教育王國

標題: 蘇浙國際班 [打印本頁]

作者: Tim318Joce117    時間: 08-11-6 23:23     標題: 蘇浙國際班

Anyone can give me some ideas about 蘇浙國際班(Kindergarten & Primary section).  Thanks in advance.
作者: hellovicky    時間: 08-11-8 15:56

我個小朋友讀緊P1, 你大約想知咩? 睇吓幫唔幫倒你.
作者: Mickey2006    時間: 08-11-8 19:38

原帖由 hellovicky 於 08-11-8 15:56 發表

你好!  我也想知呀!! 可否告知你小朋友上堂的情況怎樣?? 如課程, 師資等...同時你小朋友是否從幼稚園升上P1 呢??  幼稚園部又怎樣??
作者: Tim318Joce117    時間: 08-11-10 00:39

Thanks in advance.

Can you give some ideas on the below aspects?

Thank you so much.

原帖由 hellovicky 於 08-11-8 15:56 發表

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-11-10 13:54

My daughter is currently in KCIS Reception class & KCS K2 class.

Referring to your questions, here are my PERSONAL views:

作者: hellovicky    時間: 08-11-10 16:15

我個囡囡係由Kindergarten一直讀到而加P.1, P.1一班最多24人, 全日用英文, 另每日都有45mins國語堂及每星期一堂國語音樂堂, 國語堂會分小組教, 唔會24個小朋友一齊上.

一星期寫1-2個中文單字, 雖然寫字唔多, 但會識講好多中文字, 因平日會多唱歌同讀一些簡短句子. 英文功課會每個Fri帶返屋企做, 每次4-5pages.

Mon and Wed係課外活動, 除了Football and Science Workshop要比錢之外, 全部由學校先生教返就免費.

除學費外, 無收其他雜費.

小朋友係學校學左咩就睇返每星期派返的worksheets.
作者: 珍珠小姐    時間: 08-11-12 22:27     標題: Any school bus for Tseung Kwan O

I live in Tseung Kwan O but like KCS very much.
My daughter will have interview on 6.12.2008 for K1.
I wonder any KCS school bus or other kind of student van will travel from TKO to KCS.
Do you know any schoolmates living in TKO and how's the transportation ?
作者: yeung2212    時間: 08-11-12 22:37

原帖由 珍珠小姐 於 08-11-12 22:27 發表
I live in Tseung Kwan O but like KCS very much.
My daughter will have interview on 6.12.2008 for K1.
I wonder any KCS school bus or other kind of student van will travel from TKO to KCS.
Do you know a ...

I know that a private school bus will run from

Tseung Kwan O to KCS & KCIS.

You can contact Mrs. Shu.

Her mobile is 92393940
作者: bbtigger    時間: 08-11-22 20:27

Dear 珍珠小姐, have you already got the notification of interview?  When did you get that?  My son has also applied for K1 but still hasn't got any notification of interview ...

Is there any mommy know about their schedule?
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-11-27 14:52

There is no interview for K1 (KCIS). This is on a first come first served basis.  According to last year's experience, I received phone call from school office in late Jan and paid the registration deposit in early Feb.

[ 本帖最後由 琬晴B 於 08-11-27 14:54 編輯 ]
作者: JarJarBin    時間: 08-11-28 13:18

Dear All

Any one has the information about the academic result of it's primary and secondary school?  You know, not all international schools are good just like local school.  But no many people talk about KCIS secondary school resutl.  It is really hard to evaluate.

JarJar
作者: CreamBlue    時間: 08-12-4 01:04

琬晴B/hellovicky,

我正在考慮KCIS, 所以想認識多d間學校.

1. 想問問你地係kindergarten個daily schedule如何, 即每日有幾多時間主題教學, 唱歌, snack time係幾點呀?

2. 係Reception class時, 是否已開始教用筆寫字?

3. 你地小朋友平日同你地會用中文定英文溝通? 佢地會唔會比較鍾意英交?

4. 琬晴B, 你個小朋友同時讀KCIS及KCS, 食飯同瞓覺掂安排?

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-11-10 13:54 發表

Chinese & English standard --> Mandarin & English are up to standard. Curr ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-12-5 14:11

Hi Creamblue,

答:以我所知,KCIS Reception Class每日有2小時全英文及1小時全普通話時間.關於主題教學,他們最近正為聖誕表演"Born in Bethlehem"進行綵排,我開始聽見女兒"唸唸有詞",她說自己會扮演"Shepherd".

2. 係Reception class時, 是否已開始教用筆寫字?
答:是,我昨天剛收到"線條練習",應該是校內作業.另外,每星期要寫一頁"中文字",例如:人,山,水....

3. 你地小朋友平日同你地會用中文定英文溝通? 佢地會唔會比較鍾意英交?
答:我女兒經常"轉台",英語/普通話/廣東話都有.只要她不是中英夾雜(同一句子內),我就沒所謂,否則我會糾正她.

4. 琬晴B, 你個小朋友同時讀KCIS及KCS, 食飯同瞓覺掂安排?
答:去年,我女兒讀K1+KG班時,蘇浙會安排她在另一個課室吃飯及午睡,午睡完畢再帶她去上課.但今年升了班(K2+Reception)就沒有"午睡"這個環節,聽說K1好像還有,詳情最好直接問蘇浙.(註:學校沒有廚房,午飯要向"原美"訂購.)   
作者: CreamBlue    時間: 08-12-9 23:10

Thanks for your sharing.  I have just had a school visit this afternoon.

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-5 14:11 發表
Hi Creamblue,

答:以我所知,KCIS Reception Class每日有2小時全英文及1小時全普通話時間.關於主題教學,他 ...

作者: somemore!    時間: 08-12-11 22:55

琬晴B,

請問想申請o係學校食午飯既位, 你係聯絡邊位? 你當時係點樣申請? 事緣我仔讀緊上午普通話班&最近我報埋下午國際班, 我要申請中午o係學校食飯(我仔無午睡習慣), 我多次打電話到學校留低資料, 都未有負責人覆我(我懷疑負責人都係要上堂既老師所以唔得閒 ), 上星期去開學校親自問, 有個老師叫我寫信申請waitlist, 咁我今日叫班主任幫忙將封信交俾負責人, 但班主任表示唔清楚邊位, 但會幫我交到辦公室, 但我仔放學返黎封信仲o係度! 我再打電話去學校留低資料, 仲係無人覆我! 我應該點做呢? 謝謝幫忙!

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-5 14:11 發表
Hi Creamblue,

答:以我所知,KCIS Reception Class每日有2小時全英文及1小時全普通話時間.關於主題教學,他 ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-12-12 14:14

Hi somemore!,

我沒有特別申請食午飯既位.記得當時報讀KCIS時,我向KCIS的行政部詢問有關情況,她們問我報讀KCS的上午或下午班,我說已報讀KCS下午班,所以希望能編往KCIS上午班.

其後KCIS亦有問我囡囡被編往KCS的哪個班別,以便協調.

你可以嘗試聯絡幼稚園部(電話:2570 4173),或者直接去KCS幼稚園行政部(不是幼兒園行政部)查詢.

以我所見,蘇浙幼稚園的行政/教學是獨立的.我試過問老師一些行政問題,她是不知道的,所以最好直接問行政部.

我日日都會湊我囡囡返學,如有需要,可以幫你問下.:D :D :D
作者: somemore!    時間: 08-12-12 22:39

琬睛B,
今日下午終於有個女仔打電話覆我啦 , 佢話會收到封信後幫我排waiting, 原來搵個位食飯都咁難! 如果學校有飯堂就好啦, 因為其實我地自己會拎飯去學校!
原來以前係唔洗特別申請架, 可能而家轉左做法啦又或者係太多人申請, Thanks

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-12 14:14 發表
Hi somemore!,

我沒有特別申請食午飯既位.記得當時報讀KCIS時,我向KCIS的行政部詢問有關情況,她們問我報讀KCS的上午或下午班,我說已報讀KCS下午班,所以希望能編往KCIS上午班.

其後KCIS亦有問我囡囡被編往KCS的哪個 ...

作者: liyinfai    時間: 08-12-15 13:54

Dear all,
I want to apply for primary one in Kiangsu & Chekiang primary school International section for my kid. Here with some questions I want to ask:
1/ I know that in the secondary school the international section needs to share the same campus with local section. However, I have heard that the discipline of local secondary section is very bad (eg, smoker in school, triad society). I want to know actually the discipline of international section students, are they good or bad?
2/ The academic performance of international section. Is it good? Since it follows UK curriculum, is the results good? How about IB?
3/ What is the learning atmosphere of primary international section? is it like IB style or local school style?

Thanks a lot.
作者: wlmom    時間: 08-12-15 16:17

my friend's son and daughter also study in this primary school and she told me that they are very free.  no homework (besides Chinese) and no tests which they can prepare for.  they only have assessments at schoo.l the parent feel very relaxed and the kids are very happy.
作者: elmolly    時間: 08-12-22 14:28

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-11-10 13:54 發表

Chinese & English standard --> Mandarin & English are up to standard. Curr ...

琬晴B,

想問下如果比小朋友返KCIS kg, 之後可以讀返local school嗎? kindergarten既中文大概係去到咩程度? thanks.
作者: HaileyChn    時間: 08-12-23 00:03

琬晴B

Did they send any confirmation in writing?  Or just phone call?  My son is on no. 61 and they just have 60 seats. They will also give priority to siblings and the ones who transferred from local session. Do you think that I have good chance?

Thanks
HaileyChn

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-11-27 14:52 發表
There is no interview for K1 (KCIS). This is on a first come first served basis.  According to last year's experience, I received phone call from school office in late Jan and paid the registration de ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-12-23 13:58

elmolly,

我認為視乎你讀哪一類local school.如果是很傳統那一類,可能起初會"追"得比較辛苦.否則,應該問題不大,因為KCIS是比較注重中文的國際學校,e.g.每天都有普通話課,每星期會寫一版中文生字.

補充一點,我知道有蘇浙國際的小朋友讀完K1後,轉往新加坡國際學校就讀,所以我估程度應該都不錯.:D :D :D

[ 本帖最後由 琬晴B 於 08-12-23 14:12 編輯 ]
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-12-23 14:09

Haileychn,

The admin. staff called me first to confirm if I would take the seat & which session I preferred (am or pm). Then I received a confirmation letter a few days later and was asked to pay the deposit within a week.

As I recalled, my daughter was waitlisted No. 80 as told by the staff but still she got a seat without having priority. Except I did tell the staff at the very beginning that I had also applied "main stream" section for my daughter.:D :D :D
作者: HaileyChn    時間: 08-12-26 23:33

Thanks, 琬晴B. I hope that my son can get into KCIS.

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-23 14:09 發表
Haileychn,

The admin. staff called me first to confirm if I would take the seat & which session I preferred (am or pm). Then I received a confirmation letter a few days later and was asked to pay the ...

作者: HaileyChn    時間: 08-12-26 23:51

Thanks for the info.

BTW, why did you choose both KCS and KCIS? Is it too tired for the kid? Do most of the parents do this?

Thanks
HaileyChn

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-23 14:09 發表
Haileychn,

The admin. staff called me first to confirm if I would take the seat & which session I preferred (am or pm). Then I received a confirmation letter a few days later and was asked to pay the ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-12-27 12:40

Haileychn,

The reasons I chose both sections:
1. I have two children and I hope both can attend whole-day school.
2. I believe she can gain a balance mix of Chinese and English from that.

Regarding your concern, the children attending both sections can take a nap (for K.1) and have dinner at school in the time between. I admit this kind of schooling may not be suitable for all children. But, to my daughter, she fitted in very well and is enjoying making so many friends.

I know a couple of parents who send their children to both sections.

琬晴B:D :D :D
作者: HaileyChn    時間: 08-12-29 16:42

Many thanks!

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-27 12:40 發表
Haileychn,

Regarding  ...

作者: CreamBlue    時間: 08-12-30 00:16

some sharing about KCIS.....a son of my friend who studied KCIS until P1 and he is now studying in a local english primary school.  He is get used to the local school.  His english is much better than chinese.  As long as he studies in an english school, there is no problem.
作者: elmolly    時間: 08-12-30 13:56

原帖由 CreamBlue 於 08-12-30 00:16 發表
some sharing about KCIS.....a son of my friend who studied KCIS until P1 and he is now studying in a local english primary school.  He is get used to the local school.  His english is much better than ...

thanks for sharing the info, so do you think it's ok to switch to local school if I only plan to let my girl stay in KCIS for a year or 2? she can enjoy her life a bit there and then can also train up her English... if this plan works...
作者: rollingcat    時間: 09-1-2 20:35

Hi there,

My girl is studying at KCS N1 at the moment.  She accepted by KCIS K1 next year and I am waiting the result of KCS (local section) result.  If KCS also accept my girl, she will attend both KCS and KCIS.  Hope that all of our child can enjoy the school life.
^.^
作者: bbtigger    時間: 09-1-3 17:35

Dear moms, is there any one got the offer from KCIS for the K1 class in 09/10?
After received their acknowledgement last August, I haven't heard from them any more.
Pls help.
作者: rollingcat    時間: 09-1-3 23:01

I received the phone from school office at late November and registered on mid December already.
作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-4 18:48

I have asked the staff of KCIS of the students turnover rate.  She told me the highest turnover is students finishing 2 years kindergarten in KCIS before the KCIS primary school.  It is likely that some students were going to the K3 of local kinder.

原帖由 elmolly 於 08-12-30 13:56 發表

thanks for sharing the info, so do you think it's ok to switch to local school if I only plan to let my girl stay in KCIS for a year or 2? she can enjoy her life a bit there and then can also train  ...

作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-4 18:50

I got an offer in Nov 2008.

原帖由 bbtigger 於 09-1-3 17:35 發表
Dear moms, is there any one got the offer from KCIS for the K1 class in 09/10?
After received their acknowledgement last August, I haven't heard from them any more.
Pls help.

作者: bbtigger    時間: 09-1-4 21:19

Dear rollingcat & CreamBlue,
Are you children studying their reception class?
作者: elmolly    時間: 09-1-6 00:35

原帖由 CreamBlue 於 09-1-4 18:48 發表
I have asked the staff of KCIS of the students turnover rate.  She told me the highest turnover is students finishing 2 years kindergarten in KCIS before the KCIS primary school.  It is likely that so ...

I finally submitted the application for 2010, we are on no. 109 but there are only 80 seats plus those with priority...

[ 本帖最後由 elmolly 於 09-1-6 10:18 編輯 ]
作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-6 06:59

not yer, he will go to KCIS in Sep 2009.

原帖由 bbtigger 於 09-1-4 21:19 發表
Are you children studying their reception class?

作者: panala    時間: 09-1-6 09:53

Can u tell me what's your children's no?  I still receive no letter from the school, and start to getting a bit nervous.  Even I called the school, they just told me that everything is still in progress so what i need to do is continue to wait...sigh
作者: debbieip    時間: 09-1-6 11:05

請問要申請入讀KCIS該何時交FORM, 佢WEBSITE冇寫明, 是否即ANYTIME都可以交FORM??
作者: KU555    時間: 09-1-6 14:04

Does anyone know if KCIS accepts children with problem on learning difficulty?  

My daughter is studying P.3 in local school, and she has been studying both Mahts & Science in English; there should be no probelm for daily communications.  Unfortunately, her academic result is not good, or I can say bad at local school, a lot of stress from examinations.....  

I hesistate now if I should try to apply Grade 4 at KCIS in Sep, although I don't know the possibility; or I should wait 3 more years for application S1?  Is it difficult to apply in case my daugher's academic result is not good?

Many thanks for your sharings!
作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-7 22:49

I don't know the number of my son.  Actually, I was on waiting list until I got an offer in Dec.  I understand there are many application for am class, so I chose the pm class.  Then I got an offer of pm class.  Did you apply the am class?  If yes, the chance is lower.

原帖由 panala 於 09-1-6 09:53 發表
Can u tell me what's your children's no?  I still receive no letter from the school, and start to getting a bit nervous.  Even I called the school, they just told me that  ...

作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-7 22:50

as far as i know, you can submit the application once you have the birth cert of your kid.

原帖由 debbieip 於 09-1-6 11:05 發表
請問要申請入讀KCIS該何時交FORM, 佢WEBSITE冇寫明, 是否即ANYTIME都可以交FORM??

作者: panala    時間: 09-1-8 00:08

Yes, i mean the no on waiting list as they wiill put all the applicants on the waiting list even u're the first one to apply.  i only know that they are starting to send letters, so ...keep on waiting la!

原帖由 CreamBlue 於 09-1-7 22:49 發表
I don't know the number of my son.  Actually, I was on waiting list until I got an offer in Dec.  I understand there are many application for am class, so I chose the pm class.  Then I got an offer of ...

作者: HaileyChn    時間: 09-1-10 23:04

Why don't you call the school? My son was on waiting list no. 61.  I called the school and they said that he's still on waiting list no. 60.  Actually this is because I applied for am class.  They asked what class did I want and I said either am or pm is fine.  Then they could give offer right away.  But they still put my son on waiting list for the am class.  Why don't you try if you don't mind pm class.

原帖由 panala 於 09-1-8 00:08 發表
Yes, i mean the no on waiting list as they wiill put all the applicants on the waiting list even u're the first one to apply.  i only know that they are starting to send letters, so ...keep on waiting ...

作者: HaileyChn    時間: 09-1-10 23:07

Hi  琬晴B

Just want to let you knowt that my son has got an offer for the pm class.

Cheers
Haileychn

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-12-27 12:40 發表
Haileychn,

Regarding  ...

作者: panala    時間: 09-1-12 09:58

HaileyChn,

Actually, I called the school and went to their office once b4, but they replied that I'm still on the waiting list.  After reading your message, I went to their office today again, and found out that I'm on the waiting list of am class (in fact I prefer PM class).  As a result, I clarified my preference and they offered me a seat now.  Thank you.  

原帖由 HaileyChn 於 09-1-10 23:04 發表
Why don't you call the school? My son was on waiting list no. 61.  I called the school and they said that he's still on waiting list no. 60.  Actually this is because I applied for am class.  They ask ...

[ 本帖最後由 panala 於 09-1-12 10:00 編輯 ]
作者: HaileyChn    時間: 09-1-13 11:54

Great to hear that!!! Our kids could be classmate this Sep!
原帖由 panala 於 09-1-12 09:58 發表
HaileyChn,

Actually, I called the school and went to their office once b4, but they replied that I'm still on the waiting list.  After reading your message, I went to their office today again, and fo ...

作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-22 22:25

same here. My son will start pm class this Sep.  Glad to meet you here.

原帖由 HaileyChn 於 09-1-13 11:54 發表
Great to hear that!!! Our kids could be classmate this Sep!

作者: chanbebe    時間: 09-1-29 22:23

原帖由 CreamBlue 於 08-12-30 00:16 發表
some sharing about KCIS.....a son of my friend who studied KCIS until P1 and he is now studying in a local english primary school.  He is get used to the local school.  His english is much better than ...

Dear CreamBlue

請問你覺得讀完KCISP1再轉讀KCSP1有無可能跟得上呢?聽聞KCS的小學是讀深一年的,是否K3已經讀P1的課本呢?
你知道KCISP1是全日的,兩年後就要做出抉擇,不能兼讀啦。
作者: CreamBlue    時間: 09-1-31 12:32

讀完KCIS的P1再轉讀KCS的P1可能會比較困難, 因為係KCIS所學的中文唔多, 而KCS的中文水準又比較高, 如果你心儀的小學係KCS, 你不如一開始就讀KCS幼稚園.

原帖由 chanbebe 於 09-1-29 22:23 發表

Dear CreamBlue

請問你覺得讀完KCIS的P1再轉讀KCS的P1有無可能跟得上呢?聽聞KCS的小學是讀深一年的,是否K3已經讀P1的課本呢?
你知道KCIS的P1是全日的,兩年後就要做出抉擇,不能兼讀啦。 ...

作者: chanbebe    時間: 09-1-31 22:51

原帖由 CreamBlue 於 09-1-31 12:32 發表
讀完KCIS的P1再轉讀KCS的P1可能會比較困難, 因為係KCIS所學的中文唔多, 而KCS的中文水準又比較高, 如果你心儀的小學係KCS, 你不如一開始就讀KCS幼稚園.

多謝你的回復。
我會再考慮考慮。
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-22 20:06

原帖由 chanbebe 於 09-1-31 22:51 發表

多謝你的回復。
我會再考慮考慮。

Hi

Can I know who has already enrol your kid for both KCS and KCIS for the coming year ? 09-10

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5