搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校教授的英語有否口音之分?
發新帖
查看: 2351|回覆: 0
go

國際學校教授的英語有否口音之分? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-17 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
I think "accent" is sort of personal liking.  Some would prefer the English (Oxford) accent, while some like the American one.  However, accent is not a unique thing in one's country.  Imagine the great variations of accent in the UK (I find Irish English a bit difficult at first) and those across the vast territory of the USA.  It may seem difficult, if not impossible, to have a school bound to provide a single accent of English, considering the nationalities of teachers involved.

Rather, I would prefer my kid to be exposed to an environment in which there is a rich mix of accents, so that the little kid has the broad horizon to get acquainted at an early stage.

The only concern parents may have is whether a certain prominent accent their kids would develop.  But it shouldn't be the case as long as it is not the one they don't like.

I remember my former colleague who is a Singaporean.  She joined the company after freshly graduating from the US.  She spoke very good English, but she told me that she had been teased by her local folks saying that "oh, you lost your Singaporean accent".

Kids are good linguists and as long as they are given the right environment (unless they study in local schools and are brought up under the local parents (HK accent) or a filippino maid (filippino accent), who knows).  I think some of you may have worried too much.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題