密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school
查看: 13908|回覆: 106
go

A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-17 01:17 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
My son studied P.1 in a private traditional school.  I found him having problems of losing his temper, losing his belongings, not tiding up his belongings, running out of the classroom and not doing part of the examination papers.
       I thought I should find another school for him.  
       With attractive advertisement, I changed him to study P.2 in a direct subsidy school.  This school is a through-train school with two teachers a class and thirty pupils a class.  Besides, this school has a psychologist.  I guessed that my son would have better caring in this school and my son might suffer from certain kinds of disabilities.
        In the first term, no conduct was given.  But in the second term, D+ was given to my son.  At that time, he was diagnosed to suffer from a mental problem and started to take drug.  The teacher isolated him by arranging him to sit alone at the back corner of the classroom.  After hot discussion, my son was arranged to sit alone at the back of the middle classroom.  My son had no academic problem.  In the last term, he was given C in conduct.
        Before the start of P.3, I discuss his problem with the P.3 classteacher as well as submitting the letter of a Psychiatrist for sitting in front of the classroom.  Though the school had serious staff conflict in the summer of 2007, I was not aware of this and let my son study P.3.
        In P.3, the school system was changed.  There was only one classteacher in P.3 and the pupils of P.3 and P.4 were split into four groups under the care of four teachers.  Though the SGT and the classteacher informed me of two disturbing behaviour arising among my son and other classmates, they had no follow up action (just informing me).  I just took notice on these incidents.  I also gave a recommendation letter from a Psychologist of how to handle my son at school to the classteacher.
        Again, my son was given D+ in conduct in the first term.  I appealed to the head principal immediately.  I requested to have a case conference.  
        The school was very protective and just informed me of no change of conduct.  The headmistress told that the teaching staff had a prior meeting and she listed out his misbehaviour at school.  They just found justification on conduct of D+(focusing on his weakness but not his strengthens).  I was very angry.  Someone had to trigger my son such as asking his nickname.  Later, this case was known to Educational Psychologist of Education Bureau.  In the second term, the school gave him C- in conduct.  In the last term, the school gave him C+ in conduct.
        Definitively, I should change another school for my son.  I wrote the true facts to some principals.  With his good academic performance but poor conduct, only one kind and concern principal accepts him to study P.4.  My son plays the piano in grade four and gets second divison in the final Olympic Mathematics Competition against Hong Kong and Mainland students.
         I am lucky to find a suitable school to start anew for my son.
   1    0    0    0

107#
發表於 09-6-22 21:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 peacefulguy 於 09-6-22 16:36 發表
我睇完晒所有post之後覺得你真係一個超級好的papa呀....還有真係好開心你可以幫你的兒子搵到一間啱佢嘅學校。

其實我回想自己當初搵學校嘅時候真係好似你所形容一樣, 被所謂嘅口碑呀, 高班學生的表現呀, 校舍呀,  ...

Which school? Can U PM for me

106#
發表於 09-6-22 16:36 |只看該作者

加油......

我睇完晒所有post之後覺得你真係一個超級好的papa....還有真係好開心你可以幫你的兒子搵到一間啱佢嘅學校。

其實我回想自己當初搵學校嘅時候真係好似你所形容一樣, 被所謂嘅口碑呀, 高班學生的表現呀, 校舍呀, 外籍老師呀等等吸引, 到現在我都係有些想轉校ga...。講句真話, 我早於小一的第一個term嘅時候已經想轉校了, 因為學校本身行政上已經令人覺得好混亂, 到小朋友上堂嘅流程呀, 幾時教過咩呀, 幾時要默書呀, 教到邊課呀, 手冊呀等等都混亂無比。而英文科又沒有書wor......所有野都令我覺得好confuse到底間學校適唔適合我個仔呢? 但後來我同其中一個同學的媽咪傾過, 佢話佢覺得學校無咩wor...好好丫, 叫我放心啦...可能新教學方式我地未習慣....so我又繼續留下, 但到今年9月我小朋友要上小三了, 我依然有一種覺得間學校唔係好得嘅感覺咁......我最怕嘅唔係成績呀....係最怕因為我嘅錯誤決定而影響個小朋友嘅將來呀....我唔知點解成日有小小覺得學校,講就天下無敵咁嗰種感覺lor.....anyway希望係我多心啦......

sorry...我唔係同你兒子同一間學校ga...大家唔好誤會呀。

105#
發表於 09-5-31 12:27 |只看該作者
chanpa,

不要洩氣,你是好爸爸!可以在my tv-tvb.com - peral report 看到你的programme.

104#
發表於 09-5-31 09:53 |只看該作者
Very touching about your story.
Keep up.

I believe there is no best school nor education but the appropriate school and education.

I once attended some briefing sessions, and introducing how many phD teachers, how many psychologists, how were their mission ... It was very commerced-feel! Or they are doing research study --> so many phD teachers and pshchologists! Regarding the mission, it is very much easy to find them from web!

103#
發表於 09-5-30 14:07 |只看該作者
I am coming back.  

Please share for the mystery of DSS.  Now DSS becomes a hot topic especially the one at Lam Tin.

Someone pretends to be parents to attack me.

Moreover, the film at Pearl report in youtube is banned.  Someone has already taken hidden action against me.

For your information, that DSS tries to accept the students in P.5 in September 2009 now.  Totally, there are two classes of P.4 about or less than thirty students each from 2008 to 2009.

102#
發表於 09-2-4 12:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 Opus599 於 09-2-2 18:33 發表

3/2/2009 mid-night = 4/2/2009, 12:45 am - 1:15 am

明珠檔案 The Pearl Report

GIFTED TROUBLES

MORE THAN 2% OF OUR POPULATION ARE CLASSIFIED AS GIFTED. YOU MIGHT THINK, PARENTS MUST FEEL SO BLESSED T ...

For those of you who might have missed the program out, the same 明珠檔案 will be showing again on coming Sat Feb 7-09 on Pearl @12:15p.m.

101#
發表於 09-2-3 11:40 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

"DSS taught a little but required pupils to have a normal standard.  Needless to say, the pupils should work with the parents or private tutors closely." - this is normal in many hk shcools, even the elite ones because they have to emphasis ranking for the sake of secondary allocation system.

" In the examination, if you write simple sentence without mistake, you will get high marks." - this is also normal in hk schools. so you do expect that some of the so called band one students can't read very well when they are in form 1.

lowering expectation in both students and schools would solve our problems. i think.

100#
發表於 09-2-2 19:04 |只看該作者
Hi Opus599

Thank you!!!!

99#
發表於 09-2-2 18:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 jjd 於 09-2-2 02:40 發表
miss咗呀?可以邊度睇番?

3/2/2009 mid-night = 4/2/2009, 12:45 am - 1:15 am

明珠檔案 The Pearl Report

GIFTED TROUBLES

MORE THAN 2% OF OUR POPULATION ARE CLASSIFIED AS GIFTED. YOU MIGHT THINK, PARENTS MUST FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUPER SMART KIDS. ACTUALLY, THEY CAN BE A NIGHTMARE. EXPERTS SAY GIFTED PEOPLE HAVE MORE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS THAN ORDINARY FOLK. NOT A FEW ARE DUAL EXCEPTIONAL , SUFFERING FROM ASPERGER'S SYNDROME OR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER. PRODUCER MABEL SIEH FINDS OUT HOW SCHOOL ARE COPING, WHAT PARENTS GO THROUGH AND WHERE THEY MIGHT SEEK HELP.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS ACTUALLY PUT QUITE A LOT OF RESOURCES INTO THE EDUCATION OF GIFTED STUDENTS, INCLUDING SETTING UP AN ACADEMY TO TRAIN THEM AND THEIR TEACHERS. BUT WHY ARE PARENTS STILL COMPLAINING THEY'RE NOT GETTING THE HELP THEY NEED?

98#
發表於 09-2-2 07:34 |只看該作者
me too, due to dinning out.  Any luck with youtube?

97#
發表於 09-2-2 02:40 |只看該作者
miss咗呀?可以邊度睇番?

96#
發表於 09-1-31 00:06 |只看該作者
Hello, BK mums

Please watch the Pearl Report at 6:55pm on 1.2.2009.

95#
發表於 09-1-28 01:59 |只看該作者
Dear all,

All BK mums are very clever and smart.

When I read this http://www.discuss.com.hk/redirect.php?tid=8711968&goto=lastpost, I am very sad and uncomfortable.

Let first talk about the P.1 syllabus (2007-2008)
at this DSS.

For Chinese, DSS used 現代中國語文.  These Chinese books divided into 小—上第一冊、小一上第二冊、小一下第一冊和小一下第二冊。DSS taught 16 chapters out of 48 chapters.  In the examination, they required the pupils to write the completed sentences and do reading comprehension.  DSS taught a little but required pupils to have a normal standard.  Needless to say, the pupils should work with the parents or private tutors closely.

For English, DSS divided into differents groups.  Some reading books are in low level just like in kindergarden in Kowloon Tong.  Pupils need to do a very difficult English exercise book.  I think the pupils could hardly make use of this in writing.  DSS emphasised the phonetics.  In the examination, if you write simple sentence without mistake, you will get high marks.   Yet, I am hesitate if DSS taught the pupils gramma or not.

For Mathematics, it was the same level as the normal school and it was taught in English.

For 人文素質 , DSS used 朗文常識, which had four text books.  DSS taught eighteen chapters in Chinese out of twenty-seven chapters.

You have to paid $3,600 a month for a normal or even lower standard.  It is not worth to do so.  Furthermore, a pupil tries to sit for entrance examination of other schools (考插班), this pupil gets no placement.  No way but to repeat.

Also, if you enter into this DSS, you have to study for twelve years as DSS does not apply for 公開派位.  一條龍到尾,不知好不好?大家博一博。

不參加公開派位,程度不被外界評定,很大問題。

94#
發表於 09-1-25 23:09 |只看該作者
Hi Chanpa

I feel sorry hearing your son's bad experience.   

From the clues:

in (Shatin).....(organized by university in Kowloon).....

I guess it should be:  浸X大學附屬學校王錦X中小學

If it is wrong, please immediately correct me.  If not, we must all know and remember by heart.  I shall avoid this school for my son and daugther.

May I know the good school that your son is attending?   or pls PM me.

Many thanks!

93#
發表於 09-1-24 16:14 |只看該作者
Hi Chanpa,
Please pm me the name of the previous and the new school too. Thanks.

92#
發表於 09-1-22 17:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 chanpa 於 09-1-21 23:34 發表

Coming soon in near future.

Hello Chanpa,

Would you mind pm me the school names of previous and existing.

Many thanks,
Kalongma

91#
發表於 09-1-22 15:19 |只看該作者
Dear Chanpa,

Glad to know that your son had much improvements.  Congratulations!

I'm also concern with my kids education, so please pm me the old n new school names for my reference.  Thanks.

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-7-17 01:17 發表
My son studied P.1 in a private traditional school.  I found him having problems of losing his temper, losing his belongings, not tiding up his belongings, running out of the classroom and not doing p ...

90#
發表於 09-1-21 23:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 swmami 於 09-1-21 03:52 發表
Chanpa - BTW, when will you appear on TV?  Which channel?

Coming soon in near future.

89#
發表於 09-1-21 03:52 |只看該作者
Chanpa - BTW, when will you appear on TV?  Which channel?
小小媽咪
‹ 上一主題|下一主題