教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 今日in完St.Paul!
發新帖
查看: 6008|回覆: 5
go

今日in完St.Paul! [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

1#
發表於 09-1-21 11:28 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, the number on the envelope should be the same as your registration number.

However, I think your husband may not have threw away the interview letter.  It was took by the interviewer.

原帖由 rtam 於 09-1-21 00:02 發表
Can someone help me please?

My husband threw away the interview letter accidentiallymouth:" />  and just returned me the empty envelope.  Can someone tell me the no. written on the envelope (right bott ...

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 09-1-22 00:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi rtam,

You are welcome and you better don't tell your husband the truth!  Just kidding!

Honestly, we have set out heart for SHCK already so any news TOO GOOD, will probably force us to make a choice again!

Ian

原帖由 rtam 於 09-1-21 23:27 發表
iatsang,

Thanks a lot for your reply!等我仲大吵大鬧哦hb唔小心成晚...hee hee... 你救了他免捱哦.   I think I was too nervious at that time.  Anyway, our Father knows which school suits my daught ...

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 09-1-22 18:04 |顯示全部帖子
Hi rtam,

Yes, I have a personal preference on SHCK over SPK.  I have already put many comments in bk concerning so wouldn't wanna bring it up again.  If you need, I can PM you.

I was brought up in HK island and studied in Band 1 school all the way.  I am basically surrounded by students from these two schools (and more).  Of course, those are old days but based on the good tradition, I am still circle by the same group of people with their kids in these schools.  So, may not be as directly but comments are still being given to me.

I truly have no objective answers on which school is better comparing the two, I think this is the key point.  If I can have such information then I think my life would be much easier.  The two schools are so much different in styles!  Of course I can talk all day since I spent my entire secondary school life focusing on most of the band 1 girl schools (except DGS only)!

Anyway, the key here is, I am surprised why most parents can make such an easy preference on spk over shck.  I have spent lots of time in the past 3 months, putting my own business aside to try to help my daughter find the perfect school for her.  With all these efforts, I don't seems to be able to actually convince myself that spk should be better than shck.  At the end, I decided to trust my daughter's instinct and let her make her own decision.  She has been serious about it and I believe she really means it.

I believe families are all different, and kids would have been brought up differently.  Unless most parents have similar preferences than may be spk fulfills the majority's interest better.  Other than that, I really don't have a clear winner here.

Ian

原帖由 rtam 於 09-1-22 13:04 發表
iantsang,

我真要懺悔, 因當日老公好認真好同心咁去面試, 盡力為女兒尋「幸福」, 我們已盡了力, 若天父的心意是不應去SPK, 我便心安地去自己都好滿意的KG讀, 只是前途上(中小學沒一條龍) 會較多挑戰.
好奇一問: you ...

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 09-1-22 21:44 |顯示全部帖子
Hi rtam,

You may find my responses concerning these schools in this link:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1696579&page=1#pid26623407

I am open to comment on them but frankly I don't want my personal comments to irritate other parents and causes any unnecessary arguments.  The final decision is very SUBJECTIVE, and CIRCUMSTANTIAL.  

A key reason that we choose SHCK, is because my elder daughter has inherited much of my talent naturally.  In school days, I suffered as the school works are not challenging and lost interest on studying after the first few years.  SH is known to be academically pushy within the school so I decided this will be a good place to study for her.  Of course, this cannot be done without my loving wife's help, whom gave up her teacher job, and devoted her time for the family!  Even though I believe my daughter can handle the school works herself, but it will be nice to know there are always one of the parents around to help her throughout the way.

Concerning how to handle your children's instinct, my suggestion is to listen to their preference, but as the parents, you need to help them to choose among their choices.  SHCK is not the only one my daughter likes.  As the parent, we need to help them since they may not know what will that leads them to the future.  So, don't just listen but need to balance the various options you have.

I hope this help!

Sincerely,

Ian

原帖由 rtam 於 09-1-22 19:00 發表
Hi ian,

Your daughter is so lucky because her father cares her so much.  She will be a very bright girl for sure.  If you don't mind, please PM me your comments or simply forward me your previous mes ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-1-22 21:46 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 09-2-5 18:35 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, it's the Sacred Heart uniform.  I bought it from another bk mom (thanks again!) so can let my anxious daughter to try on!  She is very happy, especially with the pink tie!  (But I have learned the ties will be in different colors for different classes)

原帖由 ericby 於 09-2-5 09:22 發表
May i ask which school uniform is the kid wearing in the picture??

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 09-2-6 16:47 |顯示全部帖子
Hi elmolly,

I am a bit reluctant to comment on the comparisons since I have already mentioned a lot in this and other threads.  Have you taken a look of what I said on page 5 of this thread, and the links I put which I commented in another thread?

One key point, which is truly the differences between these two kindergartens in respect of their future school path, is that most of spk students (and spn indeed) will eventually go to SPCS (primary) and SPCS.  But for SHCK, they have the direct route to SHCSPS (am) but SHCC is not guaranteed.  I believe majority of parents would prefer spk for this reason, but personally I don't.  I would rather keep my daughter in an environment while she needs to keep competitive and fight for a spot to get to SHCC.  If it works well, may even consider some better secondary schools if her result in SHCS is really outstanding.  This is really just my personal feelings.

Ian

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-2-5 22:56 發表
Ian,

SPK and SH are my target kgs for next year, can you please tell me the difference between them?

thanks a lot.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題