教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有冇住錦鏽但在九龍塘返幼稚園呢?
樓主: kc
go

有冇住錦鏽但在九龍塘返幼稚園呢? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-5-27 12:39 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇住錦鏽但在九龍塘返幼稚園呢?

Hi Longman,

I have some similar past experience as you.
My son also studied in STS from K1 to P1.
Though I'm not living in Yuen Long, I also live in NT.
It really took a long travelling time. When my son was in K1, I was very worry and thus my domestic helper had to sit with him in the school bus, (both going to and return from the school). Gradually, I found that it didn't seem to be a great problem as my son enjoyed in the travelling time to play with his classmates. To be honest, travelling time during kinder is not a great trouble, but during primary school, you will find that there is insufficient time for studying and joining extra activities.

42#
發表於 04-5-27 13:00 |只看該作者

Hi aileen:

可否分亨一下小學生一般課外活動的時間好讓我計劃一下女兒應否往外讀書?

請賜教!

43#
發表於 04-5-27 13:30 |只看該作者

Hi Longman,

In STS, there is no extra or after school activities, it concentrates on academic especially English. But anyway, I still love STS as it is so warm and nice, just like a big family. If it is not decided to close down, I might not change.
I used to join outside courses on Saturday and Sunday. When I changed to Ying Wa Primary School in P2, there are a lot of after school activities. Since it is a whole day school, after joining the activities, it will be 5:00 pm already. If you still have to spend one hour travelling time, you will find that he is very tired and there is no time for homework. If there will be dictation on the next time, it will be much poor. Bearing in mind that your child has to go to bed before 10 pm as he will have to wake up at 7 in the morning. I believe that it should not be less than 9 hrs sleep for a 7 yrs old child. Thus I seldom join the activities on weekdays. On the other hand, there might not be any school bus arrangment after the activities, you might have to arrange the pick up by yourselves.
Feel free to discuss if there is anything I can share.

44#
發表於 04-5-27 15:32 |只看該作者

Kamen,

How will your girl travel from Fanling to STS?  How long will it take?

I live in Tai Po and I am thinking if I should apply kindy in Kowloon Tong for my girl this year.

Thanks,
athenak

45#
發表於 04-5-27 15:32 |只看該作者

To aileen :

我想問問英華小學的課外興趣班一星期上多少堂,Is activity is compulsory subject to student ?

你覺得STS kinder 怎樣?完成K3後再往其他小學,它們的程度可銜接到嗎?你小朋友現時讀書辛苦嗎?

Thanks for your share.

Longman

46#
發表於 04-5-27 18:19 |只看該作者

Hi Longman,

It is advisable but not compulsory to take the extra activities, usually once a week, but if you take 2 extra activities, e.g. one sport and one music, then you will have to stay behind for 2 days during weekdays. Some of them are taken on Saturday, it depends on which activiities you want to take.
STS kinder is fine. The only comment is too traditional as compare with other kinders. Nowadays, we always emphasis on active / interactive basis vs traditional or direct teaching. I have neither tried any private / DSS, nor participate in GOVT's central allocation. I had just joined STS primary as I'm satisfied with it at that time.
No need to worry about the standard of STS kinder, especially the English standard of STS primary. It must be above average. However, no matter which kinder you are studying, there must be a certain extent of problem when our child start P1. It is totally different and much difficult. Not only the child has to adapt but the parents as well.
My son loves STS as he could wake up late (he studied in pm class in the past), but he also loves YW because of various activities especially the football. We can also have more family activities on Sunday because there is fewer tests and exams in YW as compare with STS.  

47#
發表於 04-5-27 20:29 |只看該作者

Athenak,
我諗住比佢坐保姆車,佢讀下午班,12:20上車,五点多回家,我覺得可以接受。
你可以比佢考吓到時再決定。

48#
發表於 04-5-27 23:22 |只看該作者

Kamen,

Thanks for your reply.  Your girl doesn't need to take a nap in the afternoon, does she?

My girl always takes a nap in the afternoon.  So I prefer am class at the moment.  Not sure if she will change when she reaches 3 years old.  

Rgs,
athenak

49#
發表於 04-5-28 12:09 |只看該作者

我個女簡直係精力充沛過人,可以唔使午睡,咁呢就10点倒瞓覺,如果佢午睡片刻,咁就11点12点都唔會瞓覺。

50#
發表於 04-6-1 23:51 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

51#
發表於 04-6-3 00:08 |只看該作者

hi nicki,
錦繡除咗「天美」重有「宣道會錦繡堂」,我宜家都諗梗可能比個女轉讀宣道會k1(自己鐘意教會學校多),因為佢9月出世所以今年才考培正k1(2005),到時要讀多一年k1。

hi Longman,
你細女喺天美讀n1邊班呀?邱老師定黃老師做班主任呢?我細女係邱老師嗰班o架。

52#
發表於 04-6-3 04:40 |只看該作者

To: kc

以我所知天美幼兒園只得一班N1,不過就有兩個導師,黃老師同邱老師都是負責教N1的。

不如我們認真D在錦繡搞個gathering 呀?今個sunday ?
are you all ok?

Longman

53#
發表於 04-6-10 20:29 |只看該作者