搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KCBK interview
發新帖
樓主: alunsweeney
go

KCBK interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-16 20:20 |顯示全部帖子
Probably this link of content may give you an insight to non-local school and to the point of view from non-locals.

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread128071.html

-QUOTED-
02-21-2009, 08:13 AM  pamelasweeney  

KBCK interview - good ?

-----------------------------------------

The interview of KBCK was started at 10:20 am and we were asked to join the free play with K1 students. Honestly speaking, I was very shocked to see the chaos because all toys were on the grounds. In the meantime, some students were reading in the reading corner whilst one helper was busy at making Curry Beef Triangles for students at the other corner. I asked the helper why she was making curry beef triangles and she told me that the topic of the day was triangles!

We walked out from the classroom and the corridor was even messier. Many toys were placing in different corners and some students were fighting. I spoke in Cantonese with Alan in a very low voice and three boys heard our conversation and they immediately pointed to us in
English by said that, "English, English, speak in English."!!!

The interview was conducted by the headmaster and one Chinese lady who spoke in fluent English. Joshua was asked to play toys with the headmaster and Alan was interviewed by the Chinese lady. The conversation was a relaxing one though!

Discipline was not seen in the school...anyone put their kid there and please give me some advice.

pamelasweeney
#2    02-21-2009, 09:00 AM  
carang  

first off...
i don't know what school you are referring to. or who ALAN is? is he a husband or another child?

secondly, it is not a bad thing for toys to be on the floor, my kids play with toys on the floor at home and at my playgroup.

thirdly, if it is free play, then it is for the children to decide what to play with.

fourth, what's wrong with making beef triangles if the topic is triangles? that seems rather imaginative, to me.

fifth, the interview SHOULD be relaxed! if you are trying to get your son into an english-speaking school, then of COURSE you should speak english!

other than the children having an arguement, i can't see it being a "fight", why was discipline in order? what do you think required it?

or is it the fact that the children weren't sitting neatly and quietly in desks doing worksheets that bothered you? what do you expect of a group of 4-5 year olds? (this is not being sarcastic, in case it reads that way, just truly curious.)

carang

-UNQUOTED-

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread128071.html

Kind regards,
Maria

2#
發表於 09-3-16 20:44 |顯示全部帖子
We got the acceptance letter from KBCK.

I'd like to share what I think.... to avoid any conflicts of interests, we have registered our child study in an international school on HK island.

As we observed and learnt from other parents of KBCK, the school carries a positive principle of being a church school - they respect what the child decide to do in their free time. Meanwhile they have a certain series of discipline like communicating in English as the only language, like tidying things up after use and play.

(In the goal of the school, KBCK is developing the child's self discipline, not discipling the child.)

The school has a strong belief in developing the child as a confident human being, I think, it is not the other local school can achieve most.

I also have been to ESF TY orientation night in TY in Jan 2009 - both schools' philosophy are the same thing .
It does not mean both ESF and KBCK  spoil the child but they respect what a chikld does and understand why he/ she does this. Assistance will be given to a child if the teacher thinks he/ she gets lost.....

In ESF you did not see the toys all over the floor as the tours were usually conducted after school hours, i.e. no more students there. Yes I admitted it 's clean as they have been tidied up by amah.

KBCK arranged the interview during school hours on purpose so that the parents can know about the real school life.

Anyway, good luck and best wishes to all of you (like me) in school hunting.

Kind regards,
Maria
‹ 上一主題|下一主題