發表於 08-9-9 20:17 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Hi ddgirl:

我也是PY2的家長,有什麽事情嗎?

3#
發表於 08-9-9 20:35 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Hi! evatsoihk,
Nice meeting you! Could you kindly tell me  whether do the kids need to know how to read the chinese story book(the beautiful swan) before returning to school on 26Sep?
Thks!:

4#
發表於 08-9-10 10:23 |只看該作者
咦,我們的孩子是否會在同一班呢??

先回答你的問題,我的陪讀方法是,首先讀一次(其實在學校老師已經跟他們讀過的了),然後第二次叫他自己手指著字自己讀,當中有些字是學過或他會的,遇到不懂的生詞,你就教他,嘗試讓他認字(不是寫)。如此這樣幾天,你就讓他試著自己來講述這個故事,當中如遇到不完整的句子時,你可以用提問的方式讓他表達出比較完整的句子。在孩子可以用自己簡單的話語將整個故事講述出來后,你還可以嘗試看著圖片向他發問一些簡單的問題,比如説,是否因爲小鴨長得丑,我們就應該欺負它?小女孩看到被凍坏的丑小鴨時,心裏想些什麽呢?...等等。

凡是中文故事書都可以嘗試用這種方法陪讀。

以上是個人提議,希望其他家長也可以與我們分享他/她的陪讀方法。

原帖由 ddgirl 於 08-9-9 20:35 發表
Hi! evatsoihk,
Nice meeting you! Could you kindly tell me  whether do the kids need to know how to read the chinese story book(the beautiful swan) before returning to school on 26Sep?
Thks!:

5#
發表於 08-9-10 22:22 |只看該作者
Dear evatsoihk,
Thks for sharing your precious idea and I do fully agreed with your method. Through the QA, we also can know how much do the kids understand the story and their thinking. As for me, I still have to point the words and read to her the whole story as she just started learning mandarin at this new school term(she learnt cantonese in K1&2).
Hence, both of us(my girl and me) have to put in alot of efforts in this subject
I am trying to read more chinese stories books to her and let her watch mandarin cartoons.
My girl is in PY2K, her chinese teacher is Mdm Kwok and her relief Eng teacher is Ms Tsang(her original Eng teacher Ms Veronica Chin will be back in Oct from sick leaves).
Which class is your girl from? Maybe, both of our girls are classmates

6#
發表於 08-9-11 00:10 |只看該作者
evatsoihk,

I am interested in SIS.  Can you please let me know, at the end of PY1, what was taught in school in English, Maths, and Chinese?

原帖由 evatsoihk 於 08-9-9 20:17 發表
Hi ddgirl:

我也是PY2的家長,有什麽事情嗎?

7#
發表於 08-9-11 12:20 |只看該作者
妳的小朋友是今年的新生嗎?

py2的小朋友我覺得已懂得小小國語拼音...所以我會叫他讀給我聽...如果遇著他不懂讀的,我會拼給他前面兩個音..例如他昨晚讀的jiao ta che的jiao...我會讀 j... i... ao,然後他就可以讀到jiao出來了...我自己國語不太好...想訓練他自己讀

原帖由 ddgirl 於 08-9-10 22:22 發表
Dear evatsoihk,
Thks for sharing your precious idea and I do fully agreed with your method. Through the QA, we also can know how much do the kids understand the story and their thinking. As for me, I  ...

8#
發表於 08-9-11 17:55 |只看該作者
真不好意思,其實我並沒有怎麽跟進孩子的學習,所以印象中,PY1主要是:英文教phonics,寫A-Z及自己的英文名字;中文學習寫中文的的部首(描紅)、及自己的中文名字;至於數學嘛....我還真沒留意,好像學1-20吧。

比起外面的本地幼稚園,在SIS的幼稚園學起來並不辛苦,很輕鬆。

原帖由 patriciatu 於 08-9-11 00:10 發表
evatsoihk,

I am interested in SIS.  Can you please let me know, at the end of PY1, what was taught in school in English, Maths, and Chinese?

9#
發表於 08-9-11 17:57 |只看該作者
我女兒在PY2W的,中文王老師、英語是Ms.Waston(新來的),去年他們是Ms.Fan教,好的不得了。

有空讓我們多點互相交換意見吧。

原帖由 ddgirl 於 08-9-10 22:22 發表
Dear evatsoihk,
Thks for sharing your precious idea and I do fully agreed with your method. Through the QA, we also can know how much do the kids understand the story and their thinking. As for me, I  ...

10#
發表於 08-9-11 18:04 |只看該作者
yyyy:

你女兒已經曉得會看一點拼音啦,真厲害。

我沒問過我女兒是否會看,但是我不敢教她看,因爲怕她跟現在學的英語拼音搞混亂了。

每次她指著書上面的字照讀的時候,都有意無意的像在指著拼音,所以每次一看到這樣,我就“吼”她:你在看字,還是在看下面的英文(拼音)呀。但每次她都回答我說是看字。也不知道是真的還是假的,看來下次我要“哄哄”她,問清楚才行。

原帖由 yyyy 於 08-9-11 12:20 發表
妳的小朋友是今年的新生嗎?

py2的小朋友我覺得已懂得小小國語拼音...所以我會叫他讀給我聽...如果遇著他不懂讀的,我會拼給他前面兩個音..例如他昨晚讀的jiao ta che的jiao...我會讀 j... i... ao,然後他就可以讀到j ...

11#
發表於 08-9-12 10:08 |只看該作者
我都有相同的發現,她的眼睛是望著字下面的拼音讀;我不是很介意他懂拼音比字多,最重要是她可以自己看書,如果要他懂得所有的字才可以看書...那條路太慢長...我沒有耐性呀...看拼音看書似乎容易些..而且他們將來打字都是用拼音打..如果可以早些掌握拼音也有好處...

不過我很相信妳的教育方法...會多些留意她的認字能力...

原帖由 evatsoihk 於 08-9-11 18:04 發表
yyyy:

你女兒已經曉得會看一點拼音啦,真厲害。

我沒問過我女兒是否會看,但是我不敢教她看,因爲怕她跟現在學的英語拼音搞混亂了。

每次她指著書上面的字照讀的時候,都有意無意的像在指著拼音,所以每次一看到這樣,我就“吼 ...

12#
發表於 08-9-12 10:46 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

yyy,
Yes! My girl is the new student of SIS this year. How about your kid?
I also realized that my girl sometimes uses the 'phonics' way to read out chinese words. I think its fine as long as she try her best to read out by herself. I am only worried that she might be confuse with 'phonics' and 'han yu pin yin' later when she starts to learn 'pin yin'.

evatsoihk,
I saw your girl's chinese teacher Ms Wang during the orientation. She seems to be very nice and caring. As for Mdm Kwok(my girl's form teacher), she is also very good and  responsible as she response promptly to my enquires

13#
發表於 08-9-12 12:39 |只看該作者
妳的小孩子在適應上有問題嗎? 她本來也可以用英文溝通,是嗎?我見小朋友們自己溝通時都是用英文的...

我女那班也有4個新生...

原帖由 ddgirl 於 08-9-12 10:46 發表
yyy,
Yes! My girl is the new student of SIS this year. How about your kid?
I also realized that my girl sometimes uses the 'phonics' way to read out chinese words. I think its fine as long as she try ...

14#
發表於 08-9-12 15:14 |只看該作者
yyy,
So far, my daughter had adapted very well in the school and she likes it very much. She even sing the school song and S'pore national antheum at home everyday, very funny!
As we speak english to her at home, hence she doesn't has any much problem in communicating with her classmates. But when I suggested to her that we speak english/mandarin alternatively, she told me that why not english/malay????

15#
發表於 08-9-15 19:13 |只看該作者
Hi! yyy and evotsoihk,
My daughter's schoolbag will be very heavy tomorrow as we have to return the homeworks and chinese library bag back to school.
I had just enrolled her to the tution center near my hse for practising the chinese  recite as I am too lazy to practise with her
According to her teacher, she had chosen the 'fingers rhyme' for the students. How about your kids? Are they also doing the same rhyme?

16#
發表於 08-9-16 12:15 |只看該作者
我女兒的班“借還書日”是逢星期四,而中文主題書則是9月26日前歸還。今天她只是交中文功課,明天交英文功課,所以她的書包不算太重啦。

什麽是“fingers rhyme”(手指歌謠?),沒聼過。

原帖由 ddgirl 於 08-9-15 19:13 發表
Hi! yyy and evotsoihk,
My daughter's schoolbag will be very heavy tomorrow as we have to return the homeworks and chinese library bag back to school.
I had just enrolled her to the tution center near ...

17#
發表於 08-9-16 16:10 |只看該作者
evotsoihk,
The tiltle of the 'fingers ryhme' is "wu zhi xiao qing wa"(5 little frogs).
As for my girl, her chinese library bag has to be return on every Tue and English will be on Fri. That means different class will have different library day.
The reading method which you mentioned earlier was also adopted by her english teacher too. In the circular, the english teacher also require parents to have their child point to the words and read the story aloud and try to encourage the child to sound out words they are not familiar with.

18#
發表於 08-9-16 17:06 |只看該作者
We don't have  'fingers ryhme' too...is it fun?

Your child really adopted very well. She can sing National song with Malay already.  So good! I also heard my child sing the national song with my maid in Malay...so frantastic...

原帖由 ddgirl 於 08-9-16 16:10 發表
evotsoihk,
The tiltle of the 'fingers ryhme' is "wu zhi xiao qing wa"(5 little frogs).
As for my girl, her chinese library bag has to be return on every Tue and English will be on Fri. That means diff ...

19#
發表於 08-9-16 22:03 |只看該作者
yyy,
Why your child's class also don't have the "finger rhyme"? I thought all PY2 students have to participate in this event and the teacher will choose the best performance to represent the school
Aiya, I guess she just find the malay lyric funny, hence she is always singing(but always with 20% missing lyric as she cannot remember)
At least your Indonesian helper can help your child in revising the national anthem, I am sure your child will be able to sing very well soon.

20#
發表於 08-9-18 23:57 |只看該作者
"小妹妹 "and "5隻小青蛙" are the speeches for the Chinese Festival Speech Competition.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題