密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 温哥華升學一問
樓主: fattymama
go

温哥華升學一問 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-9-19 09:02 |只看該作者
Depends on which school u apply. I saw that informations on the web before , let me try to find it out later.

22#
發表於 09-9-21 22:20 |只看該作者
http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeid=1477

Vancouver Homestay
http://www.vancouverhomestaysearch.com/

http://www.cjredu.com.hk/countries/ca/other/fic.htm

23#
發表於 09-9-23 14:19 |只看該作者
There's another thing which I think is quite important, but nobody has mentioned it here.

When you buy clothes in HK, remember they'll be put to dry in a dryer.  The clothes could shrink quite a bit.

24#
發表於 09-11-25 17:22 |只看該作者
anyone may have the high school rankings in vancouver?

25#
發表於 09-11-27 13:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 cocobean225 於 09-11-25 17:22 發表
anyone may have the high school rankings in vancouver?

你試吓search "Fraser Institute"條 link啦!

26#
發表於 09-12-1 16:24 |只看該作者
As was discussed by many members here, I truly assent to the fact that North Vancouver is a wonderful city to live in, particularly for those new settlers & those who 'd like their kids to settle in an English-speaking environment.  There are more native language speakers than Asian, though it is a bit inconvenient in terms of transportation (I mean the distance to & from downtown) and daily shopping, North Van embraces such a good character of a quiet lovely town, where you can enjoy your time & life that will not be able to copy in area such as Richmond.

27#
發表於 10-1-14 14:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 chuchu-fighting 於 09-9-16 09:54 發表
amy888:

My daughter is now studying in North Van, as i know there is only a few chinese in her school. Nobody speak chinese/mandrain in school. So she can pick up english more easily. But no ESL in h ...

I received my elementary, secondary, and University in Vancouver. I have many friends who are VISA students. My suggestion would be to go to schools in SURREY or LANGLEY or NORTH VAN. Those places who be more diversified and it would force them to learn English more.

From what I had heard from my VISA friends, homestay is a good choice for the first year in Vancouver because it would provide them a first hand of how Canadian's live. Only by chance that the family would treat your child up to your standards because one family had provided a eating schedule for my friend and a time for her to follow. If she doesnt like the food that it was planned or she wasnt there at that specific time, then you will not have food until the next meal. And if there was a specific time for the doors to be locked at night and if she didnt come back into the house, then she had to find a place to sleep for the night.

After the first year, they usually would group together the friends who use homestay as well and rent one apartment to live in near the school.

I have other pointers that the parents should take notice of. if you want, please PM me.

28#
發表於 10-1-31 18:54 |只看該作者
pls pm me other issues to take care for child
study at Canada.
[email protected]

29#
發表於 10-3-17 20:07 |只看該作者
May be I go to Canada a few with the kids la

30#
發表於 10-4-8 15:37 |只看該作者
Fraser Institute seems to only offer rankings on elementary schools, as for high schools ranking, looks like we have to pay to subscribe.

Any other source that we can check on high schools ranking in BC/Canada?

原帖由 fattymama 於 09-11-27 13:59 發表

你試吓search "Fraser Institute"條 link啦!

31#
發表於 10-4-8 17:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 cocobean225 於 10-4-8 15:37 發表
Fraser Institute seems to only offer rankings on elementary schools, as for high schools ranking, looks like we have to pay to subscribe.

Any other source that we can check on high schools ranking in ...

try this file
http://www.fraserinstitute.org/Commerce.Web/product_files/70BCESC09COMP.pdf

32#
發表於 10-4-22 17:58 |只看該作者
I was much lucky as my host family gave me a key.  If missed the meal time or did not have my dinner or lunch when I was home, the host would ask me to get something to eat from the fridge.  The usually are very nice, but of course some may be not very good.
原帖由 meyanyan 於 10-1-14 14:33 發表

I received my elementary, secondary, and University in Vancouver. I have many friends who are VISA students. My suggestion would be to go to schools in SURREY or LANGLEY or NORTH VAN. Those places w ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題