查看: 11896|回覆: 4
go

French stream English primary + colleges [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-7 23:34 |顯示全部帖子
EMI = English as Medium of Instruction

原帖由 momosimo 於 08-11-7 20:30 發表
Hi Sara,

Can you please tell me what do you mean by "EMI"?  

Thanks,

2#
發表於 08-11-7 23:43 |顯示全部帖子
flostangraphy,

My son is also accepted for 2009 P1.  According to the vice principal, P1 & P2 students will need to study all 3 languages, one in each of the school terms.  The purpose is for the kids to get a taste of all the 3 languages.  By P3, students will have to choose one language to study in the coming 10 years (P3 - S6).

Chinese is taught in Mandarin.

3#
發表於 08-11-8 00:34 |顯示全部帖子
Hi bblaw,

Most probably..  

To be honest, DBS is my dream school but chance is small.  So 99% I will go to SMC.  I quite like the school.

How about you?  Have you made up your mind?

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-11-8 00:23 發表
Aaron ma ,
See u again
What is u final choice? SMC??

4#
發表於 08-11-8 01:07 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, bblaw,

But between SMC & TT, don't you think SMC is better?  Maybe I'm not too familiar with TT but I think SMC is similar to TT's international stream but SMC is much cheaper.

Also, I like the modern language of SMC and their Chinese is using 高效識字法 and taught in Mandarin.

I attended a seminar about 高效識字法 last weekend and found it really good and effective.  My son's kinder is using this approach for K3 and these 2 months, he has picked up a lot of chinese words...

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-11-8 01:01 發表
Aaron ma,
Hope u can go DBS. I may go to SMC(70%). Why 70%?
BCOS, Most of my daughter's classmates are accepted by TT .I may be affect by them . SMC has a lot of +ve comment from my friends.If u have ...

5#
發表於 08-11-11 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
I brought my son to a fast food shop yesterday where he played with a German/Chinese boy.  We then found out that he studies at St Margaret's.  He doesn't speak cantonese but when I asked him if he can speak chinese, he answered in Mandarin.  He's in P2 and he said he likes his school and all the extra-curricular activities.

My son is happy to meet the boy.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-11 14:38 發表
thanks bblaw,
i have check some thread of st margret's school, and yes, you are right. pupils and parents seems quite happy in this school!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題