My girl failed......

3#
發表於 04-4-8 20:10 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇媽咪已經收到CCKG信?

me too!!

4#
發表於 04-4-8 20:11 |只看該作者

I just got the letter and my girl fail too.

5#
發表於 04-4-9 18:48 |只看該作者

Just received the letter today.  Fail!

6#
發表於 04-4-10 02:29 |只看該作者

I received and result "Waiting list" (means fail)

7#
發表於 04-4-10 17:27 |只看該作者

my son is so lucky, he got admitted.  I and my hubby are very very happy.
[center]Our little Hannah is [/center]

8#
發表於 04-4-10 18:20 |只看該作者

My girl has been accepted too. But I'm still not sure whether to change or not. She is now in St. Catherine. I'm afraid that CCKG is too strict. Any mom has an opinion for me?

9#
發表於 04-4-10 18:27 |只看該作者

strict? impossible.

10#
發表於 04-4-10 23:44 |只看該作者

Hi Trevormama,

Would you mind telling me which K1 is your son going to at the moment?  Thanks.

Regards,
danielboy

11#
發表於 04-4-10 23:49 |只看該作者

Hi

CCKG only accepted big boy or big girl?  Most of them from St Catherine?

Can you share your opionion with us?

Tks.   

12#
發表於 04-4-10 23:57 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 04-4-11 00:23 |只看該作者

May I know when is the registration day for the successful candidates?
God is love!

14#
發表於 04-4-12 12:17 |只看該作者

Hi everyoneone,

My son is admitted into Lower Faith and he is currently studying SC.  

We haven't join any interview course before and we are not Chirstian family, that's why we are so suprise in it.  Although, we know it is a strict school, but we think we will try it.

We need to reply for the acceptance letter before Apr. 22 and the registration day is on June 3.
[center]Our little Hannah is [/center]

15#
發表於 04-4-12 13:08 |只看該作者

Actually, CCKG is not a strict school.

16#
發表於 04-4-12 18:29 |只看該作者

CONGRADULATION TO ALL ACCEPTED BOYS OR GIRLS!! BUT MY SON IS FAIL TOO.

17#
發表於 04-4-13 00:46 |只看該作者

Grateful if those parents whose children have been admitted by CCKG please advise whether your children are big boy/big girl?  Some parents said so, is it really?

Thanks.
God is love

18#
發表於 04-4-13 09:42 |只看該作者

My son is extremely lucky that he admitted and will be in class of Lower Love. He borne in Sep.

Do any mama & dada can give more information of CCKG.
I heard some mama said the advantages of CCKG is not same as previous as the standard of Chinese is not strong enough to support the kids to some famous Primary School.

Please share.

many thanks  

19#
發表於 04-4-13 11:03 |只看該作者

I received the acceptance letter last night lately as I just came back to Hong Kong.

My daughter is so lucky to be admitted and will be in the class of Lower Love, same as YauYau's son.  My girl is also born in Sept.

My husband's niece and nephew also studied at CCKG a few years ago.  Their English standard are very good, for Chinese standard, I'm not sure as they usually read English books.

20#
發表於 04-4-13 11:31 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I'm a past CCKG parent though I'm new here and maybe I can share some of my experience.

CCKG is not strict in learning style, but quite demanding, eg, they have dictations on English, Chinese and mental test every week.  In K3, students are expected to spell 10 English new words every week, plus all other words learned previously for the dictation.  In my days when my girl was still there, she spent quite a lot of time every week in practising for the dictations.  Maybe my girl is only an average girl, so it's quite a big pressure for her.  Teaching hours of Chinese was not enough (only 30 mins a day), but the requirement was quite high.  However, as the school emphasised most on English, the Chinese level was not as high as other kinder.  When my girl went to P.1, she had quite a hard time in catching up on her Chinese.

My girl graduated from there a few years ago and before she changed, she studied in SC.  From what I observed from the students of SC and CCKG, students of SC have more balanced training on different subjects but CCKG is not.   Maybe the situation changed as I heard they put more emphasis on Chinese now.

It was also worth noting that for those who succeed in entering DB or DG, they are either mature and independent learners who achieved brilliant results or they got some relationships (eg, parents being old boys/girls, or they have siblings studying there) with the targetted schools.  Do you remember you've to declare your relationship with those two schools or Christ Church in your application form?  That means the kinder has a screening already and there's no wonder why their students get a higher admission rate by the primary schools mentioned.  It is not at all the case that you would get higher chance for entering DB/DG ONLY because you studied in CCKG.
Please think twice before changing if you think it's the case.

For parents thinking whether to change to CCKG, you have to consider: Is your child learning a lot and perform well in his/her present kinder?  Is he/she happy in her school life?  As changing of school means changing of learning style, it deserves serious consideration before you make any decision.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題