教育王國 討論區 聖保羅書院小學 2nd Interview
發新帖
查看: 5704|回覆: 2
go

2nd Interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-14 17:30 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all SPCPS's parents,
I just received the accpetance letter today. In fact, SPCPS is on top of my list. So I'm very happy that my son is offered a place. However, RC also offers a place for my boy.
I want to know more about SPCPS before I make the decision.
While RC is an English primary school and SPCPS is a chinese one, does it mean that RC's English standard is better than SPCPS?
Besides, I read from the threads that SPCPS is quite demanding...
Does it mean that kids will find it very difficuly to cope with the progress in P.1?
According to the teachers observation, my boy can sit properly and concentrate in class. His dictation is considered quite good. Is SPCPS suitable for him? Of course, I know it's a bit silly to ask others who don't know my boy to give comments but I really want to know more about the school before I make the decision for my boy.

Andrewpapa,
I read from other threads and learnt that my son is in the same kindergarten as your boy. So your opinion is quite useful to me as our kids are from the same kindergarten.
Welcome all comments and thanks in advance!

2#
發表於 08-11-15 01:31 |顯示全部帖子
Dear HuiTung,
Many thanks for your comments!
In fact, one thing for sure is I can feel that all parents of SPCPS do love the school and share the vision of the school. I think it's really encouraging for me to see there are so many good SPCPS parents who are devoted! Though I still have not made up my mind, I really appreciate it very much!

原帖由 HuiTung 於 08-11-15 00:34 發表
While RC is an English primary school and SPCPS is a chinese one, does it mean that RC's English standard is better than SPCPS? - I don't know the English standard of RC.  But using Chinese (in the lo ...

3#
發表於 08-11-15 10:12 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Andrewpapa,
Many thanks for your detailed evaluation!
PTH is also my concern, too...
Before I receive the acceptance letter of St Paul, I decided to send my boy to the PTH class in order to prepare for P.1 at RC. My son's PTH is not good. I'm afraid he cannot follow what the teachers said if Chinese is taught in PTH.
As for English standard, I'm sure the English standard is good in St Paul since I have seen some of the papers/ worksheets of St Paul. It's not easy! But it seems to me that it focuses more on grammar than usage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Of course, you're right that it's only an entry ticket and no gurantee of success. Even my boy is in the best school, unless he works hard, he may not succeed in the future.
Funny enough, my son's school bus driver called me last night. He asked me which primary school my son will go to next year. I told him both RC and St Paul accept him. Even though he also provides service to RC students, he immediately said go to register St Paul la...As a school bus driver, he may know the quality of the students of diffferent schools by many years of observation? Is it a clue for me, too?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題