發表於 07-12-6 10:53 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
國際學校要默書嗎?
如沒有, 學生是用什麼方法達到認字的效果?
有方法可以代替默書嗎?
   0    0    0    0
昊昊媽

2#
發表於 07-12-6 19:27 |只看該作者
yes.   Spelling individually with the EA/helper but not dictation.    around 10-20 words each time.

3#
發表於 07-12-6 20:18 |只看該作者
原文章由 昊昊媽 於 07-12-6 10:53 發表
國際學校要默書嗎?
如沒有, 學生是用什麼方法達到認字的效果?
有方法可以代替默書嗎?

No dictation in Y1, they start to write words and sentences using phonics.  From Y2 onwards, there are spelling quiz.

4#
發表於 07-12-6 22:51 |只看該作者
原文章由 WYmom 於 07-12-6 20:18 發表

No dictation in Y1, they start to write words and sentences using phonics.  From Y2 onwards, there are spelling quiz.

Hi,

Which international primary school is it?

5#
發表於 07-12-6 23:04 |只看該作者
At HKIS, children begin with sound spelling in lower grades, meaning instead of writing 'I went to school', the child may write 'i wnt t skul'.  This is totally acceptable for the early years, because the objective is to encourage them to express themselves, and not be intimidated by incorrect spellings.

By 6 years old (Grade 1), they will start to build what is called a "word wall" where the teacher will post several new words each week.  By the end of the week, students are expected to know not only how to spell the words that are on the wall, but what the words means.  By the end of the year, students would have accumulated one to two hundred words that they can spell and use accurately.

In Grade 2 and up, the expectations of spelling correctly increases, and spelling tests take place each Friday starting Grade 3.  The emphasis is always that they not only know how to spell the word, but to be able to use it properly in sentences and writing stories.  Therefore, the week's spelling homework will revolve around the new spelling words, including writing the definition in their own words, finding opposites, making sentences, writing short stories, etc. using these words.

A very important partner of the spelling program is the reading program.  The two programs go hand in hand.  The more the child reads, the more words s/he can recognize, and ultimately spell correctly.

原文章由 昊昊媽 於 07-12-6 10:53 AM 發表
國際學校要默書嗎?
如沒有, 學生是用什麼方法達到認字的效果?
有方法可以代替默書嗎?

6#
發表於 07-12-7 05:00 |只看該作者
原文章由 YOSASHTO 於 07-12-6 23:04 發表
A very important partner of the spelling program is the reading program.  The two programs go hand in hand.  The more the child reads, the more words s/he can recognize, and ultimately spell correctly.

YOSASHTO

1. Do you mean that the words which the students have to spell within the week are selected from the books of reading program?

2. Could you tell me more about the reading program?

7#
發表於 07-12-7 07:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 mattbotsmama 於 07-12-6 22:51 發表

Hi,

Which international primary school is it?

ESF.  Their way is same as that used by HKIS as described by YOSASHTO.

8#
發表於 07-12-7 12:54 |只看該作者
wnanama

The weekly words are mostly selected by the teacher, but student are required to add to this list in upper years.  Since students read different books depending on their reading level / group, the words are more likely to be from other subject areas.  For example, when they were a science unit on water, words may be evaporation, condensation, etc.

When I say "reading program", I am referring to the reading part of the school's language arts program.  The children are divided into groups depending on their reading level, and they are assigned books to read, discuss and write about.

In the early years (Grade 2 and before), the emphasis is on recognizing words through frequent reading.  They first begin with having an adult (the parents) read to them every night.  Then in Grade 1, the parents will have to listen to the child read aloud.  Grade 2 involves more "thinking" while they read, and parents have to ask some questions after the child is done reading the chapter.

Starting Grade 3, they not only have to read the book, but have to write the feelings about the story, its main character, what they might do differently, etc.  This is to enhance their understanding of what is being read.  My son is in Grade 5 now, and this year's emphasis is on learning about different genres and styles of writing.  They are reading many different types of books, including fiction, non-fiction, and fictional history.

原文章由 wnanama 於 07-12-7 05:00 AM 發表
YOSASHTO

1. Do you mean that the words which the students have to spell within the week are selected from the books of reading program?

2. Could you tell me more about the reading program?

9#
發表於 07-12-7 14:46 |只看該作者
Just wonder of ESF has the similar leaning procedure as IS, any BK mom can share?

10#
發表於 07-12-7 16:29 |只看該作者
I think most international schools adopting a western curriculum have similar reading and spelling program.
Google the term "sight words". May be not all schools or teachers follow this word list, but you might have a better idea of what words are learnt (to read and spell).

[ 本文章最後由 JennyL 於 07-12-7 16:32 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 07-12-8 07:12 |只看該作者
YOSASHTO,

Thank you very much !!

原文章由 YOSASHTO 於 07-12-7 12:54 發表
wnanama

The weekly words are mostly selected by the teacher, but student are required to add to this list in upper years.  Since students read different books depending on their reading level / grou ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題