密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school
樓主: chanpa
go

A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 08-12-21 08:56 |只看該作者
Chanpa, through reading your messages, I am really impressed by what you have done in bringing up your son.  You are very great.

In addition, if you do not mind, could you please PM me the name of your son's current school?

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-12-17 01:20 發表
Dear all BK mums,

After three-month P.4 study, my son gets grade B in conduct in the first term and improves a lot.  He tells me he sometimes has conflict with a boy but he tries to tolerate.  If he  ...

82#
發表於 08-12-22 14:55 |只看該作者
Dear Chanpa

Kindly pm me the school names your kid previously studied and are currently studies as I am also choosing school for my kid.

Bring up a child is not easy.  We all try our best and want to use good methods.

Thanks a lot.

83#
發表於 08-12-27 14:04 |只看該作者
chanpa,
May I know the names of the schools too?  Thanks.

原帖由 LoveQQBaby 於 08-12-22 14:55 發表
Dear Chanpa

Kindly pm me the school names your kid previously studied and are currently studies as I am also choosing school for my kid.

Bring up a child is not easy.  We all try our best and want  ...

84#
發表於 09-1-21 00:53 |只看該作者
Dear all BK mums,

My son gets satiisfactory results in GAPSK against other P.5 and P.6 students.  I think he is nearly the youngest candidate in this examination.

Furthermore, he got 二等獎 at olympics mathematics.  He attended the pre-examination course twelve hours in total two months ago and attended the olympics mathematics in January 2009 without revision.  But, he has difficulty in learning in some aspects and social relationship.

This DSS missed a high function pupil with special learning difficulties.  Yet, this DSS doesn't know how to deal with him, just fault finding and giving conduct D+ instead.  

I observe that there are many people speaking of how good the previous DSS is.  In fact, they may probably come from the DSS directly.  (自問自答) Don't believe them. (很容易中招)  Don't you see some pupils from G2 to G5 speaking of how they are in DSS in comparison with outside students?  For those getting offers in this DSS in 2009, they should think carefully.  All students are directly promoted to the secondary school (沒有公開派位,直上直資中學,沒有其他選擇。)

Lastly, I will appear on TV in coming soon.

85#
發表於 09-1-21 03:51 |只看該作者
Hi Chanpa

Very touched when I read your thread My boy is almost 2 years old.  My husband has been worrying if our boy is hyperactive (we do not have any detail knowledge on this area but we are aware of this cos of this is a hot topic among parents).  Really thanks for your and other BK parents' sharing... very helpful to me as a new parent.

Really glad to hear about your son's achievements.
小小媽咪

86#
發表於 09-1-21 03:52 |只看該作者
Chanpa - BTW, when will you appear on TV?  Which channel?
小小媽咪

87#
發表於 09-1-21 23:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 swmami 於 09-1-21 03:52 發表
Chanpa - BTW, when will you appear on TV?  Which channel?

Coming soon in near future.

88#
發表於 09-1-22 15:19 |只看該作者
Dear Chanpa,

Glad to know that your son had much improvements.  Congratulations!

I'm also concern with my kids education, so please pm me the old n new school names for my reference.  Thanks.

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-7-17 01:17 發表
My son studied P.1 in a private traditional school.  I found him having problems of losing his temper, losing his belongings, not tiding up his belongings, running out of the classroom and not doing p ...

89#
發表於 09-1-22 17:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 chanpa 於 09-1-21 23:34 發表

Coming soon in near future.

Hello Chanpa,

Would you mind pm me the school names of previous and existing.

Many thanks,
Kalongma

90#
發表於 09-1-24 16:14 |只看該作者
Hi Chanpa,
Please pm me the name of the previous and the new school too. Thanks.

91#
發表於 09-1-25 23:09 |只看該作者
Hi Chanpa

I feel sorry hearing your son's bad experience.   

From the clues:

in (Shatin).....(organized by university in Kowloon).....

I guess it should be:  浸X大學附屬學校王錦X中小學

If it is wrong, please immediately correct me.  If not, we must all know and remember by heart.  I shall avoid this school for my son and daugther.

May I know the good school that your son is attending?   or pls PM me.

Many thanks!

92#
發表於 09-1-28 01:59 |只看該作者
Dear all,

All BK mums are very clever and smart.

When I read this http://www.discuss.com.hk/redirect.php?tid=8711968&goto=lastpost, I am very sad and uncomfortable.

Let first talk about the P.1 syllabus (2007-2008)
at this DSS.

For Chinese, DSS used 現代中國語文.  These Chinese books divided into 小—上第一冊、小一上第二冊、小一下第一冊和小一下第二冊。DSS taught 16 chapters out of 48 chapters.  In the examination, they required the pupils to write the completed sentences and do reading comprehension.  DSS taught a little but required pupils to have a normal standard.  Needless to say, the pupils should work with the parents or private tutors closely.

For English, DSS divided into differents groups.  Some reading books are in low level just like in kindergarden in Kowloon Tong.  Pupils need to do a very difficult English exercise book.  I think the pupils could hardly make use of this in writing.  DSS emphasised the phonetics.  In the examination, if you write simple sentence without mistake, you will get high marks.   Yet, I am hesitate if DSS taught the pupils gramma or not.

For Mathematics, it was the same level as the normal school and it was taught in English.

For 人文素質 , DSS used 朗文常識, which had four text books.  DSS taught eighteen chapters in Chinese out of twenty-seven chapters.

You have to paid $3,600 a month for a normal or even lower standard.  It is not worth to do so.  Furthermore, a pupil tries to sit for entrance examination of other schools (考插班), this pupil gets no placement.  No way but to repeat.

Also, if you enter into this DSS, you have to study for twelve years as DSS does not apply for 公開派位.  一條龍到尾,不知好不好?大家博一博。

不參加公開派位,程度不被外界評定,很大問題。

93#
發表於 09-1-31 00:06 |只看該作者
Hello, BK mums

Please watch the Pearl Report at 6:55pm on 1.2.2009.

94#
發表於 09-2-2 02:40 |只看該作者
miss咗呀?可以邊度睇番?

95#
發表於 09-2-2 07:34 |只看該作者
me too, due to dinning out.  Any luck with youtube?

96#
發表於 09-2-2 18:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 jjd 於 09-2-2 02:40 發表
miss咗呀?可以邊度睇番?

3/2/2009 mid-night = 4/2/2009, 12:45 am - 1:15 am

明珠檔案 The Pearl Report

GIFTED TROUBLES

MORE THAN 2% OF OUR POPULATION ARE CLASSIFIED AS GIFTED. YOU MIGHT THINK, PARENTS MUST FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUPER SMART KIDS. ACTUALLY, THEY CAN BE A NIGHTMARE. EXPERTS SAY GIFTED PEOPLE HAVE MORE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS THAN ORDINARY FOLK. NOT A FEW ARE DUAL EXCEPTIONAL , SUFFERING FROM ASPERGER'S SYNDROME OR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER. PRODUCER MABEL SIEH FINDS OUT HOW SCHOOL ARE COPING, WHAT PARENTS GO THROUGH AND WHERE THEY MIGHT SEEK HELP.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS ACTUALLY PUT QUITE A LOT OF RESOURCES INTO THE EDUCATION OF GIFTED STUDENTS, INCLUDING SETTING UP AN ACADEMY TO TRAIN THEM AND THEIR TEACHERS. BUT WHY ARE PARENTS STILL COMPLAINING THEY'RE NOT GETTING THE HELP THEY NEED?

97#
發表於 09-2-2 19:04 |只看該作者
Hi Opus599

Thank you!!!!

98#
發表於 09-2-3 11:40 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

"DSS taught a little but required pupils to have a normal standard.  Needless to say, the pupils should work with the parents or private tutors closely." - this is normal in many hk shcools, even the elite ones because they have to emphasis ranking for the sake of secondary allocation system.

" In the examination, if you write simple sentence without mistake, you will get high marks." - this is also normal in hk schools. so you do expect that some of the so called band one students can't read very well when they are in form 1.

lowering expectation in both students and schools would solve our problems. i think.

99#
發表於 09-2-4 12:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 Opus599 於 09-2-2 18:33 發表

3/2/2009 mid-night = 4/2/2009, 12:45 am - 1:15 am

明珠檔案 The Pearl Report

GIFTED TROUBLES

MORE THAN 2% OF OUR POPULATION ARE CLASSIFIED AS GIFTED. YOU MIGHT THINK, PARENTS MUST FEEL SO BLESSED T ...

For those of you who might have missed the program out, the same 明珠檔案 will be showing again on coming Sat Feb 7-09 on Pearl @12:15p.m.

100#
發表於 09-5-30 14:07 |只看該作者
I am coming back.  

Please share for the mystery of DSS.  Now DSS becomes a hot topic especially the one at Lam Tin.

Someone pretends to be parents to attack me.

Moreover, the film at Pearl report in youtube is banned.  Someone has already taken hidden action against me.

For your information, that DSS tries to accept the students in P.5 in September 2009 now.  Totally, there are two classes of P.4 about or less than thirty students each from 2008 to 2009.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題