搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 One in Internation+One in local
發新帖
查看: 2006|回覆: 2
go

One in Internation+One in local [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-28 23:03 |顯示全部帖子
My friend's younger son can communcate with other in English, Mandrain and French even he is in P6 of the local school & of course he can communicate with his elder borther who stuided in IS.  It is important to train up them with good Englsih even they are in local school and some many compusory ativities the total spending  $$$  will be about the same (told by my friend).
原帖由 Kareese 於 09-3-28 21:45 發表
Just want to share...

My two daughters are in international school. At home, they communicate in Cantonese. Their cousin who is attending local school always plays with them and the language they spe ...

2#
發表於 09-3-29 23:39 |顯示全部帖子
His younger son finished IS kinder and year 1(only learn English + private tutor onMandrain) before sending to local P.1. Of course his younger son 's speaking english (as what you says) is not as good as his elder brother (from IS) but this may be an option for those parent who like thier kids to learn more chinese (particularly on written chinese).

原帖由 almom 於 09-3-29 22:06 發表

It is quite different between "learning" a language as a second language and "using' a language as a first language. Local schools students learn English as a second language. International schools  ... [/quote]

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-3-29 23:49 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-3-30 09:49 |顯示全部帖子
Totally agreed on the English standard for those IS with English environment (small chinese community). In adiditonal, the parent has happy and relax life (local school are much more demanding on exam/dictation) although paying the same price.

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-30 00:52 發表

I was in a judging panel of a competition among secondary school recently, and interview groups of kids (in English) from different schools such as CIS, ESF, and other famous local school. Most chil ...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-3-30 09:53 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題