搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Path to ESF
發新帖
查看: 8934|回覆: 3
go

Path to ESF [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-17 09:42 |顯示全部帖子
Of course TT as its English environment should be much better than Victoria.

Victoria itself is never an international kinder.  If ESF is your target, I guess it is better to look for a "real" international kinder.

Of course, if you are considering the chance for interview, ESF kinder must be over the others because of the ESF "category" policy.

原帖由 Flower-kid 於 09-2-16 19:18 發表
My son is 14 months old now, and I want him to enter ESF.
To plan his path to ESF, I have two options of nursery/kindergarten: 1. Victoria Int’l Kindergarten (Tin Hou).
2. Tutor Time 多多.
My catchme ...
:-D :-D :-D :-D

2#
發表於 09-2-18 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
1) Of course you can apply DBSPD, SP Co-ed, etc, at P1 if you choose TT or ESF.  The only concern is whether your child's Chinese level is up to their standard. I would not say impossible but just difficult.

2) I strongly recommend Small World Christian Kindergarten as it is a great  kinder with passionate teachers and staff.  Most (of course not all!) kids go to IS afterwards, namely ESF primary schools, FIS, GSIS, HKIS.

3#
發表於 09-2-18 10:57 |顯示全部帖子
Really minimal Chinese is taught in SWCK.  Frankly speaking, it is not realistic to expect Chinese teaching from an IS.  The so-called daily Mandarin lessons offered by some IS kinder may be good enough for "gwei-lo" but sure not for Chinese families.

I have no idea of SWCK admission policy.  We just applied and got accepted.  Better call them to have further details.

原帖由 meipo28 於 09-2-18 10:10 發表
502, I heard a lot of good words about SWCK.  May I know what is their admission policy?  Would it be similar to ESF kinder?  Would it give priority to non Chinese speaking kids?  And do you know is C ...

4#
發表於 09-2-18 12:31 |顯示全部帖子
Honesting speaking, except for the interview priority, I don't think ESF kinder is value for money.  

原帖由 popolung 於 09-2-18 12:27 發表

ESF Kinder only has 1 hour Mandarin Class weekly....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題