用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有無mama已收到St. Paul的入學信/通知信?
發新帖
樓主: WaiKiu
go

有無mama已收到St. Paul的入學信/通知信? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-18 14:25 |顯示全部帖子
My girl got admitted in PM session; 大囡, working Mummy, 無宗教信仰

I can share some experience here that, my girl's BD is 04尾, try many school last year ALL accept, only SPK reject--> cause 細囡,
So I let her  study in another school K.1, and this year 再接再勵try SPK again. Got admitted.
But I can say that, my girl's performance this year is much much better than last year, at least she is willing to talk withe teacher. Last year still too small, just 2 years old, how to compare with 3 years old's kids?
Little Natalie join to our family on12.2004.Little Hayden join to our family on 2.2007

2#
發表於 08-3-18 15:19 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Broadband & all,

My girl is now studying in SMM (聖瑪加利大)幼稚園 in 跑馬地, I can say, it's a very good school, the teacher their is kind and patient, even the 校工都好好人, and I'm impressed by their 校長's教學理念, so last year I let my girl to study here.

And my girl is very enjoying the school life here. However, the SPK still is my first choice, as I have many friends graduated  there and as well as my friend's kids. All the comments from SPK's  is positive, and the most important and our concern is 一條龍, right?! So Although SMM is very good in all but we still have risk when our kids go to to P.1, so that's why I let her try and repeat in K.1 in SPK.

Some of my family members also think that, it's a kind of wasting time to repeat, but my girl is born in Dec. Actually, there's no difference with those kids born in Jan/ Feb.  We are not rushing them to graduate and come out to work, and they won't feel boring as every school got different teaching materials, and when they go to Kindergarten, they are mainly PLAYING than studying.

As we can heard the opinions from the parents of SPK, their kids studying in SPK has not much stress, and I believed that they will become a happy kids with full of confident.

不過我想強調一點就係,如果我個囡係讀緊SH(聖心) or培正-->mean 一條龍幼稚園,我就未必會轉. My Point is SPK might not be the best kindergarten, but for some parents/ childern, it just suitable our requirements.
原文章由 broadband 於 08-3-18 14:48 發表
Hi Lionkiki,

Your baby should be very smart. Which kinder is she studying now? It should be also a good one. My daughter are in similar situation but she is one year younger than your daughter. I hav ...
Little Natalie join to our family on12.2004.Little Hayden join to our family on 2.2007

3#
發表於 08-3-18 22:36 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Keikei Mama,

I am totally agree with you that, SPK's interview is the shortest and worst I meet among those kindergarten. I was upset last year, as they reject my girl--main reason as she is small girl.

But back to the reality, we still HOPE that our kids could study in SPK, as we know or I know their teacher is really use their heart to teach their students...however, this might not applicable to the interviewers.

And the 1 dragon method to go to SPP, I have 2 friends who's girl is studying in SPP, it's true that, SPK might only have 88 to 90% to go to SPP, not 100% like before, but those could not back to SPP, is those final 10 or 13 amount that year. So if our kids not behave really bad, I think it's not a problem. and one of my friend's girl even change to DGS from P.2, and now already F.3 and still studying in DGS.
原文章由 Keikei_mama 於 08-3-18 20:44 發表
Be frank, I am not spite because my daughter was rejected. But I am not sure whether SPK is really good. Because of the style and impression given in the interview, it was the worst one which I have e ...

4#
發表於 08-3-19 10:05 |顯示全部帖子
Regarding your friend's case, it might also be true that small girls have more high risk. Say my daughter, she perform more confident and out-spoken this year compare with last year. On last year interview, honestly to say, she still have 6 months to 1 year apart with other children.

And I have 2 friends which their kids also same as mine, born in Dec. and they let them be small girl and small boy before, they found no problems from K.1 to K.3, but start from P.1 & P.2, they feel their kids hardly follow the standard of the school, both of them go to famous school in Kowloon side. And endup they need to repeat in P.2 & P.3 respectively.... So they strongly insist me to let my girl to be Big girl instead of small girl.

I didn't think my girl's learning ability is weaker than others, in fact I feel she learn fast tim! But as I'm working mama and sometime will fly out of town, I would have a bit worry on her study and need to make sure that she understand and could follow the school standard. It really have a big difference  in interview performance between last year and this year.

I was really upset last year, when SPK reject my girl, although we don't expected too much as she is small girl. So I try it this year. Anyway, I think all of us did appreciate and proud of our kids that they take part in every single interview,  and no matter the what is the result, we should priase our little kids, which they did a great job!
原文章由 Kma 於 08-3-19 02:41 發表
Hi Lionkiki,

If this is the case that the bottom 10 or 13 students in K3 may not be accepted to SPP, then it could be more risky for the small girl to study in SPK, someone told me that their class h ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題