教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 Difference between G1, G2 G3
發新帖
查看: 10373|回覆: 14
go

Difference between G1, G2 G3 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-18 22:07 |顯示全部帖子
Hi G-Ma,

Do u remember me?  I want to know if any students from upper primary have participated the Cambridge Eng. Test?  If so, do u know the results??  I just want to know the Engl. standard (from public exam.) of SMC students.

If u know, pls share w/ me.

Th x

2#
發表於 08-9-18 23:08 |顯示全部帖子
yeah..I also got similar information as your.

No matter which group yr kids are now studying, smc should provide suitable teaching progress to enhance/ improve students' standards.

So, don't mind on which group yr kids are allocated in, but try to pay much attention to them coz they're all just 6 yrs old and need us to guide & encourage them.

大家努力   

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-18 16:15 發表
我問過學校 1, 1st term 跟據1年前(K3學生)該批學生面試表現,按程度高低分 G1, G2 G3
因當時學生還小,一年後可能程度有轉變, 故2nd term可能按現時程度再重組Group
按理應G1 學的會快些,或多些課外題,但因剛開學,我 ...

3#
發表於 08-9-24 22:36 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks G-Ma.   Shall there any course for P.1 students to learn Cambridge Eng?  I have not recieved any notice/circulate in relation to this subject!!  Or it may provide for P.2 onwards???

Wa...yr daughter is so brilliant!!!

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-19 23:11 發表
hi wd40,

今年學校講話所有小朋友都要考 cambridge, 之前就係有興趣先考, 所以我唔清楚高年班小朋友考成點, 不過我認識有考過既同學仔, 佢地d分數都好高.  我亦試過係小二比左d cambridge paper囡囡試, 佢覺得好淺. ...

4#
發表於 08-10-1 15:52 |顯示全部帖子
係呀!我0岩 0岩都同阿仔溫習 dictation。聽佢講話要默晒果20個生字。

我都想clarify Math Quiz 範圍是否 ch 1 - ch 10?

其實好多人話smc唔谷,但我覺得都開始谷谷地!所以大家努力呀!

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-26 20:19 發表
Monkeydad

你仔仔今天是否有小小受傷(My girl said) 會否影響下週一出賽? 保重.

6th Oct  又有 English dictation (20 words.)
10th Oct 有 Maths Quiz

下週假期我可要好好與仔女溫書.

5#
發表於 08-10-1 20:49 |顯示全部帖子
TQ.

Hey, should you know if any photos of sport day will be uploaded in the intranet for parents to view and to download?   

As per my boy said, students of p.1 rather enjoyed the sport day wor~

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-1 19:57 發表
WD40,

Yes the Maths quiz is from Ch 1 to Ch 10 - per what my boy had written down and info from intranet.

6#
發表於 08-11-4 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
我個仔昨天都係 French Quiz。但佢無講點考,只講話識識地。我無再追問,唔想一開始就俾壓力佢,只希望培養佢對其他 languages 興趣。

我仔仔都有講話個 GS Quiz 再改期,因老師見到有好幾位學生因打完針後,出現頭暈或嘔吐跡象,為免個別學生身體壯況未適合,故再改期咁話。其實我仔仔都話佢打完針後,都覺得手臂好痛,同有少少頭暈。

唔打緊,大家再花時間 well prepare for GS quiz都係件好事。大家努力

WD40

原帖由 sara 於 08-11-4 08:56 發表
我個女昨天french quiz!佢個範圍好細,只係number 1- 5 & classroom objects, 我無叫個女串字呀, 點知原來個quiz要考串字,所以我個女有好多字串唔到出來!

所以我諗個GS quiz 或者都要自己串字啦....我個女已經無心機 ...

7#
發表於 08-11-6 09:05 |顯示全部帖子
我仔仔昨天俾份 French Quiz result 我簽名…哈, ok la。但都有少少大意寫錯字,被扣分!

我仔仔成日都好鬼大意。有時又寫字寫得唔清楚,搞到無端端被扣 1/2 - 1 分。  雖然分數唔太重要,但眼見佢成日係d 唔小心同大意處被扣分,都覺有少許不值!再講,佢繼續咁落去,到高年班,要應付一連串校內及校外試時,真替佢擔心!!

想請教各位有咩方法改善佢呢方面ge 問題?煩請賜教!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-6 08:26 發表
HKQQbaby,

My boy is quite relunctant to go through the GS revision.  He might think he knew already but I am afraid he may forget.

It seems that G2 has completed the Spanish course (no more lesson n ...

8#
發表於 08-11-6 21:51 |顯示全部帖子
其實讀SMC真係— d 都唔容易,都唔明點解外間仍然有人評價得差同咁淺!  當然相比其他 super band 1 schools, 仍有距離。但 keep 住讀上去,我都好有信心囉。當然, 家長、學生同學校都要付出。其實我地放工回家,再同佢地跟功課、dictations、quiz…都筋疲力盡!!!   

無法啦,全香港讀書 ge遊戲規則都係咁。如果學校無咁多野做,到時我地咪又擔心追唔上其他學校!

唉,都係果句:大家努力啦

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-11-6 15:20 發表
Monkeydad

GS quiz拖太久了,我已厭倦(本星期已無再溫) 打算今晚粗略幫他們看看. 盡力吧!
我見baby的Spanish textbook已由老師批改後發還, 可能當作Spanish的功課記錄,我估計不用再Quiz了.

English reading journal ...

9#
發表於 08-11-12 13:29 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Sara,

你都講得 0岩,大部份細佬仔都係咁,更何況佢地只係得個6歲幾人仔。

其實佢地放學返到居企肯自律地自己做晒功課同上綱做每日一篇,都算係咁。我地放左工,都係同佢check 下功課,read下books,溫習下,都算幾好。

P.1 真係唔算多野做,但好明顯佢地係各方面都有進步,尤其languages。我仔仔竟然寫得出一整版English 關於之前係學校舉辦 ge Halloween party,雖然有 grammatical errors 同有一兩個生字串錯,但都算係咁,起碼佢肯自己寫,自己作,仲要一整個page 喎,我都覺得SMC 真係教得幾好囉。

So far 都 proved 我地當初選擇無錯 (唔係 advertising, 係真心體會同見證)。我相信好多家長都認同我此睇法, right?

黎梗14日又有Math quiz,希望大家ge 仔仔女女能夠小心d,唔好再衰係d 大意或唔小心度啦

WD40

原帖由 sara 於 08-11-7 09:56 發表
wd40,
我個女個french quiz都係大意錯左少少,抄都抄錯, 都ok啦....佢數學都成日數錯,不過有時我都數錯, 尤其d prism & pynamid.......不過我發覺無細路係唔大意既....暫時都未聽過....如果有既都未必好好,或者個細路 ...

10#
發表於 08-11-14 21:44 |顯示全部帖子
So surprised that the questions of GS are rather difficult, especially for P.1 students.  Agreed that for those with high proficiency in Eng surely got higher score.

Again, the standard and requirement of SMC is rather high.

By the way, I also want to know if the group re-arrangment for 2nd term will base on those quizes' marks?   If so, what's standard and requirement for G1, G2 & G3.

Pls share w/ us if any body know the standard of the groups.  Thanks a lot!  

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-14 19:33 發表
Only 9 students > 60 marks???

My boy told me your girl got 80 marks.  I knew another two boys got 77 marks and 80 marks.  The highest in the class is 80+.

My boy got 62 marks and I was a bit worried ...

11#
發表於 08-11-20 13:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Hi Sara,

My son told me that the highest mark in G1 is only 98 but there're so many people got over 80 wor~  I'm not sure if such info is true or not..heee...just share with you.

Moreover, they also the 2nd Math Quiz result.   However, I found one question, in Part D...I forgot the Q number, but it seems so confusion.. do you have any idea about it?  My son told me that he knows 2-3 schoolmates also got 100 marks in G1.

Tomorrow will have 2nd GS Quiz.  Wish the questions is not difficult as 1st one la~~~

原帖由 sara 於 08-11-18 09:47 發表
我個女同我講話P1G1有幾個人拿100分(唔知係唔係),不過大部分都係70-80左右! 我問佢老師有無讀卷俾佢地聽,佢又答唔出,不過d字真係好深 e.g. harmful to the body,我個女就唔識harmful....份卷有d common sense,所以英 ...

12#
發表於 08-11-20 20:50 |顯示全部帖子
Monkeydad,

No.  It's something asking abt "thicker / thinner" but the prism looks alike "taller or shorter".  So, we feel such Q is rather confusing and not clear.

Anyway, it's good training for students to read Q in all Eng.

So worry abt tmr 's GS quiz!!!  Last time, all Q were rather difficult to P.1 students.

大家加油!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-20 16:58 發表
WD40,

Is that the one that - the cup is in front of / behind the book?  Both answer should  be correct depending on where you look at the objects.

13#
發表於 08-11-20 21:21 |顯示全部帖子
It means SMC accepted yr kid?  Welcome..Welcome...Congratulations

So far, it showed me that the requirment for students' Eng standard is rather high.  All questions in quiz are Eng and students need to read it all by themselves and write the answers.  Teachers would read through all questions AFTER quiz, as I known.

The Eng syllabus which is tailor-made by the NETs of SMC is so different to the syllabus of other schools.  It is arranged by TOPICS.  Stuents are encouraged to WRITE freely by using words / vocabularies that they learnt & known.   

Like my son, he can write essay in Eng for a whole page about Halloween Party, My Best Friend...etc.  Of course, there're still some wrong spelling and some grammatical errors, but it's OK.  At least, he's so willing to WRITE in Eng, SPEAK in Eng especialy at school and READ Eng story books.

As per my findings, SMC quite focus on developing students' languages, like Eng, Putonghua and French or other modern languages.  

All in all, my son is so enjoying the school life of SMC and willing to learn, to ask.  But he's 好大意同唔小心睇題目。  有時都俾佢激死!

Wish your kid will enjoy the school life of SMC la~

原帖由 mgwong 於 08-11-20 13:38 發表
Hi WD40,
My son will study at SMC 2009/10 P.1,
Would u mind to let me know the standard of the school? is it too hard /easy? thanks.

14#
發表於 08-11-24 13:27 |顯示全部帖子
hi sara,

我仔仔同你女女,都差不多…哈哈哈

你係邊處得知你抽籤不成功?我只知之前有 notice 叫我地交錢同簽回條以作確認,但收唔到通知話無得去。點算,本周日就係 PTA 旅行。我仔仔仲好期待添!

本周未期,溫度將降至 14度左右,但學校件風褸甚至件校褸都唔保暖。 有無家長可給予意見,如氣溫太寒冷,可否替小朋友在外加添厚褸?

15#
發表於 08-11-24 21:47 |顯示全部帖子
dear sara,

唔該晒。  唔好失望。下次一定抽到你地~~ yeah~~~

一家三口,
Thanks for your information.  如果周四或周五氣溫只有14度,但又唔低過14度,咁樣係咪可以被仔仔著down? 我唔想凍親佢,尤其晨早返學時。

校方應該考慮改冬季校褸變成 " 2 in 1" 大褸,即外面係件質地較厚 ge 風褸,入面係件 "抓毛" 外套。天氣寒冷時,可以一齊著;無咁冷時,可分開著。我見有好多學校用此 design 作冬季校褸,既實用,又耐寒。

SMC so far 樣樣都幾好,唯獨冬季校褸同套 sport suit 稍為單薄,唔夠御寒保溫囉!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖