密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 2738|回覆: 2
go

Pui Ching v. Munsang [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-1-12 16:22 |顯示全部帖子
I have a question about the band 1 % of the primary school.  I just find Pui Ching has only about 50% band 1 students, while Munsang has less than 50%.

On the other hand, I find there are many of the local schools (not famous) do have 5x - 60% band 1 students, not mentioning their peer school at kowloon tong, 九龍禮賢學校 which is over 70%, and 九龍塘宣道小學 is over 80%.  

My question is :
1. If then, why do we have to go these 2 schools in any means (presume many of the families live quite far away from the school) ?  

2. On the other hand, it's very likely that their secondary school will become the DSS school, meaning that we have to pay school fees for 12 years.  Is that really worth ?

3. They do not allow students to join the lucky draw for P1. That means, we have limited our choices to their primary school.

Hope anyone can answer me.  Thanks !

2#
發表於 09-1-12 18:04 |顯示全部帖子
MANY THANKS, Alexismami.

I think you have explained well on the % of band 1 students, and I think the % is reasonably good in such bases.  And the academic result doesn't mean all to a school.

But to us, on the 2nd and 3rd points are we still pondering on.

On the other hand, since we live in TKO, we are likely to move to live closer to school.  But the property price would also be another headache for us.  Do you have any suggestion for a better living place near to PC ?

Great thanks !!!

3#
發表於 09-1-13 10:35 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks so much, Alexismama. You are so nice.

You do explain very well on the point 3, and I do understanding the rule now, thanks.  

And this also implies moving the living place to net 41 would not mean more choices for P1, as we are allowed for the 1st round game only.  Unless we waive the seat in PC can we have the 2nd round lucky draw, in such case there is no point to study in PC kg, right ?  

And I do agree with your view on point 2 that nobody knows how the education system would be evolved or offers PC secondary school would provide many years later.  Though, I think most of the students would prefer continue their study in the secondary school. From the % of students of PCPS that go to PCSS I think it can indicate this fact.  From above, can we also conclude that it's a very very high chance (realistic cases) the students in KG would move on to PCPS and PCSS ?

On the teaching language, I think PC would quite insist in Chinese teaching which they value the most.   So, will most of the students limit their choice to go into CUHK rather than HKU as it would be quite difficult to adapt to the English teaching ?

The last concern for us is, we know PC is doing very good at science and maths. But may I know how well is the communication skill of the student, will they be given chance to present and have discussion on different topics ?  We're also hoping the school can be more 'open' rather than being too 'traditional'.

Sorry for raising so many questions, but they really make us headache.  Thanks again.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題