教育王國 討論區 激活英文小學 希望各位給我一點支持同安慰!
發新帖
查看: 3160|回覆: 0
go

希望各位給我一點支持同安慰! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-1-13 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Lenglengma,
Sorry to hear that you are facing the mentioned problem. I understand very much about your worries. You are really a responsible mother because you collect information about schools before you make a change for your kids.
To be frank, the use of English in Gigamind is not as wide as it is in an international school. Most of the pupils are Chinese and their first language is Cantonese. However I can tell you teachers here highly encourage pupils to speak in English and Putonghua. They talk to pupils mainly in these two languages at school. And the pupils especially P.1 pupils try very hard and be bold enough to speak in English. (although it is not very accurate, they do try.) Pupils here speak more English and Putonghua than those in local schools (I mean in the New Territories West).
Actually as I know there are more choices in other districts besides TSW. Gigamind is a small school which is not able to provide pupils a wide range of extra-curricular activities. There are only two classes in each level and the campus is small. However, it is like a family. You can approach the principal or teachers easily. Be honest, I do not expect my daughter to learn a lot of knowledge at school because I think parents have greater responsibility in this area. Outside school, there are other places for them to learn other skills. In my belief, a suitable school is the one which provides my daughter a sense of belongings. Teachers know nearly every pupil in Gigamind even though they have not taught all of them. A good bonding is created among teachers and parents. It can be done because the school is small.
REMEMBER: Gigamind is not an international school. It has similar curriculum (but less tense and restricted) as local schools but the medium of instruction is PTH and English.
Hope my opinion is helpful.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題