搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 Difference between G1, G2 G3
樓主: ChapmanMa
go

Difference between G1, G2 G3 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 08-10-31 08:48 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

The GS quiz is again postponed (learnt just now from the intranet).  I do not know the reason behind.  Heard some parents complain having this on the same day with vaccination.  Anyway, I am a bit upset - (1) very late notification from school and repeated postponement and (2) over-concern of some parents.  You know life is never perfect.  Our kids have to learn how to face with mutli-tasks.  They are 6+ years old.  Moreover, I do not think the vaccination would affect the kid's quiz performance.  If this is a valid factor, the school / subject teachers should consider well ahead.  The school cannot keep on entertaining the "noisy" parents as everyone can make himself or herself "noisy", including you and me.

I feel bored of repeating revision with my boy.  I prefer to make use of his time to do more value added tasks such as Reading Journal.

102#
發表於 08-10-31 09:51 |只看該作者
monkeydad,
我唔上bk,我都唔知又gs quiz又postpone左!
我都覺得太離譜,點解要就d家長?打針同測驗有咩關係?
我地大人都會一日面對幾樣重要事項,人生就係咁,點解要故意做一個溫室環境俾d細路?
上次DICT & GS 撞期,我也覺得問題不大,大家都用同樣的時間去準備,出來的結果也會很公平的!
其實我已沒有同個女溫gs啦!

103#
發表於 08-10-31 10:35 |只看該作者
Sara,

I am not 100% sure vaccination is the reason accounts for the postponement but  I heard some parents made complains.  This may be the most likely reason as I do not think the adminstration of the school / teachers is that messy.

If we look from a different angle, the school does care about the kids and parents.  I hope such accommodation is only for the transition period which should be ended with the start of the 2nd term.

104#
發表於 08-10-31 10:41 |只看該作者
Why the gs quiz need to postpone the 2nd time?!

Did the parents not know that the quiz have been postoned on this friday,

there is a story so called 'here comes the wolf' '狼來了',  should the teacher consider the other children that have been revising the gs quiz for two weeks,
moreover, all children have to face with the same situation / condition(even though my child and most of the classmates need to take the injection, i don't think that this case will infect our children's performence), our child has many other activities such as online readings and the ECA to take (besides homework), continuing postpone the quiz will increase the burden of both the child and  
parents. It also badly affects the school administrative reputation (for the postponemnet of the qs quiz twice, and not think throughout the variables before the change)

原帖由 sara 於 08-10-31 09:51 發表
monkeydad,
我唔上bk,我都唔知又gs quiz又postpone左!
我都覺得太離譜,點解要就d家長?打針同測驗有咩關係?
我地大人都會一日面對幾樣重要事項,人生就係咁,點解要故意做一個溫室環境俾d細路?
上次DICT & GS 撞期,我也 ...

[ 本帖最後由 francisyyw 於 08-10-31 13:04 編輯 ]

105#
發表於 08-10-31 10:59 |只看該作者
The point is we are informed in the last minute.  I have done to my kid twice for the GS quiz.  Now it is really 狼來了.  I have put my credibility at risk.

106#
發表於 08-10-31 15:19 |只看該作者
monkeydad

"The GS Quiz will be postponed to 7 Nov (Friday) due to All Saint's Day Activities."

The above message is copied fm SM's website.
I read the above message just now.

學校1星期前通知GS quiz 延至31/10時應已知 31/10有Saint's Day Activities, why informed us last night. 就算延期,延到3/11就可以, 為何一個小小quiz可拖3weeks? 拖到 Next GZ quiz 就好快又到了.

其實小朋友只6歲,對於他們Quiz or Exercise, 他們不會太緊張,緊張的是他們的家長, 我覺得最慘是我們,就為那小小Quiz,老要掛在心上

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-31 10:59 發表
The point is we are informed in the last minute.  I have done to my kid twice for the GS quiz.  Now it is really 狼來了.  I have put my credibility at risk.

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 08-11-1 18:35 編輯 ]

107#
發表於 08-11-3 19:19 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

發覺P1G3比我們P1G2忙好多, 他們要完成3篇 English Writing & 2nd Japanese Quiz (其它如, GS Quiz, English Reading Journal, 每日一篇與P1G2一樣)

P1G2 Spanish已學不少(i.e.Numbers, Colours, Months, Animals) 現仍未Quiz, 將來Quiz 就慘了, 一次過溫,一次過考, 不要說小朋友,我都記不了這樣多.

108#
發表於 08-11-3 20:08 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

How much English writing we had finished - is that only one - the 50 words Halloween story?  If we also counted the 30 words Halloween (using the spelling words) and the one re. my friend, we also finished 3.

I am too scared of the Spanish quiz as it is really difficult to do the revision.  What does the school expect for P1 level?

I would let my boy to try his best - not care what marks he gets.

109#
發表於 08-11-4 08:56 |只看該作者
我個女昨天french quiz!佢個範圍好細,只係number 1- 5 & classroom objects, 我無叫個女串字呀, 點知原來個quiz要考串字,所以我個女有好多字串唔到出來!

所以我諗個GS quiz 或者都要自己串字啦....我個女已經無心機再讀啦....

110#
發表於 08-11-4 10:03 |只看該作者
Oh, modern language 考串字 is really terrible.  I do not know how to pronounce accurately even.  I tried teaching my boy phonics for English dictation.  It would be quite confusing in spelling spanish.

I, personally, do not think spelling is required at this level - "beginner's beginning".  The objective should be back on making the kids able to speak and recognize instead of spell - from a practical perspective.  Questions like matching with the English words would be more helpful as far as the written test is concerned.  Spelling in fact makes little value.

111#
發表於 08-11-4 11:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 sara 於 08-11-4 08:56 發表
我個女昨天french quiz!佢個範圍好細,只係number 1- 5 & classroom objects, 我無叫個女串字呀, 點知原來個quiz要考串字,所以我個女有好多字串唔到出來!

所以我諗個GS quiz 或者都要自己串字啦....我個女已經無心機 ...

sara,

我地p2 評估gs, 問左老師都唔駛串字呀.
去年p1都唔駛串太多字. 但基本的眼耳口鼻就要識啦.

[ 本帖最後由 一家三口 於 08-11-4 11:49 編輯 ]
其實係一家四口子

醒目開學勳章

112#
發表於 08-11-4 13:18 |只看該作者
原帖由 一家三口 於 08-11-4 11:42 發表

sara,

我地p2 評估gs, 問左老師都唔駛串字呀.
去年p1都唔駛串太多字. 但基本的眼耳口鼻就要識啦.

填充有得選擇
有短答題. (要串字)

113#
發表於 08-11-4 13:35 |只看該作者
我個仔昨天都係 French Quiz。但佢無講點考,只講話識識地。我無再追問,唔想一開始就俾壓力佢,只希望培養佢對其他 languages 興趣。

我仔仔都有講話個 GS Quiz 再改期,因老師見到有好幾位學生因打完針後,出現頭暈或嘔吐跡象,為免個別學生身體壯況未適合,故再改期咁話。其實我仔仔都話佢打完針後,都覺得手臂好痛,同有少少頭暈。

唔打緊,大家再花時間 well prepare for GS quiz都係件好事。大家努力

WD40

原帖由 sara 於 08-11-4 08:56 發表

所以我諗個GS quiz 或者都要自己串字啦....我個女已經無心機 ...

114#
發表於 08-11-4 15:20 |只看該作者
其實我個女話要串字咋....我都唔知洗唔洗串....遲d派番個quiz回來,我先可以肯定話俾大家聽洗唔洗串字......

115#
發表於 08-11-5 14:45 |只看該作者
我的囡囡話rFrench Quiz - number 1-5 要串字,classroom objects 要 do matching

原帖由 sara 於 08-11-4 15:20 發表
其實我個女話要串字咋....我都唔知洗唔洗串....遲d派番個quiz回來,我先可以肯定話俾大家聽洗唔洗串字......

[ 本帖最後由 francisyyw 於 08-11-5 17:24 編輯 ]

116#
發表於 08-11-5 15:13 |只看該作者
Francisyyw,

Are you talking about French?   We did not learn classroom objects in Spanish but have learnt animals.

We have not been informed of the Spanish quiz so far.  Or, it has been done already...  Was this notified via intranet?

117#
發表於 08-11-5 17:23 |只看該作者
Yes, it means French quiz

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-5 15:13 發表
Francisyyw,

Are you talking about French?   We did not learn classroom objects in Spanish but have learnt animals.

We have not been informed of the Spanish quiz so far.  Or, it has been done already ...

118#
發表於 08-11-6 08:26 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

My boy is quite relunctant to go through the GS revision.  He might think he knew already but I am afraid he may forget.

It seems that G2 has completed the Spanish course (no more lesson next week and after that would start the Japanes / French).  Have you heard of any quiz - G1 and G3 had quizs on French and Japanese already.

Have you started the English journal?  It is not that easy - with specific questions to address.  

We have read 22 Chinese books and still have 18 to go till end of the month.

I have given up PTH online - no time la.

119#
發表於 08-11-6 09:05 |只看該作者
我仔仔昨天俾份 French Quiz result 我簽名…哈, ok la。但都有少少大意寫錯字,被扣分!

我仔仔成日都好鬼大意。有時又寫字寫得唔清楚,搞到無端端被扣 1/2 - 1 分。  雖然分數唔太重要,但眼見佢成日係d 唔小心同大意處被扣分,都覺有少許不值!再講,佢繼續咁落去,到高年班,要應付一連串校內及校外試時,真替佢擔心!!

想請教各位有咩方法改善佢呢方面ge 問題?煩請賜教!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-6 08:26 發表
HKQQbaby,

My boy is quite relunctant to go through the GS revision.  He might think he knew already but I am afraid he may forget.

It seems that G2 has completed the Spanish course (no more lesson n ...

120#
發表於 08-11-6 15:20 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

GS quiz拖太久了,我已厭倦(本星期已無再溫) 打算今晚粗略幫他們看看. 盡力吧!
我見baby的Spanish textbook已由老師批改後發還, 可能當作Spanish的功課記錄,我估計不用再Quiz了.

English reading journal 已完成一篇, Chinese reading已完成26篇(Chinese reading已分派給我Husb.負責),我每天幫他們完成PC On line exercise已很忙了.Next friday 2nd Maths Quiz,過後差不多又到English dictation,......每週都有revision job, 我發覺我的工作像他們的經理人(他們還小,仍未能自己安排時間溫書).

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-6 08:26 發表
HKQQbaby,

It seems that G2 has completed the Spanish course (no more lesson n ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題