搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 芬蘭教育成功之道
發新帖
查看: 2016|回覆: 2
go

芬蘭教育成功之道 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-4 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
Recently, I read a book called 沒有資優班 written by a Taiwan mum (Yolanda Chen).  It is compenhensive about education system in Finland.

I think the major problem here in Hong Kong is the obstruction/ interference from the government.  In Finland, teachers are respected and have freedom to teach.  They will design programme according to the need of the students.

Many issues mentioned in the book indeed can be borrowed.

2#
發表於 09-2-5 13:00 |顯示全部帖子
The most impressive part about Finland education system is that they really can provide quality education on an equal basis.  Every kid, no matter what his background is, can receive good education.  They are provided with good quality textbooks, transport from remote area, and even lunch, completely out of government funds.  

Most parents' attitide here in Hong Kong is that the majority want their kid to learn faster than the others.  This is very different from those in Finland.  They suggest "No one left behind".  The end result of Finland education system is encouraging.  Parents here should think or re-think whether this approach works.

3#
發表於 09-2-5 18:25 |顯示全部帖子
I totally agree with this point.  In one way or another, we are trying to put our kid in better school which employs teachers with higher qualification.  However it's done at a price.  We no longer enjoy free education.

One thing our government can borrow from Finland is to encourage kids to develop reading habit.

原帖由 papa_pop 於 09-2-5 14:36 發表
In today's Metro, the columnist highlighted the differences in teacher's training and social status in Finland compared to that in other countries (western countries included).  I reckon it may be the ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題