用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Bad economy! Give up international school path??
發新帖
查看: 1365|回覆: 0
go

Bad economy! Give up international school path?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-4 11:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Chewy 於 09-3-3 15:23 發表
Thank you all you advises.
I totally understand the good side of the IS education. The question i rasied is if u or your husband suddenly lost the job? what will u do? whats your contigency plan?  

I think most people have their own little private "wallet" keeping their money or assets. Some own extra properties (besides the house they live in); some have their money put in stocks, bonds, funds, etc; some just put them as fixed savings; some even "invest" in Rolexes or diamonds, etc. Everyone should always have put some money away as savings, in whatever forms you prefer.

During this hard time, if you have not much of savings, I would say that you are really on the very brink, even if you are talking about local school education. Do not forget that even with local school, you need to pay for lots of other expanses, like text books, tutors, etc. And, in fact, DSS or private schools in Hong Kong are not exactly free. Chances are that, even if you did not choose an international school, you might end up choosing a school that you have to pay for the school fees anyway.

So, if unluckily, you really lost your job, you need to rely on the reserve that you have been putting aside during the past years. This is not only true for international school parents.

It is hard to say how well-off a person should be, to be "qualified" for even considering international schools education. Different families have their own philosophy in handling and managing their money. However, if you find it really hard to chip in that amount of money every month, and you have the feeling of insecurity (financially), then you might want to really re-organise your finance first. The worst of life is not the actually financial difficulties, but the constant feeling of being financially insecure.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-3-4 11:42 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題