用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 陳守仁小學 comments N advises 家長報到!
樓主: flostangraphy
go

陳守仁小學 comments N advises 家長報到! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-5-15 09:54 |顯示全部帖子
hi principal,
nice to hear from you as well.
we will go visit french families this summer only.
with 2 kids who have age more than 2... we can't really offer many trips to france every year...
time flies, it already final exams ...  and then the end of school year!
i missed so much the school life!!!!
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

62#
發表於 09-5-15 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

63#
發表於 09-5-17 13:01 |顯示全部帖子
for whom who may interested.
there is the link for the free event of french may:
http://www.frenchmay.com/posts/list-free-event

:idea:
    -Steve Jobs-

64#
發表於 09-5-19 14:35 |顯示全部帖子
I find the exhibition of Karen Joubert-Cordier in art center was fantastic for children with vivid color and alive composition!
unfortunately it's already over since 7th may...

i'm quite sure the World Expo 2010 Shanghai China – French Pavilion in cultural center will be worth to have a look as well.

at last, i advise every good husband should bring their wife to visit the museum of art for the "
Louis Vuitton : A Passion for Creation". the ticket for entry is only $30... however the consequence may cost you more!!!

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-5-19 14:37 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

65#
發表於 09-5-29 14:38 |顯示全部帖子
just went to the Moriarty - Folk N' Blues concert with my wife passed Wednesday night at City Hall.
it's a frenco-american band, however, they only sing one song in french at that night.
:loveliness:
    -Steve Jobs-

66#
發表於 09-5-30 18:57 |顯示全部帖子

DIVAN DU MONDE

yes it is principal!!
they are all very impressive musicians!!!

原帖由 principal 於 29/5/2009 15:01 發表
flostangraphy,

Is this the band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h ... rom=PL&index=78

This is also an English song.

-Steve Jobs-

67#
發表於 09-6-10 11:28 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all parents,
A new dvd arrived home and would like to share with you.
"Les choristes" french movie, 2004
Director: Christophe Barratier

story inspired from an old old french film "La Cage aux rossignols".

http://www.geocities.com/stuartfernie/choristes.htm

here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anh7Enari2U
    -Steve Jobs-

68#
發表於 09-6-10 20:02 |顯示全部帖子
i have absolutely no idea who is Stuart Fernie... however, it's quite right what he wrote about the film.
the movie was actually recommended by my mother in law. both me and my wife like very much Gerard Jugnot anyway.
we have otherwise some other films with him which are very interesting as well.
i will share with you all later.

the dvd we have was purchased in france... so it's more likely only have french subtitle...
however, i think it does have dvd with english subtitle under the name "The Chorus (Les choristes)"
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thechorus.html

hope this help!

原帖由 principal 於 10/6/2009 13:29 發表
flostangraphy,

This seems to be a very inspiring film.
Are there any English subtitles in the film?
If we do not have a high level of proficiency in French, I am afraid that we may not be able to und ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-6-10 20:03 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

69#
發表於 09-7-8 13:57 |顯示全部帖子

Fête nationale française

know more about "le quatorze juillet"

<<Bastille Day is the French national holiday, celebrated on 14 July each year. In France, it is called Fête Nationale ("National Celebration") in official parlance, or more commonly le quatorze juillet ("14 July"). It commemorates the 1790 Fête de la Fédération, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on 14 July 1789; the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille fortress-prison was seen as a symbol of the uprising of the modern nation, and of the reconciliation of all the French inside the constitutional monarchy which preceded the First Republic, during the French Revolution.>>
    -Steve Jobs-

70#
發表於 09-7-9 13:18 |顯示全部帖子
dear principal,
ha ha ha!! every 14th july is a special day in our family!! our eld son being a little french boy, he was actually born on the french national day as well.
he has firework for his b-day the every year if we were in france ...
that's why we are quite busy preparing these days as well....

原帖由 principal 於 8/7/2009 14:27 發表
flostangraphy,

Any special celebration for yourself and your family on that day this year??

Have a day off and a "grand French dinner" with nice French wine and cheese, plus some snails and goose li ...
    -Steve Jobs-

71#
發表於 09-7-9 14:32 |顯示全部帖子
    -Steve Jobs-

72#
發表於 09-7-9 20:15 |顯示全部帖子
dear principal,
you have already sum up the situation and pointed out exactly what i'm thinking!!
there are many pros and cons.
we will observe more closely our son in order to figure out what suite better...

let's try to get him into the school 1st!

原帖由 principal 於 9/7/2009 18:34 發表
flostangraphy,

Before submitting your application, one thing you need to consider very thoroughly is whether you want to file the application under the French stream or the Chinese stream?
I presume  ...
    -Steve Jobs-

73#
發表於 09-7-11 10:28 |顯示全部帖子
that is something i have to check absolutely!!

原帖由 principal 於 9/7/2009 20:30 發表
flostangraphy,

But I cannot recall whether you nned to choose either French stream or Chinese stream at the time when you submit the application or not?

May be you need to double check this point wi ...
    -Steve Jobs-

74#
發表於 09-7-15 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
  merci beaucoup labelle!!!

原帖由 labelle 於 13/7/2009 23:42 發表
Les Choristes 好啱高小-初中生睇, French with English subtitles youtube 有
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=879D2B61497487B8
part 1 to part 10 = 成套 film 架啦

-Steve Jobs-

75#
發表於 09-7-15 10:23 |顯示全部帖子
dear principal,
we made the Piñata party on Sunday actually!
we were very lucky that the weather was really good!! hot and sunny!! the children were very happy. we have put candy and water guns inside the Piñata...   
everyone has had a great time!!!

原帖由 principal 於 15/7/2009 10:07 發表
flostangraphy,

How was the celebration yesterday??

Any "grand French dinner" last night??

Any French snails and goose liver as appetizer??

Did you cook any fish for the main course??

-Steve Jobs-

76#
發表於 09-7-15 10:30 |顯示全部帖子
every year the french consulate organize a gathering for 14th july and invites hong kong french community to join.
we used to join them before. somehow, these years we don't go anymore after we have kids...
i crossed some well dressed french young people in tst who are going to the gathering last night on my way home.
not sure if they will let me in as i was not dressed up anyway..

原帖由 principal 於 15/7/2009 10:07 發表
flostangraphy,

How was the celebration yesterday??

Any "grand French dinner" last night??

Any French snails and goose liver as appetizer??

Did you cook any fish for the main course??

-Steve Jobs-

77#
發表於 09-7-15 12:25 |顯示全部帖子
yeah, it may be right, i have found some other source about the origin of pinata as well:
"There are many hypotheses regarding the origins of piñatas and few reliable sources to confirm or dismiss them. Some believe that piñatas came from Italy after Marco Polo discovered them in China and brought them to Italy on one of his excursions. Others believe that piñatas can be traced to Africa well before it appeared in China. Most people believe that the pinata originated in Spain. However, there is no evidence that the olla or piñata existed in Spain prior to the conquest of Mexico, nor did the piñata appear anywhere else in Spain's Latin America colonies until some time later.

In the Mexican Catholic celebration of Christmas, the piñata is traditionally shaped like a seven-pointed star which represents the devil and the seven deadly sins, while the contents are the goods or blessings he is withholding. Striking the devil with faith, symbolized by being blindfolded, releases the blessings. Piñatas are also used at Fiestas."

we have made one by ourselves which was around 80cm diameter... it was fun to made it... although my wife spent 3 days to finished it!! great job to my wife!!!

原帖由 principal 於 15/7/2009 11:23 發表
flostangraphy,

Not knowing earlier that there is “Pinatas Party”.

Actually, there is a website for it.

http://www.pinatasparty.com/?page_id=28

The origin of the Pinata is Chinese not Hispanic.  ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-7-15 13:03 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

78#
發表於 09-7-18 10:02 |顯示全部帖子
yeah!! you see?!?! my wife was a bit ambitious this time. the overall diameter of the pinata was around 80cm....
i have showed a bit more in our blog.

原帖由 principal 於 17/7/2009 20:14 發表
flostangraphy,

Is that a Pinata (orange & blue one) in the new photo you uploaded here??

Quite large!!  

-Steve Jobs-

79#
發表於 09-7-20 11:16 |顯示全部帖子
sharing is a pleasant thing to do!!
just wonder we have never done enough.

原帖由 principal 於 18/7/2009 10:59 發表
flostangraphy,

80cm diameter!!!  :good: :good:

No wonder the size of the Pinata seems to be even bigger than the size of your 2 sons!! :lol :lol

But Pinata seems to be not so popular in HK as t ...
    -Steve Jobs-

80#
發表於 09-7-20 11:17 |顯示全部帖子

LES PARISIENS

LES PARISIENS人間定格攝影展
義賣籌款助病友家居洗腎

著名攝影大師布列松(Henri Cartier-Bresson)在紀實攝影的領域中幾乎無人不識,他曾用輕巧、簡單、直接的Leica相機,近距地捕捉到巴黎人的生活上情流露的一刻。香港攝影師伍振榮追隨布列松的拍攝蹤跡,在巴黎大街小巷穿插人群當中作直觀式拍攝,捕捉現代巴黎人的生活瞬間,直攝人世間的真實。他認為要學懂關注社會,才可拍出好的相片,同樣亦可以藉著攝影來關心社會。
由「MAG都市視藝空間」主辦,Leica徠卡相機贊助的「LES PARISIENS: Leica M8.2人間定格‧伍振榮作品展」展出的每一張作品都反映出拍攝者對人們生活的細膩觀察。展出的全部作品將作義賣,所得善款,不扣除任何開支,全數撥捐香港腎臟基金會。
於七月十一日至廿四日舉行的「LES PARISIENS:Leica M8.2人間定格‧伍振榮作品展」,同時會舉行相片義賣,所得善款,不扣除任何開支,全數撥捐香港腎臟基金會指定新的服務項目──家居血液透析,為有需要的病友提供家居洗血服務,讓他們重投工作,改善個人、家人的生活質素,亦減輕醫療負擔。

LES PARISIENS:人間定格‧伍振榮作品展

展覽

展期:二○○九年七月十一日至二十四日下午一時至七時
    地點: MAG都市視藝空間
    地址:九龍石硤尾白田街30號賽馬會創意藝術中心L8-07室

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-7-20 11:18 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題