搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 有冇人今日去咗真光interview?
查看: 2938|回覆: 24
go

有冇人今日去咗真光interview? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-10-13 14:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
你吔囡囡或仔仔考啲咩?我囡囡好快就出返嚟大約15分鐘到
佢話老師叫佢記住"雪梨,叔叔,火車"然後同佢講吓其他嘢(因我個囡話唔記得講咩)最後再問返佢睇吓佢記唔記得"雪梨,叔叔,火車", 你吔呢?我見都有好多人去in, 是咪已經收晒幼稚園學生很少收出面學生呢?知不知道大約有多少個位?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-10-13 17:14 |只看該作者
my daughter also joined the interview.
she said the teacher asked her to throw some balls and   draw a picture. Aslo around 10-15mins.
I don't know how they assess the children. it seemed       that  it is just a show, I wonder if they had reserved the
vacancy to some people and my daughter was granted   
the interview just because we had made the application.
I guess my daughter won't get a seat although she
performed well in the interview.

3#
發表於 07-10-13 19:36 |只看該作者
My daughter went to interview this morning at 8:45a.m.
the arrangement was good and it lasted for about 30
minuties for the whole process (including waiting).

She told me that she answered 5 questions.  However,
the teacher did not ask her to draw a picture or throw
balls.  Were there any difference?  Was it just a show

I have met the principal and talked to her for more than
10 minutes, she told me that the school would considered the children whom their parents  were grauduated from
True Light.   But they will also considerate the "outside"
children.

Anybody have experience that can share

4#
發表於 07-10-13 19:49 |只看該作者
我都有帶囡囡面試,阿囡拿著一張圖畫出來.她沒說老師問了她什麼問題,只說了蘋果球,香蕉月亮和西瓜船三個名詞.
就今天所見,真光的學生表現不俗,你們有同感嗎?

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 07-10-13 20:10 |只看該作者
我地今日都有去, 佢地d學生真係.........好醒, 好有能力, 好有禮拜.

我個女都係無畫畫呀, 都係叫佢記住3樣野, 同埋記4個位的數目字, 跟住問番佢記唔記得.  

點解會有2套唔同既interview方法既??? 唔通真係一套方法係for reconfirm 佢地已選好既目標, 而另一套係 just for a show?? 咁邊套至係真呢???

原文章由 kwanann 於 07-10-13 19:49 硐表
我都有帶囡囡面試,阿囡拿著一張圖畫出來.她沒說老師問了她什麼問題,只說了蘋果球,香蕉月亮和西瓜船三個名詞.
就今天所見,真光的學生表現不俗,你們有同感嗎? ...

6#
發表於 07-10-13 20:43 |只看該作者
All potential TL parents,

I don't think so.  There are about 110-120 students in the Tai Hang TL Kindergarten and in recent years, most of them go to the ballot, for free primary education.  Some think TL is "not good enough" in academic results.  Only about 50 to 70% stay in TL primary.  On the other hand, those coming from Caine Road TL Kindergarten account for less than 20.

4 classes in P1 @35 mean 140, so there is still a quota of about 50 to 60 for "outsiders".  I have seen many un-related and outsiders all these years. (My kid started from ktg and is now in p5).  One more thing, the final "verdict" is June next year when parents have to make the final choice.  by that time, some more places may then be released for those on the waitlist.

Since my kids went direct to the P.1, we never experienced the interview.  But from all what you have described, you can see TL is not testing the kid's academic capability but I guess, is observing their problem-solving skill and reaction.

Last, but bot least, I must thank those who praise our TL students.  My kid is one of them on duty today.  See, how proud ourselves to be TL parents, hopefully we can meet next September.

7#
發表於 07-10-13 22:12 |只看該作者
My younger daughter also attends the interview today.  Unlike last year, for my elder daughter, the parents waited more than one hour where it is about 15 mins today.

I think they are not making the show since my elder daughter was accepted last year and I know some other kids were accepted.  All of them were not studying in TL kindergarten.:

So, don't worry and wait for the good news.

LingChiBaBa

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

8#
發表於 07-10-13 22:26 |只看該作者
同感, 我女女係屬於無直升真光小學既, 原因係我想搵一間活動d既小學俾佢
大部分真光家長都會去抽下獎, 始終$2600一個月學費, 話平唔平, 話貴唔貴, 如果抽到good enough又唔駛錢, 有d家長會走, 我果年有d去左st francis, 幾個好彩去左marymount(你知12網都幾多好學校)
我對真光有信心, 絕對唔係一間做馬既學校, 可能有關係既applicants, 或多或少會手鬆d, 可以理解, 不過其他學生一樣有公平機會

原文章由 Putongren 於 07-10-13 08:43 PM 硐表
All potential TL parents,

I don't think so.  There are about 110-120 students in the Tai Hang TL Kindergarten and in recent years, most of them go to the ballot, for free primary education.  Some thi ...

9#
發表於 07-10-13 23:00 |只看該作者
今天interview的感覺係好簡單, 所以沒有好感, 不知是否太多人apply.
請問知不知道男/女生的比例?

10#
發表於 07-10-13 23:01 |只看該作者
My daughter also attends the interview this morning. Although it only takes around 15 - 20 mins, I still respect the assessement method of the school. As parents, we are sometimes quite contracdictory. If the school asks too many questions or too difficult questions during interview, parents may challenge if it is necessary or too tough for a child at only 5-6 years old. If it's too simple, we may challenge how the assessment works out. We apply for the school, because we believe in the school teaching philosophy and system. Therefore, I should respect the selection system.
Today, parents are asked to complete a questionnaire on different areas e.g. time spending with our kids, strength & weakness of our kids, reading time, parenting skill etc. I believe the school will also take it as reference in the selection process. Believe in the school. Believe in our kids' talents & potential.
--  
Rachel MaMi

11#
發表於 07-10-14 00:55 |只看該作者
原文章由 LingChiBaBa 於 07-10-13 22:12 硐表
My younger daughter also attends the interview today.  Unlike last year, for my elder daughter, the parents waited more than one hour where it is about 15 mins today.

I think they are not making the  ...

May I know that how your elder daughter got a seat in TL   Was the style of interview similar to this year?   I am so wonder that why they had two different styles for
interview this year.  Thanks a lot

12#
發表於 07-10-14 01:57 |只看該作者
我女兒今天也參加了interview, 我們早了抵達, 結果未到原定面試時間已出來, 前後少於半小時. 女兒告訴我們也是說3樣物件4個數字, 還有摺紙剪紙.  我們很滿意安排, 時間快, 童軍的表現很醒目, 等待期間看學校的設施活動dvd也很吸引.  相信父母填的問卷和報名時交的profile 也會是學校揀選學生的考慮吧.
至於收生名額, 招生簡章寫了是 約60人, 面試須知也有大致面試內容. 面試後對TL 更有好感.
晴晴媽媽

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 07-10-14 15:35 |只看該作者
我諗大家想了解既係.........點解有兩套咁唔同既面試形式而唔係面試內容深定淺? 應該以同一個形式才可以公平地衝量那一位小朋友的面試表現較好!!!

14#
發表於 07-10-14 20:32 |只看該作者
我個女今年在真光讀k3,坦白講,我覺得真光真係一間好好既學校,雖然academic真係一般,但我個女由k1完全唔出聲,到而家有自信,表達能力ok,實在令我覺得好開心!真光d學生好簡樸,但有禮貌!校園又大又整潔!
本來真小係我既不二之選,but我最大問題係我住九龍,自己在新界做野,搵左好耐香港d樓都唔想搬,而家每個月都要俾$1500校車費&要花個半鐘返學,連我個女都話覺得好遠,所以我都諗左好耐!個女都有考其他學校,諗住遲d再諗!
我個女d同學好多都會入番真小,but都會參加lucky draw,當然,如果 lucky draw得左,好多都未必會俾錢讀書啦!

15#
發表於 07-10-14 23:40 |只看該作者
My girl has interviewed too.

She was first asked to draw a picture, but teacher did not ask anything about the picture.  I guess drawing is only give them something to do while waiting for the interview.

Then she has to memorize 3 things bee, fried rice and light.  I was told that this test their concentration when talking with other people.

I dont think a school will set 2 ways to interview kids, it seems a waste of brain cell.

原文章由 AndyRain 於 07-10-13 20:10 硐表
我地今日都有去, 佢地d學生真係.........好醒, 好有能力, 好有禮拜.

我個女都係無畫畫呀, 都係叫佢記住3樣野, 同埋記4個位的數目字, 跟住問番佢記唔記得.  

點解會有2套唔同既interview方法既??? 唔通真係一套方 ...

16#
發表於 07-10-15 14:12 |只看該作者
Hi, Rachel_MaMi

"Like parents, like children" and I dare say "like school, like parents".

It is great for your children to have parent like you who are so sensible.  After all, children are how they are brought up.  In the early eduaction life, how parents behave has far more impact than what school teaches.  See if we can meet next September in TL.

Likewise, different schools having different teaching philosophy will naturally attract parents of similar value sets.  I cannot imagine why a school will design an interview without a specific purpose, nor to tally with the selection criteria.

Regarding the "two interview approaches", I agree with xiaong and gather the actual situation is like this.  The kids were brought to a waiting room before they went to the interview room next door.  If the interview room is still occupied, they were given the chance to draw pictures in the waiting room, that seemed not to be part of the formal interview.  Actually, there were some other small toys, drawing is only one of the stuff, so as to keep them not too boring.  But if the interview room is vacant, the candidate might not have the chance to stay in the waiting room for the "drawing".

So, for all other parents, relax......  Come on, if the school you have ever chosen is so unfair and dirty, you should be grateful that your kid cannot/will not get in!!!

原文章由 Rachel-MaMi 於 07-10-13 23:01 硐表
My daughter also attends the interview this morning. Although it only takes around 15 - 20 mins, I still respect the assessement method of the school. As parents, we are sometimes quite contracdictory ...

17#
發表於 07-10-16 23:04 |只看該作者
請問有冇人知道幾時會收到2nd in letter?

18#
發表於 07-10-16 23:38 |只看該作者
原文章由 hellomabel 於 07-10-16 23:04 硐表
請問有冇人知道幾時會收到2nd in letter?

Is there any second interview. I have not heard before

19#
發表於 07-10-16 23:46 |只看該作者
按"面試須知"於十一月十七日前有信通知結果。

應該是沒有2nd in 的。