inside.  Teaching medium mainly in english. everyweek have a notice to told you what they are teaching in next week.  e.g.  this week  - body, next week - food etc......

3#
發表於 07-10-9 00:12 |只看該作者
My son is now attending the playgroup in Boxhill 3 times a week.  

I remembered the first day my son attended their playgroup, my husband and I were very surprised and impressive when the teacher recognised my son and called his name.  It was the first time we met that teacher!  

The principal is also a friendly lady.  She joined with the class teacher to observe each child in the class.  She will even give you advice on how to teach your child in school and at home.

Each week we receive a letter from the class teacher on the subjects which my son has learnt from the school.  Recently, my son has learnt to make his own table mat and use it during his snack time in school.  

Parenting seminars will also be organised by the school in order to give advice and tips to parents on observing children's behaviour.  So, you can feel their sincere attitude in teaching children.

My son has also enrolled to study N1 there in 2008.  Although the campus of this school is not very big, the environment is good, the toys for children and toilets are new and clean.

They will have an open day on 13 Oct 2007 (Sat PM).

4#
發表於 07-10-9 17:35 |只看該作者
Hi all,

just seen this topics,

I have the following questions, please tell....thanks

- Do they have any Cantonese/Putonghua lesson?
- If yes, ratio of English/Cantonese/Putonghua teaching?
- In general, which of the schools will the graduates go?
- Do they have any connection with other Intl Schools?
- ratio of Chinese / Foreign kids?

Many Many Thanks again

5#
發表於 07-10-13 21:52 |只看該作者
Hi bbsweet

I have a chance to chat with Boxhill's teacher on the school open day.

1) They said that there are around 30 minutes to teach kids Cantonese and Putonghua in N1 during 3 hours lessons.  Additional Putonghua lessons will be added for K1 - K3 kids every day.

2) According to their previous records, 40-50% of graudate kids studied in international primary school after completing K2.  One-third of them went to SJS and  two-third went to RC.  The remaining 50-60% kids studied in local primary school after completing K3.

3) They said that they have no connection with international shcools.  As the English standard of their kids are good, international primary school often select their kids.

4) I found that there are foreign kids studied there but majority are Chinese kids.

If any parents whose kids are studying in Boxhill and found my information is not the case.  Please correct me.  Thanks.

[ 本文章最後由 angusbbma 於 07-10-13 22:45 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 07-10-14 11:13 |只看該作者
thanks angusbbma

7#
發表於 07-10-14 13:25 |只看該作者
Is there a lot of homework in Boxhill?  Well, I don't want my daughter has too much homework in her kinder life.

8#
發表於 07-10-17 00:09 |只看該作者
Hi all !
My son study in N1 now.The school principal is a nice lady who like children very much. She told me that my son was totally different  when out of my sight----He made joke with her.....this made me so surpriced coz he is a shy kid.
The teachers are nice too. I had asked them :Is my son understand what they talking about at school  ? Because my son not speak English at all and the teachers  told me that my son can speak  English during class. They told me that I no need to worry so much.There is NO homework too.They will give the study book to you every friday only to let you know what is going on during schooling.Also, they will loan a book for the kid every week and ask the parents and the kid read together .
Being a mother, I just want my son can be happy . And I am so glad to let my son study in this school,because he really very enjoy his school life :D:D

原文章由 Queenie601 於 07-10-14 13:25 硐表
Is there a lot of homework in Boxhill?  Well, I don't want my daughter has too much homework in her kinder life.

[ 本文章最後由 patshing 於 07-10-17 00:15 編輯 ]
Hi~~~~

9#
發表於 07-10-18 16:49 |只看該作者
how much is the school fee?
And, do they have play group for child under 2yrs?

10#
發表於 07-10-18 22:38 |只看該作者
Their mother duck playgroups (either Mon, Wed, Fri or only Saturday) are for kids over 18 months old.

11#
發表於 07-10-31 11:18 |只看該作者
Hi all!

I'm still thinking whether I should send my boy to ESF Tsing Yi or Box Hill. I hope my boy can be admitted to RC afterwards. Will studying in ESF kindergarten have a better chance for admission to RC than other international kindergartens such as Box Hill? If the chance is equally (or more or less) the same, I would pick Box Hill because it charges lower tuition fees than ESF. What do you think? Thanks for sharing.

12#
發表於 07-10-31 11:20 |只看該作者
Hi all!

I'm still thinking whether I should send my boy to ESF Tsing Yi or Box Hill. I hope my boy can be admitted to RC afterwards. Will studying in ESF kindergarten have a better chance for admission to RC than other international kindergartens such as Box Hill? If the chance is equally (or more or less) the same, I would pick Box Hill because it charges lower tuition fees than ESF. What do you think? Thanks for sharing.

13#
發表於 07-11-1 09:20 |只看該作者

回覆 #12 Mammy-Peggy 的文章

My son was studying N1 in Box Hill and now in ESF Tsing Yi since K1.

I appreciate Boxhill very much as they care about the kids with their heart and my son learnt a lot in this school.  He was very happy and proactive in learning class as what I learnt from the class teacher and the reports.  I remember the class size at that time was just around 15 kids with 3 teachers.  But in ESF Tsing Yi, just so & so, the teachers' turnover is high and so commercial.  If i am not path the way for my son to the ESF Primary, I would not change my son's school and keep him in Boxhill.

However, if you prefer RC, as far as I know, quite a lot Boxhill's student was accepted by RC and I suggest you talk with their principal who is very informative.  May be she can give you some more constructive idea.

14#
發表於 07-11-1 09:21 |只看該作者

回覆 #12 Mammy-Peggy 的文章

deleted due to duplicate

[ 本文章最後由 chuchuma 於 07-11-1 09:28 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 07-11-1 15:16 |只看該作者
You may also consider "Anchors Int'l Junior School" in Tai Po. Actually is is the new Int'l section with a totally new and big campus of "Anchors Kindergarten and Int'l Nursery". This is a new int'l school which only provides kindergarten this year and primary may be starting from next year.

My daughter was a former student and as far as I know student from the Int'l section got high admitted rate to SJS. My girl and some of her previous classmates also are studying at SJS now.

原文章由 Mammy-Peggy 於 07-10-31 11:18 硐表
Hi all!

I'm still thinking whether I should send my boy to ESF Tsing Yi or Box Hill. I hope my boy can be admitted to RC afterwards. Will studying in ESF kindergarten have a better chance for admissi ...

16#
發表於 07-11-1 19:22 |只看該作者
Hi AAA-Mom,

Can you share with me more information for "Anchors Int'l Junior School", it seems no website for this school.
Thanks a lot!

17#
發表於 07-11-1 23:26 |只看該作者
Hi patshing

I've planned my son to study in Boxhill N1 next year.  How do you concern about the outdoor playground for kids?  As I know from some bk mommies, they prefer the nursery to provide outdoor playground instead of indoor only like Boxhill.  

原文章由 patshing 於 07-10-17 00:09 硐表
Hi all !
My son study in N1 now.The school principal is a nice lady who like children very much. She told me that my son was totally different  when out of my sight----He made joke with her.....this m ...

18#
發表於 07-11-2 09:42 |只看該作者

回覆 #13 chuchuma 的文章

hi  chuchuma. thanks for your sharing.

i'm also planning to send my boy to study at ESF primary school, but i've heard that the competition of places is very keen. as both my husband and i are local chinese and english is not our native language, i'm afraid the chance of my boy to be admitted to ESF is very low. in addition, as we live in tsuen wan, we can only apply for Beacon Hill School which catchment area is so huge... even after studying at esf kindergarten, he still can't be admitted to Beacon Hill School. and we need to find another international school for him, such as RC. so, i'm thinking if whether studying at esf kindergarten or boxhill can also lead him to RC, why not pick a cheaper one but with the same (or similar) teaching quality?

[ 本文章最後由 Mammy-Peggy 於 07-11-2 09:45 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 07-11-2 09:51 |只看該作者

回覆 #15 AAA-Mom 的文章

hi AAA-Mom!

i haven't heard "Anchors Int'l Junior School" before, but tai po is too far away from my home. i don't want my boy to have a long distance travel to school every day... anyway, thanks for your info.

20#
發表於 07-11-2 09:55 |只看該作者

回覆 #18 Mammy-Peggy 的文章

Hi Mammy-Peggy,

As far as I know, Beacon Hill's competition is very high, however, I also know one of my friend's daughter had been accepted by Beacon Hill while her parent's english are just so so.  Sometimes it depends on our luck (or may be your son's luck).

Anyway, RC is not bad, I heard a lot good word of mouth from the student's parents.

If I were you, I would choose Boxhill instead of ESF Tsing Yi if I planned to place my kid in RC.

[ 本文章最後由 chuchuma 於 07-11-2 09:57 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題