教育王國 討論區 國際學校 French International School
發新帖
查看: 2357|回覆: 3
go

French International School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-2-24 10:59 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi all,

Any parents with kids or friends' kids studying in French International ? I want to know more details about this school :

1. What are the strengths and weaknesses of this school ? e.g. compare with schools like HKIS, CIS, GSIS, CDNIS and ESF ?
2. How about the waiting list ? again, compared with HKIS, CIS, GSIS, CDNIS and ESF ?
3. How's the chance of getting in FIS, for a Chinese (no overseas passport), with no knowledge of French, but native speaking English (my son has been studying in international schools since nursery.
How many Chinese lessons do they have ? For P.3 or P.4 and upwards
4. I saw from their website that they have 2 classes in Primary but only 1 class starting from Secondary. How come ? Does it mean that it's not guaranteed for the Primary student to get a place in their Secondary ?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I wish somebody can help and thank you very much in advance.

Ruby
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-2-25 10:16 |只看該作者
Hi Ruby1219,

1. What are the strengths and weaknesses of this school ? e.g. compare with schools like HKIS, CIS, GSIS, CDNIS and ESF ?

Ans: It is quite difficult to compare with all these school. It is all depend on your preference.

2. How about the waiting list ? again, compared with HKIS, CIS, GSIS, CDNIS and ESF ?

Ans: The waiting list is quite long, it is over hundred in junior grade. And won't accept outsider after P4 onward. But it is possible to get in when you apply Reception Class.

3. How's the chance of getting in FIS, for a Chinese (no overseas passport), with no knowledge of French, but native speaking English (my son has been studying in international schools since nursery.

Ans: The chance of getting in FIS is possible, if  you are applying Reception Class, because they will invite quite a lot of children to interview. The interview is conduct in English, they don't test you French level.

How many Chinese lessons do they have ? For P.3 or P.4 and upwards

Ans: They will start Chinese lesson in P2 onward, and it is one lesson per week.

4. I saw from their website that they have 2 classes in Primary but only 1 class starting from Secondary. How come ? Does it mean that it's not guaranteed for the Primary student to get a place in their Secondary ?

Ans: In the past years, the students normally left the school and studied in other country. So the school may reduce to only one class. But in recent year, they start to stay in HK and lesser and lesser study oversea, so they increase into 2 classes from this year onward. The information from the website may not update.

3#
發表於 08-2-26 12:40 |只看該作者
Thank you very much KathyChing.

I called the school and found that their waiting list for P.3/4 is already over 30. I asked if I can enjoy higher priority by buying the corporate debenture. But they said it would only be effective (for pushing up your priority) after one year of purchase when the debenture is 'mature' !

As it's kinda urgent for me to enrol my son into the new school in Island side and I have applied for 2 to 3 other IS already. I think maybe I should not apply for FIS now. It would solve my problem in a short term I guess.

But thank you for your patient and detailed answers  !

Ruby

4#
發表於 08-3-1 20:17 |只看該作者
Hi KathyChing,

I sent you a PM.  Please check.

nvmom

原文章由 KathyChing 於 08-2-25 10:16 發表
Hi Ruby1219,

Ans: It is quite difficult to compare with all these school. It ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題