搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 請問 RCHK 小學部家長
發新帖
樓主: Miclint
go

請問 RCHK 小學部家長 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-11 11:49 |顯示全部帖子
My girl is currently at Victoria K2 and got admitted to RC Y1. We are pretty happy with her English proficiency and really think that Victoria has done a great job overall (we do not have any supplementary classes for her). She can freely communicate with and is always willing to play with other native English speaking kids. Her English is at least on par, if not better than, those kids studying in some "self-acclaimed" international kingda or those famous for their English level.

However, her English is certainly not up to a native level. So I would agree with Oooray's comment that it is safer to put your kid into a "real" international kingda if you are so determined for the international stream. We put our girl into Victoria Kingda for reasons basically Oooray has already pointed out and we believe that VSA is also our good alternative (we don't like the spoon feeding type of education of tranditional schools regardless of their fame). VSA is one of the two fully accredited IB schools, along with RC at this moment, running PYP all the way to IBD. The weakness of VSA to us is that, despite its international perspective, it is lacking of a real international environment since its students are almost 100% local. Therefore, we would prefer RC over VSA but neverthelss, VSA is not a bad alternative to us at all. You should note that VSA no longer gaurantee a place for their Victoria kids and is no longer accepting outsiders since there were well over three hunderd applicants for the roughly 140? seats.

Victoria is well rounded, teachers are nice and kids are very happy there. It may not, however, suit you if you have a particular focus.        

原帖由 肥騫 於 09-2-10 13:48 發表
Hi Oooray,

Thanks for your opinion.
Do you think English proficiency in Victoria is not good enough? Can you share more of your experience in Victoria? I'm going to apply Habour Heights Branch.

I'm  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題