搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 TSL secondary allocation
發新帖
查看: 3459|回覆: 6
go

TSL secondary allocation [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-30 17:49 |顯示全部帖子
Every parent has his/her own reason to pick or not to pick a school.  However, leaving biased and unverified claims like these here does not seems to be helpful and responsible.  

原帖由 smartcar 於 08-11-30 16:37 發表
Becoz they are blindly believed that good english could bring the kid to everywhere.

TSL is factually a school purposely for enthical minority in HK, i.e. Parkintani, Indian, etc...  This explains wh ...

[ 本帖最後由 kaifu 於 08-11-30 20:31 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 08-12-1 07:51 |顯示全部帖子
Agree.  I happen to know someone who is a graduate of a well-known EMI secondary school and he failed an English course at university last year.  I was very surprised and asked him what happened.  He told me that his English was not as good as his secondary school classmates because he was coming from a chinese primary school.  

原帖由 mamimummy 於 08-12-1 02:35 發表
對不起. 我語氣都重左. 我明白無一間學校係適合所有人.

我來自中文小學, 當我進了一間英文中學的初期,全英環境令我好frustrated, 更被來自英小的同學(尤其SFA)嚇呆了, D英文真係好勁, 之後花了很大氣力才趕上.  ...

3#
發表於 08-12-2 21:56 |顯示全部帖子
Belle,
In fact, most brand-name schools, e.g. La Salle, DGS, DBS, Marymount, are english schools mainly taught by local teachers with HK accent.   Their students also talk to each other mainly in Cantonese.  Would you question their English standard (students and teachers) in the same way?  

原帖由 ljsze 於 08-12-2 21:30 發表
belle

If you can afford to send your kid to CKY, I also agree it's a good choice.  Yet, there are very very few schools in HK with that many NET teachers & yet the English standard of the kids may be ...

4#
發表於 08-12-2 22:37 |顯示全部帖子
Did you mean all or most TSL teahers are not good at English?  Or was it just the case that you happened to hear a few teachers not speaking good english?   Make sure you have enough evidences before making a generalized claim like that, otherwise you are bad-mouthing the school and hurting the teachers, parents, and students there.  
I am sure even in those brand name schools it is not difficult to find teachers with bad english, including secondary schools and universities.   

By the way, are you sure that all english teachers at CKY are native speakers?  I heard that it was not the case (but I could be wrong though).  

原帖由 belle 於 08-12-2 22:18 發表
I think both of you misunderstand my point.  I said teachers in TSL are not good at English.  Teachers in TSL do not equal to all local teachers in other school.  

On the open day, I heard the conver ...

[ 本帖最後由 kaifu 於 08-12-2 22:42 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-12-2 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
We may not be rich but CKY is affordable to us.  Still we picked TSL over CKY for many reasons.  

We happened to know a local teacher leaving a school with 50% "NET" teachers and 50% local teachers (not CKY, but a school with similar teaching style).  She said that all the NET teachers were high-paid but they did not care a lot about administration, discipline, student caring and all those work are left for the local teachers with lower salary.  The morale among the local teachers was very poor.  
Please don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that CKY is neccessarily like that.  My point is, having too many NET teachers in a school may not neccessarily be translated to good teaching.  

原帖由 belle 於 08-12-2 22:43 發表
I totally agree with you "一分錢一分貨". If you were rich, would TSL be your first choice??"  If no, why???
If yes, I think TSL is really a dream school, go for it and I believe your son can study the ...

[ 本帖最後由 kaifu 於 08-12-2 23:01 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 08-12-2 22:56 |顯示全部帖子
there is no such thing as a good accent or bad accent.  Native speakers speak with their own accents, even if they are coming from the same country.  I am not sure what kind of good accent you are refering to?  

原帖由 belle 於 08-12-2 22:50 發表
I agree with you that not all teachers in CKY is NET teacher.  During the interview, I saw both Western and Chinese teachers, and their English are so good.  The CHinese teacher also has good accent.  ...

7#
發表於 08-12-7 22:00 |顯示全部帖子
Just had a chance to view some campus TV progams at their website.  The spoken english proficiency of the TSL students is actually quite impressive.  Some Indian students do not have any accent at all.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題