發新帖
查看: 10141|回覆: 7
go

澳洲Sydney的小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-1-29 20:10 |顯示全部帖子
Welcome to Sydney.

A useful weblink is: http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/learning/k_6/index.php

This link is the Kindergarten to Year 6 learning areas for schools in NSW Australia from the Board of Studies. If you click on the various links on this site, it also has the syllabus which outlines what the teacher covers in each learning area.

The usual rule is: since your child's birthday is in November, she should start Kindrgarten after she turned 5. So the other advises you have are correct - most school would put her in year 2 at 7 yrs old. Most schools (both public and private) are very helpful and will help you to decide whether your child should skip a year / go to yr 2 / yr 1.

Remember to bring school reports / sample of homework and school work - these will help the school to give you the correct advise.

2#
發表於 08-1-29 23:36 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 ttmum000 於 08-1-29 22:56 發表
Can I ask some questions here, too?

你好!我也暫定6月中過去,我儿子也是11月出世的,現時已經7歲了,正读香港小二的課程。请问可以插班吗?可以在香港申请吗?

And I have another son 5 now. Can he study in year 1?

Schools age in Sydney are fairly simple -
eg.
if the child is 4.5yrs to 5.5yrs, they will normally enter Kindergarten in Jan 2008 (similarly, 5.5 yrs to 6.5yrs will start yr 1 in Jan 2008)
if child's birthday is borderline (say birthday in May / June / July), the decision is made by the parent(s) and/or school (detemined by whether they think the child is ready or not, whether the child should start or hold back a year).

Note that the above is not set in stone - I know a little girl who started Kindergarten in 2007 at the local public school - at 4yrs and 2 months (a special case, very high IQ, reading level already reached yr 2, her older sister already skipped a grade)

Yes, you can migrate and start school half way through a school year - just contact the school as soon as you decide public / private, which school and the date you want to start. Most schools have website and contact details (though of course the most direct way is to ask in person).

Hope the above helps.

[ 本文章最後由 sbandliz 於 08-1-29 23:38 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-1-30 01:32 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 ttmum000 於 08-1-30 01:21 發表
... I will call tomorrow as the school just start now right? I will  let my sons go to the public school. One more question is any bully things happen in public school? ...

Kindergarten starts on Thursday, the rest of primary school starts tomorrow (Wednesday).

To be truthful - bullying does happen sometimes, but in very isolated cases as far as I know. The best way I found is better communication - if you are worried, talk to your child, and then to the other parents, teachers and school principle. Be involved with your child's school - ie. voluntee to help with Math / reading / canteen, then you can observe what is happening in the school.

4#
發表於 08-1-31 06:54 |顯示全部帖子
Making friends / new environment - 99.9% of the kids are very friendly, and the teacher will do their best to help your child. Chinese population is fairly high in Sydney, so you will find that most classes have at least 2 to 10 Asians (in a class of 20 to 30 kids). The teacher will look at your child's English level and decide whether she need any extra help - at such young age, your child will catch up in no time.

If you can spare an hour or 2 each week, I do suggest you voluntee to help in class - Math/sharpening pencils/cutting up craft materials etc. This means you can actually see what is going on in the classroom and playground. Chat to the other Mums in the morning or afternoon, this will help your little girl to make friends, and you will find out more about the school. Talk to the teacher and ask questions if you have any concerns, they will understand and will help.

Uniform / school bags /shoes - all depends on which school you go to, and whether it is private / public.
Most private school have their own uniform and school bags with their school logo on them, so maybe hard to get them from HK. The best way is to decide on which school, then contact them to find out about enrolment procedure and uniform requirements - this way you can buy exactly what is needed and not waste money.

Primary schools here are very easy on the kids - not many books to bring home each afternoon, most are left in class. At yr 3 last year, my daughter had 2 A4 size books to bring home each week (not thick, each maybe 5mm to 10mm thick).

My children goes to public school, and this is what I have been packing in their school bag :
- lunch box (not too big, enough to fit sandwich, fruit, snack)
- drink bottle (I prefer water, only pack small juice packs on special occassions)
- change of socks/underwear/shorts (for the younger one in yr 1, just in case)
- raincoat (again for the younger one)
- small pencil case (for yr 1 - 12 colour pens, 2 markers, small pencil sharpener - the other stationeries provided by school. for yr 4 - the above, plus 4 pencils, small ruler, eraser, glue stick)
- plastic pocket with zipper, slightly bigger than A4 size (for the reading book they bring home each night)
- library bag, clothe bag with strap, slightly bigger than A4 size, use once per week for library books. (also available from school)
So you can see that their bag aren't that heavy. But I did buy their school bags in HK - because more choice and prettier.

Sorry about the detailed description of their bag. I hope the above info helps.

5#
發表於 08-1-31 12:02 |顯示全部帖子
Maybe your little girl is worried about leaving her friends behind.

Lots of luck with your move. Feel free to talk even if it is just to voice your worries. I am sure there are a lot of mums on here who are happy to help or just to listen (me included ).

6#
發表於 08-4-26 01:31 |顯示全部帖子
It is hard to say which school is best unless you talk to other Mums in the area and visit each school individually.

For selective high school - kids will sit for a special test during March in Year 6, their score at this test will determine whether they can get into the selective high school of your choice. The school will provide more information to you in Year 5 & Year 6.

Sorry that I can't be of more help - my oldest is only in Year 4 this year.

7#
發表於 08-4-26 01:34 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 jane9898 於 08-4-7 14:05 發表
1)生於NOV2004, 是否FEB 2010讀小一?
2)對澳州熟識媽咪可否email/電話聯絡?

thanks!!

Yes, Nov 2004 baby will start Year 1 in Jan / Feb 2010.

8#
發表於 08-9-1 15:21 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Peninsula 於 08-8-28 22:32 發表
Hello Sbandliz,
你好!我一家移民到Sydney大約幾個月,而家住在Ryde,想請問Ryde附近有無边幾間比較出名嘅小學,我個仔而家兩歲,只係喺度番Gymbaroo的playgroup,對依度小學嘅認識真係好小,边間好校風都唔知,我淨係知 ...

Hello,

Try asking at: 澳洲媽媽會
http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=133
There are a couple of mums who is living in Eastwood / Epping / Carlingford.

My kids goes to Denistone East, and I have friends who have kids at St Kevin, St Michael, Ermington, and Melrose Park. They are all happy with their school. Though I have observed that Chinese & Korean parents tend to like Eastwood Public School & Denistone East Public School. Also, another mum in BK has choosen Beecroft Public School.

I hadn't heard anything bad about any of the schools above.

Hope this helps.

sbandliz
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖