搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 愛與痛的邊緣
發新帖
查看: 1785|回覆: 0
go

愛與痛的邊緣 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-20 13:13 |顯示全部帖子
Absolutely agree with you.  My son is now in p1. I shared similar experience with you and I even had a lot of fights with my son when I asked him to do the rehearsals for interviews.  And he was very betrayal and incooperative in the first few interviews.  Later on, I decided to let it go and let him relaxed. The results turned out to be better and began to receive acceptance letters, though not from my first choice.  

In June, we tried again one DSS which held a open to public 2nd round (even those failed in the first round could apply).  It was even tougher and it got 2 stages to go thru.  Unexpectedly he was accepted.  Right after I paid the school fee, another school of my first choice (which put him on the waiting list since last Dec) called and I chose this one as the final.

I just want to share with you that things will get better and better when you don't put pressure.  And like many BK parents said there are a lot of chances in Jun-Aug since many people like to hold several places till the last minute.  And in fact it is more or less the same group of kids to fight for the same number of school places. No matter there are 1000 or 2000 kids to submit the application for each school, a major portion of them are duplicated.

It is a painful and stressful process which we have to and will go thru.  But don't worry, trust your kids. They can make it.  

原帖由 mother904 於 08-10-20 12:28 發表
我替女兒報了十間直資及私小,開頭我非常緊張,當收到第一封信告知不被取錄時,我憤怒得連信也撕掉...

後來去得越多interview,我的心情相對地放鬆了。有一次去interview時,老師叫小朋友在禮堂排隊等候面見,女兒去了排隊,我不 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題