教育王國 討論區 國際學校 One in Internation+One in local
發新帖
查看: 1995|回覆: 0
go

One in Internation+One in local [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-30 00:52 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 matthewdad 於 09-3-29 23:39 發表
His younger son finished IS kinder and year 1(only learn English + private tutor onMandrain) before sending to local P.1. Of course his younger son 's speaking english (as what you says) is not as goo ...

I was in a judging panel of a competition among secondary school recently, and interview groups of kids (in English) from different schools such as CIS, ESF, and other famous local school. Most children can speak very good English, but honestly speaking kids from IS speak native English, while those from local school speak very good english only. You can tell easily when you listen to what they said, even I am not a native English speaker. Having said that, you should bear in mind that when this case apply to speaking Chinese, I am sure it will the same that even how good you learn Chinese in IS, you can't compare with those kids in local school.

The main point is, I will like my kid to grow up happily. I will try to provide an ebnvironment to let them learn, but not to push them to learn. Saw a lot of news recently, some parents push their kids very hard, and their academic result are very good. But these kids somehow became idealist and they can't bear themselves even with a very small mistake, and finally suicide. You may say I think too far, but once it happens to you, it will be to late for you to feel regret. Want you kids to be superboy / supergirl, or just want them to be happy? Make your own call, and take a balance from both sides.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題