搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 高主教 - Release of the interview result
樓主: dimmy
go

高主教 - Release of the interview result [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 08-11-14 13:39 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

係呀!不過我老公鍾意嶺南小班嘛教學,我都問過嶺南老師,佢地話係嶺南畢業生都唔會揀嶺南中學呀!

102#
發表於 08-11-14 14:05 |只看該作者
Just received the acceptance from st paul boys as well, now has to think which shcool should take....
St paul boys or RC?

103#
發表於 08-11-14 14:21 |只看該作者
Thanks npMaMa.  I noticed the statistics posted on website and it looks pretty good that some of the students did go to top schools.  I wonder if those students just got the places by applying for the DSS or the discretionary places of some subsidized schools.  Do RC allow their student to join the Gov't central allocation? I heard that some primary schools with direct link to a secondary, would refrain their students from joining the Gov't lucky draw.  Will RC do that?

原帖由 npMaMa 於 08-11-14 12:39 發表

Most students promote to RC Secondary school (around 80%).  Some of them with good results go to Kings, St. Jo, etc.  You can get the secondary school allocation report from their website.

104#
發表於 08-11-14 14:29 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

ilovemyboy,

I'm waiting for the 2nd interview result of St. Paul's College also.  Can you please tell me when will be the registration date because I need to apply annual leave before my boss go for her long business trip.  I called the school this morning.  The lady was very impatient and always asked me to wait few more days for the letter.  She has mentioned two date (6 Dec and 11th Nov/Dec) but she was not quite sure....

105#
發表於 08-11-14 14:36 |只看該作者
Hi ilovemyboy,

It's a headachach question.  But anyway waiting your final decision.

原帖由 ilovemyboy 於 08-11-14 14:05 發表
Just received the acceptance from st paul boys as well, now has to think which shcool should take....
St paul boys or RC?

106#
發表於 08-11-14 15:05 |只看該作者
My registraton date is 6th of Dec

107#
發表於 08-11-14 15:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 vnice 於 08-11-14 14:21 發表
Thanks npMaMa.  I noticed the statistics posted on website and it looks pretty good that some of the students did go to top schools.  I wonder if those students just got the places by applying for the ...

At this stage, RC secondary is still Gov't aided, so if students of RC primary can't get a place at the Discretionary Place Admission Stage, they must join the central allocation.  And majority of RC primary students will be allocated to RC secondary.

108#
發表於 08-11-14 15:21 |只看該作者
That is no need to give up the central allocation in P.6/F.1 stage.

原帖由 npMaMa 於 08-11-14 15:16 發表

At this stage, RC secondary is still Gov't aided, so if students of RC primary can't get a place at the Discretionary Place Admission Stage, they must join the central allocation.  And majority of R ...

109#
發表於 08-11-14 15:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 ononprincess 於 08-11-14 13:37 發表
Hi npMaMa,

Thanks for your info. The office lady in RC advised that the English and PTH teachers are native speakers. Could you please confirm if this is true as this is important to assess their la ...

My son is studying in P.2.  His Eng and Chinese teachers this year and last year are Chinese.  There are several foreign teachers in RC, I guess may be they teahes Eng of higher classes.  However, the teachers do speak only Eng during Eng lessons and Mandarin during Chinese lessons, i.e. no cantonese.

I remember when I attended the orientation of RC last year.  Their student ambassadors spoke fluent English and Mandarin which impressed me a lot.  So don't worry!

110#
發表於 08-11-14 15:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 No.Three 於 08-11-14 15:21 發表
That is no need to give up the central allocation in P.6/F.1 stage.

I am confused, if they give up the central allocation, they need to apply to the secondary school themselves?

As far as I know, the relationship between RC primary and RC secondary, just like other schools with associated secondary school, e.g. Wah Yan, St. Paul Catholic

111#
發表於 08-11-14 16:06 |只看該作者
Really thanks for your information. This is also the reason why I choose RC.

Some parents told me that they didn't know well about RC (esp the girls' parents) and even they have missed the chance to apply such a good English primary school.

I think this year the applicants (around 900) were not as many as other popular schools may be due to too low profile of the school and the head teacher.

原帖由 npMaMa 於 08-11-14 15:41 發表

My son is studying in P.2.  His Eng and Chinese teachers this year and last year are Chinese.  There are several foreign teachers in RC, I guess may be they teahes Eng of higher classes.  However, t ...

112#
發表於 08-11-14 23:21 |只看該作者
my kid is now studying at RC. He told me that there are 2 English teachers, one NAT teaching them once a week and one Chinese teaching them all other days.  The NAT teaches them oral and the readers. The Chinese teaches them grammars.  Chinese lessons are conducted in PTH at the very beginning. My son could understand what the teacher says in lessons although he never had any other PTH classes outside the school. I could sometimes teach him.  
Regarding girls, my son told me that the girls were only allocated to 2 of the 4 classes.

[ 本帖最後由 ratafan 於 08-11-14 23:26 編輯 ]

113#
發表於 08-11-14 23:40 |只看該作者
Thanks for your valuable informations! My big concern is...
If the students not good in PTH but the school just start the Chinese lesson teaching in PTH at the beginning, how can they fully understand what the teacher said? Will the school arrange the summer course for the kinder to learn the PTH before school starts?

quote]原帖由 ratafan 於 08-11-14 23:21 發表
my kid is now studying at RC. He told me that there are 2 English teachers, one NAT teaching them once a week and one Chinese teaching them all other days.  The NAT teaches them oral and the readers.  ... [/quote]

114#
發表於 08-11-14 23:47 |只看該作者
That had been my concern before. But it turned out ok. I also asked my P1 class teacher whether I need to find him a private tutor. The teacher confirms me that from her experience, there shouldn't be big problems. Kids learn very fast.  The books they use are bearing PTH Pinyin. If you know how to interpret the pinyin, you could help your kid if they forget the pronounciation.  To learn Chinese well, I think PTH is not a big concern. The biggest concern is comprehension and composition. I find there's no quick way, but to establish good reading habit. Read, read and read.

115#
發表於 08-11-15 00:18 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing. Do the students join the extra-curriculum after school and also what time do the school starts?

原帖由 ratafan 於 08-11-14 23:47 發表
That had been my concern before. But it turned out ok. I also asked my P1 class teacher whether I need to find him a private tutor. The teacher confirms me that from her experience, there shouldn't be ...

116#
發表於 08-11-15 00:49 |只看該作者
Dear ratafan and npMaMa,

Advise from the current parents are always valuable.  Thanks for your time.  

To be honest, I had very little idea of RC before I attended the interview.  But I don't know why... (perhaps I keep my son's choice of school in my prayer all the time)... after the interview, I have a strong feeling of this school.  She likes a fine young lady who is knowledgable, talent and with a humble heart.  Perhaps RC is not as charm as SPCC / DBS, but she has depth.

1. I also found the 普通話/英文大使 are impressive but they must be the top students.  May I know the average standard of other students.  I mean how do you feel about your son's classmates in terms of their academic, learning attitude and character.

2.  Since the General Studies are taught in English, I believe that they use English books.  Correct me if I am wrong?  It is important to me co'z I must go for this school if my son can maintain good English and PTH standard in the primary stage.

3. 課外活動 -- which one is more outstanding?  sports? music? art?  

Many many thanks!!!

原帖由 ratafan 於 08-11-14 23:21 發表
my kid is now studying at RC. He told me that there are 2 English teachers, one NAT teaching them once a week and one Chinese teaching them all other days.  The NAT teaches them oral and the readers.  ...

[ 本帖最後由 rtam 於 08-11-15 01:42 編輯 ]

117#
發表於 08-11-15 01:26 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 rtam 於 08-11-15 00:49 發表
Dear rtam,

My son is now studing in RC P2.  Let me try to share my RC experience with you. 1. A class of no more than 40 students is having different kinds of boys.  In terms of academic result, some boys are very outstanding.  My son told me that his classmate is really excellent.  He reads books all the time and completes the reading reports at school.  He is good in all subjects.  I guess there must be students with exceptionally outstanding results or performance.  He is also a good model for my son to learn.  Don't worry! Teachers will not compare students in class.  Honestly, some boys are also active and out going.  Such character is very common especially for boys.     

2. For General Studies, some books are in Chinese and some are in English.  Same as Maths, they have books in Chinese and English.

3. For 課外活動, I don's have much ideas.  As my boy is still in lower class, I prefer to have the activities near to where we live instead of staying in school after school.  You may also browse for the awards from RC website.

Hope the above info would help you in the decision making process.

118#
發表於 08-11-15 01:32 |只看該作者
Dear mamay,

I am a RC parent.  My friend is having his son in SPC.  One point you may need to know is that SPC demands a lot in testing and exam.  For example, exam paper is consisting of quite a number of pages, say 7 pages.  In RC, they have only 3 exams a year (marks are reported in school report) while results of all assessments are not reported in school report. For academic result, I believe that they are more or less the same.  I heard a parent from RC secondary school saying that RC is much higher than SPC.  Anyway, again, it depends very much on individuals.

[quote]原帖由 mamay 於 08-11-12 11:47 發表

119#
發表於 08-11-15 01:40 |只看該作者
Many thanks Kingmame.  Your son is mature as he would admire the classmate who is serious in learning.  You made a right choice for your child, didn't you?

原帖由 Kingmame 於 08-11-15 01:26 發表
[quote]原帖由 rtam 於 08-11-15 00:49 發表
Dear rtam,

My son is now studing in RC P2.  Let me try to share my RC experience with you. 1. A class of  ...

120#
發表於 08-11-15 07:48 |只看該作者
.......but seems that the class in RC is not small, almost 40 !  In Wah Yan, they change to 30 this year, the parent said that it is really effective to give more attention to the students in a class.  

Wah Yan's campus is so so so small, but they do strong at sports (I mean the joint-school activities).

It's really difficult for me to make a choice between RC and Wah Yan even I don't put 直升Wah Yan secondary school as one of the consideration (as I have other plan in secondary school).
‹ 上一主題|下一主題