教育王國 討論區 資優教育 小學資優生家長上來分享
查看: 7546|回覆: 42
go

小學資優生家長上來分享 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-12 16:47 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
有沒有人有教署派給各小學 拔尖計劃的指引

我想了解一下. 因為我不可以再逃避過個問題了....

我想了解清楚... 因問題已熟到面前, 所以我想了解多些..... 以便更好的配合孩子的發展, 不能因我個人想法而阻礎他 可能更好的發展.... 我只希望他健康快樂在學校開開心心.... 但現在看來, 我不可以坐在這里什麼都不做...

請各位給我一些資料

請小學資優生家長上來分享一下, 在學校遇到的事和解決方法, 謝謝
   0    0    0    0
我係天天豬, 爸爸媽媽好愛我呀!

43#
發表於 09-7-15 20:41 |只看該作者
Hi Hinma,

My son is now 3 years old. When he's 1.5 years old, he already spell and write simple english words. He's got a very good memory. Now, he has more than 1000 vocab. He can even read story books (Oxford Story Tree Level 3). According to my observation, he can manage to study his sister's books (K3).

Hope u can give me some advice for me.
1. Is my son gifted ?
2. How, where and how old to check if he's gifted or not ?
3. What kind of schooling suitable for him ? (Since he's going to study Ki in upcoming Sep)

Many thanks,
Mandy

原帖由 hin_ma 於 09-5-16 11:48 發表
[quote]原帖由 Joy 於 09-1-8 16:50 發表
hi 各位,

我個仔語言IQ是145, 不過行為的IQ只有110, SO有很大差別, 專家說 因為語言與行為相差很大, 所以我的小朋友 ...

42#
發表於 09-6-5 00:01 |只看該作者
好多都好自卑,仲覺得自己好怪,又怕人地唔鍾意自己。

原帖由 EMMA88 於 08-12-8 13:45 發表
資優小朋友是否多數自信?? 有沒有自卑的??

41#
發表於 09-5-16 11:48 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 Joy 於 09-1-8 16:50 發表
hi 各位,

我個仔語言IQ是145, 不過行為的IQ只有110, SO有很大差別, 專家說 因為語言與行為相差很大, 所以我的小朋友有 只出口, 不願出手的行為出現.....

自信方面, AH仔對有把握的事就十分自信. BUT, 有小小懷疑,

可以pm我,你AH仔邊間學校嗎?PLEASE....

40#
發表於 09-4-2 18:22 |只看該作者
上年做咗評估知道小朋友是資優, 但知道了後我沒有作任何跟進了, 是否不應該呢?

其實可以做些什麼幫他發揮得更好呢?

若他在校沒有特別問題,是否講唔俾學校知都沒分別呢?

心中充滿疑惑!

39#
發表於 09-4-2 12:36 |只看該作者
I want to konw, too. Please email to me at [email protected]

38#
發表於 09-4-1 23:47 |只看該作者
Joy, grateful if you would pm me your son's school. Sounds like a great school. Maybe I should apply next year. Tx

rgds

37#
發表於 09-2-26 01:43 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

36#
發表於 09-2-16 09:12 |只看該作者
critic,

as i said, in California, it's not easy to find a well-established schools (no matterpublic or private ones) to let a kid completely skip grade although youcan proof that s/he is gifted.  The schools usually said thatthat violates the "whole child" approach becoz they're not"emotionally" ready.  

although some public schools offer the GATE program, it's only available starting from 3rd or 4th grade (depends on the school districts).  also, most of them do not do "pull out" (meaning that the gifted kids will be mixed with the regular class but they're just given a little more challenged homework, but the materials will not be more than 1 grade level higher than the regular class).  they also do not require the kids to take an IQ test and have a certain IQ score to be identified as gifted.  as long as the kid pass a standardized test (mostly academic) given by the state and score at 98% or 99%, s/he will be qualified to get into the GATE program.  so actually a lot of the kids in the GATE program are high-achievers (still have high IQ but not reached the gifted level), and high-achievers usually don't have social emotional problems and they do really well in academics.

meanwhile,  we don't really have good support for the gifted from the government .  the public schools are more geared towards the concept of "no child left behind".  plus, the state of CA has been cutting budget for the public education.

about homeschooling, actually a few people have suggested to me; however, i don't think it'll work for my kid as he almost never listened to me.  also, i think it's not good for his social skill and it's not easy to organize playgroups on a frequent basis.

35#
發表於 09-2-14 22:29 |只看該作者
SY_Mom,

I thought you should you have more options in the us, as it is very common to skip grade and school will get extra funding from the government if they confirm your son is gifted.  They offer a test called GATE - correct me if I am wrong. Or, will you consider to homeschool or k12.com?

I am now living in Shanghai, the school knows my son is smart (they even said he is genuis) I have requested to skip grade, he does not have EQ or emotionally problem but they said he is not socially mature enough and afraid can't mingle with the big kids, but will customize a program to fit his level.

[ 本帖最後由 critic 於 09-2-14 22:31 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 09-2-14 12:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 叮鈴 於 08-12-9 15:50 發表

睇下乜野性格和智慧有幾高。(iq唔等於智慧)

智慧愈高,苦惱愈多也。
藝術家型的資優或天才,佢地通常都比較傾向情緒化和負面一點。

我朋友個資優小朋友iq接近150,好明顯佢完全係理科型人,邏輯性好強,好多野都要有根有據 ...

叮鈴 : 我個囝,日喊夜喊,為咗寫幾隻字,攞掃把打我同爸爸.學習成績血壓高.諗盡辦法,做少啲嘢.拖得就拖.我等緊佢頭腦大開發.
快樂的甜芋快樂的甜芋

33#
發表於 09-2-14 09:49 |只看該作者
我覺得家校結合好重要, 經過個多月的磨合期, 加上老師不怕我這個"煩"家長, 我們配合的好好..... NOW 我個仔真是很大進步. 進說行為IQ 不可以改進呢? 他們是小孩子, 有很大的潛力, 教得法時, 他們真的可以俾要好多驚喜大家.
NOW 我個仔回家前已基本做晒功課, 回家後又很心急想快些溫書, 及做好網上功課, 他好明白一些成功都要靠努力得來, 更明白if 今天的事, 不今天做好, 今天教的東西不完全消化, 將來臨考來溫會很辛苦....  這就是資優的好處, 他可以好明白, so 只要道理通了, 很易教.

不過如何令他明白這道理, 就需要一些時間和技巧. 希望大家都唔好氣餒, 加油呀.  我已有小小甜頭嘗到了. 只要努力的, 我們的孩子真是很乖,很好的.
我係天天豬, 爸爸媽媽好愛我呀!

32#
發表於 09-2-12 10:38 |只看該作者
小袓,

I understood exactly how you feel, coz my son's case is similar to your son's.

He's 5 1/2 and goes to a private school with an advanced curriculum which is one grade level above that of the public schools in California.  However, I felt that the style of his school is very similar to the "stuffing duck" style in HK.  Every day when we got home, I have to beg him to do his homework.  He would rather read other books or playing instead.  It's hard to find a day that I'm not mad at him.

In here, it's not easy to find a well-established schools (no matter public or private ones) to let a kid completely skip grade although you can proof that s/he is highly gifted.  The schools usually said that that violates the "whole child" approach becoz they're not "emotionally" ready.  That's true for my son's case, becoz in fact he's really emotional and has bad EQ.

31#
發表於 09-1-26 01:10 |只看該作者
After reading this column really learnt so much! Can anyone share your experience whether we should let the school know the condition of our child? I didn't tell cos' I'm afraid the school will stigmatize her. As long as her teacher's not complaining, I'll prefer not tell them.

30#
發表於 09-1-21 17:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 Joy 於 09-1-8 16:50 發表
hi 各位,

我個仔語言IQ是145, 不過行為的IQ只有110, SO有很大差別, 專家說 因為語言與行為相差很大, 所以我的小朋友有 只出口, 不願出手的行為出現.....

自信方面, AH仔對有把握的事就十分自信. BUT, 有小小懷疑,  ...

JOY:COULD YOU PM YOUR SCHOOL NAME ? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
快樂的甜芋快樂的甜芋

29#
發表於 09-1-8 16:50 |只看該作者
hi 各位,

自信方面, AH仔對有把握的事就十分自信. BUT, 有小小懷疑, even佢有90%會對, 佢都逃避扮唔識......

有幸的, 我選的學校是正確的.  在幾個月的磨合後, 校方都很多鼓勵, push ah仔的行動.. 令我很感動..... I.Q.高, but 態度不好的人是不會成功的, 校方早我一步看到這點.

所以我現在已沒有當初那不開心了, 只是積極的配合學校. I.Q. 高, 真是一個很重的擔子. 因為我們千萬不要令孩子成為 I.Q. 高能力高, BUT 態度有偏差的人.  (好似陳水X, 希特勒.....)

所以各位有高I.Q. 孩子的MAMI, 我們一起加油啦. 能力高的人, 更不可以行差踏錯, 因為破壞力會比能力低, 態度又不好的人, 大好多好多....

係LE, 我離左題. 我CHECK I.Q. 的鄧博士是有在BK回答各位問題那位... 不過現在不知他是不是仍有....  他好好, 收費又比旺角果間平. (唔好話佢知, 佢收平左, 嘻嘻). 你們有疑問就去CHECK下啦, 他的意見, 可以分析到小朋友為什麼有什麼行為, 令我們找到教的方向.

而學校方面, 我的感覺是, 除了俾張證明校方看之外, 更要比其它家長付出多D.... 讓家校雙方了解更多, 才更好配合.
我係天天豬, 爸爸媽媽好愛我呀!

28#
發表於 08-12-9 19:21 |只看該作者

Superior 18 points at modelling puzzle -lego completition

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

27#
發表於 08-12-9 18:52 |只看該作者
我係呢方面冇深入研究
曾經睇過有關文章,只係依書直說
原帖由 叮鈴 於 08-12-9 15:50 發表

睇下乜野性格和智慧有幾高。(iq唔等於智慧)

智慧愈高,苦惱愈多也。

我朋友個資優小朋友iq接近150,好明顯佢完全係理科型人,邏輯性好強,好多野都要有根有據 ...

26#
發表於 08-12-9 15:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 EMMA88 於 08-12-8 13:45 發表
資優小朋友是否多數自信?? 有沒有自卑的??

我諗睇下佢本身潛能有沒有機會得以發揮,又或會不會受外界太多負面評價,被貶得一文不值,變成潛能未展的資優兒吧?

25#
發表於 08-12-9 15:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 wingogo 於 08-12-9 00:01 發表
我小朋友很自信又樂觀
我看過1遍文章, 話資優小朋友多數樂觀有自信

睇下乜野性格和智慧有幾高。(iq唔等於智慧)

智慧愈高,苦惱愈多也。

我朋友個資優小朋友iq接近150,好明顯佢完全係理科型人,邏輯性好強,好多野都要有根有據,人際關係好好,情緒穩定,樂觀,自信心強,但明顯沒有深度的智慧,也沒有來自天才的靈感、特殊氣質和敏感度。

以下純粹參考﹕節錄自叔本華<<愛與生的苦惱>>

植物的生存...
它們永無休止、永無滿足地努力著,
不斷地成長,最後結成種子,
又成為另一生命的起點,
如此週而復始的反覆著。
凡此種種,都是毫無目標,毫無最後滿足、毫無休止的進行著。
世界的每一角落,形形色色的自然有機物的形態,
都是根據這種努力而表現的;
相互競爭,各取所需-----因為它們所需的物質,只有從另一方奪取而得。

就這樣,
世界彷彿一個大戰場,到處可以看到拼死拼活的戰爭。