請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-6-10 14:01 |只看該作者
Kam 118,

I did not answer your questions because I felt offended by your note

22#
發表於 09-6-10 14:21 |只看該作者
Tks to monkeydad & bblaw reply.

May i ask another question: I just want to know more and open for discussion. ( hoping that i did not offence anyone this time)

What do u think abt the TSA results? I heard someone said that if no banding of the school, it would be much more difficult to find other school when promoted to secondary. Of course, we can stay at SMC for sec school... but just know if we can still have choices abt other school.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-10 08:08 發表
Kam118,

I learnt that for 2008-2009 P1, there are quite a number of kids from Learning Habitat.  In that year, the school even sent forms to this kinder.  But not sure whether it is still the case no ...

23#
發表於 09-6-10 14:24 |只看該作者
you must be a top guy, even a simple note can offend you. sorry for that!

原帖由 Chatter 於 09-6-10 14:01 發表
Kam 118,

I did not answer your questions because I felt offended by your note

24#
發表於 09-6-10 15:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-10 08:08 發表
Kam118,

I learnt that for 2008-2009 P1, there are quite a number of kids from Learning Habitat.  In that year, the school even sent forms to this kinder.  But not sure whether it is still the case no ...

Agree with monkeydad,I come from LH. In the LH seminar, A parent said the vice-principle observe the strength & weak point. So, the school is changing and want to do better.

My cousin's math teacher who daughter graduate from SMC, She can promote to a famous gov'nt school in kowloon Tong.

I just tell u, not for promote how good of SMC , just provide my experience.

[ 本帖最後由 bblaw 於 09-6-10 16:04 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 09-6-11 12:43 |只看該作者
kam118,

I have not thought through your question re. TSA result in depth.  We select SMC partly because its direct promotion to the secondary section.  Besides, we have confidence on SMC in achieving desirable results.  We still hold the same view on back of my boy's progress in the last 9 months.

If in case you choose SMC and eventually you find the school is not your cup of tea, I think you can still change to other school as long as you find the way to tune your kid to match the criteria of your target school / to bridge the gap, rather than depending on SMC.  My point is you may be, to certain extent, disatisfied with SMC if you think of changing to another school.  It would be rationally conflicting if you rely on a school which you are disatified with to help you achieving your goal.  

原帖由 kam118 於 09-6-10 14:21 發表
Tks to monkeydad & bblaw reply.

May i ask another question: I just want to know more and open for discussion. ( hoping that i did not offence anyone this time)

What do u think abt the TSA results?  ...

26#
發表於 09-6-11 19:47 |只看該作者
Many tks for yr reply, monkeydad.

Yes, I am quite confused becoz my kid is shy and lack of confidence but she likes reading and she can finish all homework w/ little guidance. Therefore, I am thinking i should put her into traditional sch which she can doing well in many aspects... but it may lose chance of building her confidence or presentation skills.. That's why i am interested in SMC, hoping that it would have more chance to explore herself in front of others. I think it is v. important to her future development.

My friend advised me that if SMC cannot meet yr expectation on above aspects, u just can't go back since they don't have any bands, it would be difficult if u want to switch back to other traditional school. That's shy i am eager to know abt if they give chances to students to show and talk... any chance to forth back if any gap happened.

I know SMC is a good school but just worried if i will make the right choice to my kids.. and keep asking questions.

Anyway, I would like to say "thanks" again!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-11 12:43 發表
kam118,

I have not thought through your question re. TSA result in depth.  We select SMC partly because its direct promotion to the secondary section.  Besides, we have confidence on SMC in achieving ...

27#
發表於 09-6-11 20:05 |只看該作者
Kam118.
I am just a new member of SMC. But, I search a lot of data from current students.One make me a support. One kid can go CCC   in kowloon Tong which is band 1 secondary school. In my opinion, SMC is a traditional school mode, but add some curriculum and creat a English environment. They attend local examination.The books are same with other schools.

28#
發表於 09-6-12 02:26 |只看該作者
hi bblaw,

what is CCC?

原帖由 bblaw 於 09-6-11 20:05 發表
Kam118.
I am just a new member of SMC. But, I search a lot of data from current students.One make me a support. One kid can go CCC   in kowloon Tong which is band 1 secondary school. In my opinion, SM ...

29#
發表於 09-6-12 07:39 |只看該作者
kam118,

You had made a very thoughtful consideration indeed.

I would like to share my experience -  my boy used to be very shy and lacking confidence.  He never made his view in the class at the beginning - one of the few in the class.  I heard from the English NET teacher recently that he has started to speak up.  Style of non-local teachers usually encourages participation.

I personally think less homework is better - quality Vs quantity.  I do not agree making the kids learn something by repeatedly doing the writing and exercises.  Besides, if the teachers have less quantitative pressure in producing and marking homework, they would have resources to be more qualitative.

Kids in P1 are encouraged to write 30-50 words story (English) even at the start, regardless of the gramatical mistakes made.  My boy now can finish his story writing during the class Vs bringing back home in the last 2 semesters.  This is an encouraging sign of improvement.  I quote this to point out that SMC has its own way to achieve its goal, given the lesser extent of homework.

I have projected the development of my boy based on his progress made in the past months, I personally do not think there would be significant and material difference in what he would have learnt in a traditional school from pure academic perspective.

30#
發表於 09-6-12 17:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-12 07:39 發表
kam118,

I would like to share my experience -  my boy used to be very shy and lacking confidence.  He never made his view in the class at the beg ...
我只要囡囡每天愉快學習, 我的小朋友以前不太喜歡說話, 更怕說英語, 現在SMC 能夠提供一個輕鬆英語環境, 我好放心, 現在停課囡囡有點不開心呢!好想快些返學。

31#
發表於 09-6-12 20:51 |只看該作者
Dear Monkeydad,

I totally agreed w/ you

Wish both our kids keep continue improving on their learning ways.  

Yeah~~~  

WD40

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-12 07:39 發表
kam118,

I would like to share my experience -  my boy used to be very shy and lacking confidence.  He never made his view in the class at the beg ...

32#
發表於 09-6-13 10:29 |只看該作者
hi mabelzero,
I don't allocated a good school.  But finally I knock the door succesfully.  this is my 1st choice school and i registered already.  but I am still waiting for SMC's call.  If I could get a seat in SMC, I will release the gov't school.

原帖由 mabelzero 於 09-6-7 22:54 發表
Hi Chapmanma,

Yes, we both still waiting SMC's calling (after 1Aug), hope we both get the seat in final.

Which school have you registered ?  govn't or private school ?  

33#
發表於 09-6-13 10:32 |只看該作者
Dear Chatter,

Agree with your points very much.

原帖由 Chatter 於 09-6-9 19:03 發表
Kam 118,

As wise parents, we should not judge a school by it's surface and we should not judge people by their skin colour and their class.

If you are interest in SM, you should do more backgroup in ...

34#
發表於 09-6-13 16:29 |只看該作者
How about the training in physical education, music and arts?

[ 本帖最後由 elizatyy 於 09-6-13 16:31 編輯 ]

35#
發表於 09-6-13 22:14 |只看該作者
Hi ChapmanMa,

Me too.  If I could get a seat in SMC, I will release the gov't school even if I knock the door successfully.

I think that now we should write the letter to school again.

Do you know is there any interview for waiting list ?
and how ?  

Anyway, I hope both of us could got the SMC seat in final.  

Cheers,
mabelzero.

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 09-6-13 10:29 發表
hi mabelzero,
I don't allocated a good school.  But finally I knock the door succesfully.  this is my 1st choice school and i registered already.  but I am still waiting for SMC's call.  If I could g ...

36#
發表於 09-6-13 22:39 |只看該作者
Yes, mabelzero, add oil .....

you are still waiting for the result of knocking the door ?  Which net are you ? I am net 40 and has been allocated to no. 10th choice which is a bad school.  

I don't know if SMC will call for 2nd interview for the waiting list ? And I want to know too ?  Any SMC parents can share the experience ?  Also, any SMC parents could get some hints with the administration office about the status of the waiting list ?

Please share.  Thanks for great help.

原帖由 mabelzero 於 09-6-13 22:14 發表
Hi ChapmanMa,

Me too.  If I could get a seat in SMC, I will release the gov't school even if I knock the door successfully.

I think that now we should write the letter to school again.

Do you know  ...

37#
發表於 09-6-13 22:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 elizatyy 於 09-6-13 16:29 發表
How about the training in physical education, music and arts?

elizatyy, Pls check PM

38#
發表於 09-6-14 16:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 bblaw 於 09-6-13 22:56 發表

elizatyy, Pls check PM

bblaw, I have replied you on PM

39#
發表於 09-6-14 23:29 |只看該作者
Hi ChapmanMa,

Sure, add oil. Keep to knock door & wont give up, Hope We'll get a good news soon ( 就算要再面試, 都希望能順利過關, 成為2009 SMC學生)

Glad to hear u that u 've got 1st choice govn't school though knock door.  Of course , hope you have a luck again ,yr son to be SMC boy.  

Yes, i am still waiting the call for interview for my 1st choice (仁立 Net 65) of govnt school, (allocated 2nd choice "基真, sounds OK) i knew that some parent have rec'd call for interview, however, i dont care any more (no luck),  i just really hope to be SMC girl.  On the other hand , I have registered TT ( 崇真小學) for back up,  Actually, I prefer SMC , the reasons same as you.

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 09-6-13 22:39 發表
Yes, mabelzero, add oil .....

you are still waiting for the result of knocking the door ?  Which net are you ? I am net 40 and has been allocated to no. 10th choice which is a bad school.  

I don't  ...

40#
發表於 09-6-15 23:46 |只看該作者
yes, mabelzero, add oil, never give up.  Let's give in touch to chat chat.  

原帖由 mabelzero 於 09-6-14 23:29 發表
Hi ChapmanMa,

Sure, add oil. Keep to knock door & wont give up, Hope We'll get a good news soon ( 就算要再面試, 都希望能順利過關, 成為2009 SMC學生)

Glad to hear u that u 've got 1st choice govn't sc ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題