教育王國 討論區 國際學校 請問 RCHK 小學部家長
發新帖
查看: 17520|回覆: 9
go

請問 RCHK 小學部家長 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-2 12:37 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

My girl is studying in P2 at RCHK. The reason why I put my girl in RCHK is simple and typical. We are tired of the haphazard eduation system managed by our dear government officials.

We are new to ESF and are "third class citizen" in ESF priority. The establishment of RCHK has given us a chance to get "easier" access to ESF albeit the tuition fee is higher than other ESF. Actually, RCHK boasts that they want to nurture their students to be able to appreciate the novels written by 金庸 is a big draw for me.

I can accept that putting my girl in ESF her Chinese will not be as good as other local schools but if she can appreciate 金庸's novels that should be enough for her to manage her own life. Additionally, RCHK uses traditional Chinese character appeals to me. I hate simplified Chinese not because I can't read them but simplified Chinese is a brutal destruction of Chinese culture, espeically Chinese characters.

There are good and not so good teachers in RCHK, like other schools. But so far we appreciate the efforts made by the teaching staff in nurturing my girl. The Head of Primary Mr. Muller always organises seminars and briefing for parents. ESF also gives a hand to RCHK parents. Unfortunately, RCHK is going to miss the Prinicipal at its infant stage as Mr. Peter Kenny was head-hunted to Dubai after this academic year.

RCHK is a new school with no track record. You have to bear this in mind and to not to expect too much. But so far I am satisfied with the school and hope they can do better and better.

I cannot tell you more about it as I am not an active parent. Perhaps, some of the RCHK parents who have taken part in RAPT could share with you more insights.

Gong Xi Fa Cai !

Wingba

2#
發表於 09-2-4 16:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

Mandarin is the medium of instruction and my girl learned all the "pinyin" at P1 and the workload is minimal. So far she did three dictations. Each time covered about 10-12 words.

She also has to do one piece of reading on the internet and answer three questions everyday. It is a website developed by CUHK, I thought other local primary schools are also using it. She also got some writing exercise from time to time. The textbook she is using is the same as local P1. About one or two months ago she started to read a Chinese story book every week.

I send her to a Chinese tutorial school once a week. It's quite popular not only among IS students some local students are also attending the school. Besides, I also ask her to write diary everyday though she is writing less Chinese than English in her diary.

So far the Chinese lesson is okay but I don't mind more homework given out to her though.

Like you the only reason I sent her to RCHK is the value of Chinese otherwise I would have taken the offer from ESF Tsing Yi Kinder 4 years ago and enrol in SJS.

Hope the above helps in making up your decision.

Cheers,

3#
發表於 09-2-5 15:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

The Chinese tutorial school is called Society of Genesis. You may log on to their website to learn more about the classes:

www.societyofgenesis.com.hk

I am interested in learning more about the advice that the ESF teachers mentioned in your message on comparing RCHK and SJS. Could you also share with me so that I may "push" RCHK to further improve itself?

Cheers,

4#
發表於 09-2-6 09:13 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for sharing, Miclint.

I would also take this opportunity to ask other RC parents not to tak this comments too personal as RC is a new school I embrace the risk that involved in sending my girls there.

Other parents have already sent their feedbacks and they are reasonable and fair.

In HK's environment parents are always choose to play safe and it is nothing wrong with it. The comments that you shared should be taken as reference when we are talking to the school management how to make RCHK better and better.

SJS is indeed a very good school with proven track records. It sets the benchmark for RCHK to catch up with and there is nothing RCHK cannot do to move up to what SJS is now enjoying.

Let's strive for excellence with the school

原帖由 Miclint 於 09-2-5 15:57 發表
Dear all Parents:

I am happy to share what I heard but first of all let me make it clear that anything I am going to share here doesn't mean to offend any RC or pro-RC or other ESF parents. I myself  ...

5#
發表於 09-2-6 09:17 |顯示全部帖子
Dear JYFC,

I trust you got most of the answers from other RC parents.

As there are more than 80% of the students are local students you can hear cantonese everywhere. I used to ask my girl not to talk in cantonese so often but most of her classmates speak cantonese during break time, it doesn't worth it to make herself the odd one out.

Yet, as her class has students from Australia, Korea, Sri-Lanka and US and she always play with them the only effective means of communication is English so be it.

原帖由 JYFC 於 09-2-5 15:05 發表
Dear Wingba/ or other RC parents,
Since I don't know any students from RC, our information abt this school is very limited. Do you mind telling us a bit more about the school such as:

- how's the pro ...

6#
發表於 09-2-7 00:43 |顯示全部帖子
edexp

Perhaps I should apologize for asking Mclint to share the opinions he/she got from the teachers from SJS. I just want to know what things RC should learn from but seems like it has opened a can of worms.

By observing the writing style and the eagerness of your response to opposing opinions and the use of antagonistic words you seems like a BK fans with other names. If I am not wrong your child is studying in GSIS, right?

You did share some of your views in this thread but once being provoked you lost your temper and became wild. Take it easy, if you emphasised you have no bias towards RC or SJS then just say so plainly no need to use strong words. It doesn't help what you are looking for - rational discussion.

I can say I am the first one who submitted the application form of P1 two years ago. I took the risk of sending my girl to RCHK because the curriculum in Chinese appeals to me. You have your point of having an English language environment is facilitating to children learning how to use the language in daily lives. On the other hand the child will adjust themselves it is not necessary to force them to do so. As mentioned above when she is playing with non-local classmates the medium is English. As more and more non-local students are admitted to RC the situation may change gradually.

Stay cool and show respect to everyone posting here.

7#
發表於 09-2-7 18:33 |顯示全部帖子
Come on edexp, stay cool. From your response I can 100% sure you are the one who had used another name in another thread that stirred up hot debate.

I was amazed to read that you hadn't used any strong words. You may review your postings and check then.

I believe you are an excellent warrior with an adament desire to win without giving any inches. Yet, it doesn't have any rational discussion here.

I am not a Christian but the Bible says when you are judging people you might overlook the thorn inside your eyes.

I totally agree with you that we should not avoid opening up a can of worms. But what I am referring to was not the problem that RC is facing or identified by you but the unnecessary squirrels. As a RC parent I really appreciate someone else can identify the problems that I might have overlooked. As I have said you have your point but I have lots of reservations on your way of responsing. Take a deep breath before rebutting my posting, or simply ignore it and have a good weekend with you family.

Cheers,

原帖由 edexp 於 09-2-7 01:43 發表
Wingba,

Firstly I don't think I need to disclose any of my personal or my child information if I don't wish as it is totally not relevant to my views and opinion shared in BK.

"I just want to know w ...

8#
發表於 09-2-8 16:21 |顯示全部帖子
Ai..ya I was too dumb to have misspelt the word "squabble". Perhaps I am a bit too indulged in Disney's character Chip and Dale and used the word "squirrel" Sorry for the confusion folks.

原帖由 Wingba 於 09-2-7 18:33 發表
Come on edexp, stay cool. From your response I can 100% sure you are the one who had used another name in another thread that stirred up hot debate.

I was amazed to read that you hadn't used any stro ...

9#
發表於 09-2-8 16:46 |顯示全部帖子
Good Day Almon,

Thank you for your sharing and observation. I hope you can post more info. on RC in BK so that I can learn more.

As we cannot spare more time to join RAPT and other school functions we are afraid all we can do is to tell what we learned from our child as well as from the teachers from limited contacts.

I am also impressed by the accomplishment that RC has made in only 3 years time. I do agree with you that RC is definitely not the best school but it is getting better and better every day. I am satisfied with its Chinese curriculum and I am grateful to the efforts that the teaching staff have been contributing in helping parents to understand the school and its phlilosophy.

RC parents should share their views at BK, I totally agree

原帖由 almom 於 09-2-8 12:33 發表
I think many parents have always made a wrong assumption or have got some wrong impressions.

English is the main language at RC. There are rules at RC of the language they use during classes. Not tha ...

10#
發表於 09-2-10 14:17 |顯示全部帖子
I cannot give you a comprehensive answer as I don't know many of the parents in RCHK.

But I oberseve that students of RCHK come from all kinds of kinder, ESF, Boxhill, other Int'l kinder as well as local kinder as well.

My girl studied in local kinder with emphasis on English profciency. Don't worry too much, as long as you can train up your kind not to be afraid of communcating in English is should be okay in tackling the interview. So far studying in ESF kinders seems not to have an advantage over those nor ESF kinders kids. But things may change as more and more students are applying for RCHK. With the WKS kinder opening this year it may add another variable to the scene.

Cheers,

原帖由 肥騫 於 09-2-10 13:48 發表
Hi Oooray,

Thanks for your opinion.
Do you think English proficiency in Victoria is not good enough? Can you share more of your experience in Victoria? I'm going to apply Habour Heights Branch.

I'm  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題