用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Writing letter to DGJS Principal?
發新帖
查看: 7838|回覆: 8
go

Writing letter to DGJS Principal? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-1-13 16:57 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all,

Just wonder how many of you are writing to the DGJS Principal?

Please share your view and your success story!

Cheers,
Monghar
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-1-14 20:15 |顯示全部帖子
Any successful cases?

Also, will the school response to the parents' letters?  Or they just ignore them?!

What I heard... they only response to parents'letter whom girls had awards.  Is this true?

Share more details with us...

3#
發表於 09-1-20 12:06 |顯示全部帖子
Good day Ericby,

Thanks for your comment!

Please let us know if any of your friends have got any response from the school, say writing a letter - will they reply?

I bet making appointment is rather hard as they would foresee that to happen.  Only way is to write letter.

Thanks!

原帖由 ericby 於 09-1-14 16:35 發表
many parents write letters, many make appointments and many go to the office.

4#
發表於 09-1-21 14:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happyrain,

Just wonder how long does your friend updating the principal at DBS?  Once a month letter or a weekly letter?  Updating them with your friend's kid award winning process and certificates.  

Did you try that too?  Just wonder.. how much is sufficient?  Is that mean no award - better don't try this strategy?  Only those with award winning ability will have higher chances?

Thanks,

原帖由 happyrain 於 09-1-20 16:42 發表
Ah Ha, I got it!
My friend's two sons are both studying at DBS now. She said she had written a few letters to the principal with updated cert. and awards after interview.
She said you need to show yo ...

5#
發表於 09-1-23 12:06 |顯示全部帖子
True!  I also heard the style is different as well.  Most ppl say DGJS is more competitive than DBS.  Writing a letter (may be work..?) - also there is lot of ppl doing it too.  Very likely is much depending on the parents how much they like the school.  Also, hearing that DGJS girl is not particularly smart (for some) but every single of them have their strengths and weaknesses.  

Just want to see if any other real cases we can share on this web for those parents who would like to write to their ideal school principals.

原帖由 happyrain 於 09-1-22 10:09 發表
Actually, you should not make direct comparison of DBS and DGS as there are some difference. As far as I know, DBS accept profolio where as DGS only accept a few pages. DBS has 2nd interview and not w ...

6#
發表於 09-2-9 13:46 |顯示全部帖子
I heard that DGJS has already received over 200 letter of appeals now.  These parents have written letters to the principal, requesting for a seat although the financial crisis hit HK badly.  I guess such school still in great demand eventhough under a poor economic environment.

Also heard that there are some withdrawals whom already accepted by Maryknoll or St. Mary.  Possible more to withdraw if June lucky draw to review the results soon.

7#
發表於 09-2-13 23:08 |顯示全部帖子
I guess so.. as it is a private school.  Not a DSS.  Did you accept a place already?  

Not sure anyone here do write to the DGJS principal?  Do they reply to you all???  Pls share.  

Thanks!

原帖由 jmiu 於 09-2-12 16:10 發表
I would like to ask if the kid is accepted by DDS school like DBS/DGJS, it is still possible to participate in the June lucky draw?

Please advise. Thanks.

8#
發表於 09-2-17 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
Hi there,

This is something we would want all the parents to share.  

Do you mean your friend's daughter is on waiting list to get into the upcoming 2009/10 P1 index?
When did she get an interview?  Sound like it is quite fast to get a respond from the principal.  She must be real intelligent to show her awards.  Do you know what soft of awards she get?

Thanks for sharing!

原帖由 mother904 於 09-2-17 10:55 發表

one of my friend had sent a christmas card to the principle last year. The card was made by her daughter and also attached some certificates and awards. Then the school called her for an interview a ...

9#
發表於 09-2-18 15:45 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Mother904 for your sharing!

How come the interview is organised so early when they not even sure who is withdrawing until June (wait till all the gov't lucky draw is completed).  I bet if being put on the waiting list.. it is  best for the principal to hold the 2nd interview near in JUNE (I guess) and then the results to tell the kids whether they get the seat or not.

I guess most probably they have been put on waiting list for possible 2nd interview later.  This is my best guess of the situation.  I may be wrong.. hahahah...

Just wonder if any other mom have experienced the same?  Any of you have sent out the letter and have not received any reply from the school yet?

Thanks!

原帖由 mother904 於 09-2-17 14:14 發表

Do you mean your friend's daughter is on waiting list to get into the upcoming 2009/10 P1 index?===yes

When did she get an interview?  Sound like it is quite fast to get a respond from the princip ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題