用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 幸運(苦惱)的一群,聖心和聖保祿都收,點揀? ...
樓主: iantsang
go

幸運(苦惱)的一群,聖心和聖保祿都收,點揀? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-3-5 09:49 |只看該作者
除了學校位置與交通的考慮外, 無論師資/升學配套/設備, 我覺得兩間幼園都是極優的

我最想知道的反而是:

兩間幼園的小學, 一間是中文小學, 分上下午校, 一間是全日制英文小學, 除了是中文/英文教授外, 還有那點不同?

22#
發表於 09-3-5 10:03 |只看該作者
I shared the same thought with you so I prefer PM to AM.  Indeed that really depends on the family situation.

原帖由 Rary 於 09-3-5 00:57 發表
Just surfed by.

When I applied for my kid, at first I preferred am, but eventually she was assigned to a pm class.  Then I found that there are also advantages for pm class, and that is since both my ...

23#
發表於 09-3-5 10:15 |只看該作者
Criteria to be considered (as suggested by parents):

(1) AM or PM session offered;
(2) Causeway bay vs Central/Western District
(3) English Medium Primary vs Chinese Medium Primary
(4) Whole day Primary vs Half day primary
(5) School fee (KG and Primary)

What else need to be concerned?

醒目開學勳章

24#
發表於 09-3-5 11:15 |只看該作者
Hi Rary, thank you so much for your sharing of personal experience.  I think the economy and society has changed in such a great deal, many of the old beliefs don't quite work the same way as it used to.

In the old time, I guess the family mixture may be a bit different.  Some mothers will stay home and take care of children full-time, and even if both parents need to work, the working hours are not as long as it is nowadays.  As you mentioned, if both parents come home at 8pm, it will be almost bed time for the kids if they need to go to AM class.

For me, precious time to spend with the children, is very important to the development of the children.  Personally, I think it is more important than anything else, besides good health.  Don't you think?

原帖由 Rary 於 09-3-5 00:57 發表
Just surfed by.

When I applied for my kid, at first I preferred am, but eventually she was assigned to a pm class.  Then I found that there are also advantages for pm class, and that is since both my ...

醒目開學勳章

25#
發表於 09-3-5 11:19 |只看該作者
Hi bobo_wong2006,

Thanks for the comment and I think most people will agree with you that both are excellent kindergartens.

The down side is when you get "too lucky", then it becomes very difficult to choose in between, since you can only choose one...... and they are both good, but also very different.  Seriously, no idea which one is eventually better......

原帖由 bobo_wong2006 於 09-3-5 08:34 發表
Dear parents,

Actually, both SH and SPK are excellent schools.  Those parents should be proud of their kids' achievement.  AM or PM won't be much matter so long as the kids can get into the schools,  ...

醒目開學勳章

26#
發表於 09-3-5 11:30 |只看該作者
Thanks kyliejet for adding to the list, please don't mind I added some supporting info for other parents to be aware of.

(3) English Medium Primary vs Chinese Medium Primary (Both Secondary sections are EMI)
(4) Whole day Primary vs Half day primary (AM is Private and PM is Gov't Aided)
(5) School fees (KG and Primary)
(6) Spaciousness of the kindergarten
(7) Same or different locations with Primary and Secondary sections
(8) Teachers' friendliness and attitudes towards parents and children

Any more suggestions?  Please help to build on the list.

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-3-5 10:15 發表

(3) English Medium Primary vs Chinese Medium Primary
(4) Whole day Prim ...

27#
發表於 09-3-5 11:32 |只看該作者
HI 各位...
在此~真係要讚一下一位我好欣賞的父親 ( Mr.Ian )
佢真係好細心~好努力為女兒安排一切~做您女兒真幸福呀

以下是我個人意見 :
講真...我覺得各有各好
最重要睇下家長如何配合
以家庭教育為重
因為小孩子最受既..除左朋輩..老師..就係父母影響
你想子女成皇成鳳...
一定要做好多功夫
我覺得除左學術...
其實品德真係要行先
身教最為重要
最後~其實選擇任何一間幼稚園都好~請別指意佢入到名校就一定好~一定叻~子女既將來~有賴父母們的教育及栽培的,我們要用心~好好的教育下一代。

多謝各位容許小妹在此分享~~

28#
發表於 09-3-5 11:39 |只看該作者
Ian,

Actually, you have opened an interesting discussion topic.  

There may not be any criterias and most of the time, we make decisions based on our 'feelings' or 'impulse'.  If you ask yourself why you marry your wife or why you like your girl, it may not be easy to list out the criterias.  Everything has both bright and dark sides.  

Cheers

29#
發表於 09-3-5 11:41 |只看該作者
mmmng,

I totally agree with you on 最後~其實選擇任何一間幼稚園都好~請別指意佢入到名校就一定好~一定叻~子女既將來~有賴父母們的教育及栽培的,我們要用心~好好的教育下一代
No matter which schools we send our kids to, it's still very long, long way for both parents and kids.

30#
發表於 09-3-5 11:49 |只看該作者
Hi iantsang,

If I were you, I will go.  Reasons behind are:
- even your girl is not a big one born at beginning of the year, she seems quite mature based on your description so far.
- if you won't go, she got no chance next year as she's born in Aug (next year should be for those born Sep 2006 to Dec 2007 if I not mistaken).
- in case touch wood she can't catch up, there could be chance to repeat there (anyone know the school policy on that?)
- the connected Primary school is a dream one: English Medium and Whole day (that's the reason I long struggled between St. Clare's and SH)
- the connected Secondary school seems having a bit higer reputation (and academic) than SH
  (but the secondary school location of SH and St. Clare's are good as far from those attractive places like karaoke and shopping malls).

Just my 2 cents.

31#
發表於 09-3-5 11:54 |只看該作者
聖心小學私立部是上午班的, 下午班是資助的 (小一至小四) 小五及小六是全日班, 若要考慮當上小一時要是私立部的話, 一定係上午班, 要留意上午班上課時間是很早的 ...

32#
發表於 09-3-5 11:54 |只看該作者
Yes. This is a very interesting topic.

I think the criteria listed above are for reference only, in case you don't have any ideas or preferences of them.

I agree the feelings and impulse towards the school is very important too.

[ 本帖最後由 kyliejet 於 09-3-5 12:03 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

33#
發表於 09-3-5 13:03 |只看該作者
Thanks mmmng for the compliment and appreciation, but it's very embarrassing though.    I strongly agree with you 品德 and 身教 is very important.  That's also why I think these leave to the parents' commitment and I mean lots of sacrifices......

Also, you are right about the famous schools really have no special tricks, their best shot is to select the children and parents who share the same philosophy and expectations like they do, and most of the time it relies on the teachers and parents to work together.  There are no magic.  It's only because they are famous, so they have more parents and children to choose from, and can be very selective.

Thanks to the active feedbacks from bobo_wong2006 and kyliejet.  I have been long waiting to put up such discussion since I think this will become a very interesting one.  The main purpose is to help those parents who may not have a preference already and help to list out some reference criteria for them to consider.  Even for those of us who already have a preference, there may be something that we have missed and can take this opportunity to consider based on more information.

I hope this help and hopefully there are more valuable inputs from parents which can be used to bring up our children!

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-3-5 13:09 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 09-3-5 13:15 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Since your daughter is very mature, I have a strong feeling that she will get a place from SP.
I also feel that even you prefer SH, there is a voice inside you.. calling you to go to SP; otherwise, you don’t have to be so struggle now.  Hard to decide right?
I agree with what other parents said our decision is not totally rational, it is talking about the feeling, impression, experience… When I talked to my husband about SP, his memory would start to go back to the good old days… the SP girls he met in U… he would start to smile and tell me about his feeling (then I know those girls must be talent, and charming…  hee hee).
So don’t forget to share your result here immediately around Mar 18.

[ 本帖最後由 rtam 於 09-3-5 14:15 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

35#
發表於 09-3-5 13:40 |只看該作者
Hi mansumbb,

I thought our daughters will be schoolmates in SHCK?  Are you also waiting for results from SPK?

Thanks very much for your inputs but my considerations and preferences may be slightly different with yours so that affect my choice.

In fact I never treat my daughter as a small B, with the exception of the interview with Pui Ching since their age range is Sep 2005 to Aug 2006, and my daughter suddenly become a very small b.  So, I never have the headache as many small b parents have on whether to apply again next year.

In our case, we happen to prefer primary school using local dialet (Cantonese) as medium of instruction so our preference goes to SHCK and SHCSPS.  It's a long story to tell on the rationale behind so I am not going to bore you with it.

Ian

原帖由 mansumbb 於 09-3-5 11:49 發表
Hi iantsang,

If I were you, I will go.  Reasons behind are:
- even your girl is not a big one born at beginning of the year, she seems quite mature based on your description so far.
- if you won't go ...

醒目開學勳章

36#
發表於 09-3-5 14:15 |只看該作者
Hi rtam,

Thanks for the good wish but the fact was we had a little accident on our way to the SPK interview that morning, so that was a sub-par performance for all of us.  Could be good or bad, and that's the reason why I think we need to apply to more kindergartens just in case any unexpected can happen!  A note to parents of 2007 babies!

Have you notice my daughter is wearing the SHCK uniform already?  The consensus in our family, is we like SHCK the most.  But there are factors in SPK which are also worth considering so I had the moments of doubt.  But I am fine now and just like to take this opportunity to help myself to explore any factors which I may have missed.  And also,hope to help other parents to make a choice that fits their family more.

Good luck to you and your family!
(and yes, I am aware the SPCS girls are talented and pretty, since I know many of them in secondary school)  

Ian

原帖由 rtam 於 09-3-5 13:15 發表
Hi Ian,

Since your daughter is very mature, I have a strong feeling that she will get a place from SP.
I also feel that even you prefer SH, there is a voice inside you.. calling you to go to SP; oth ...

37#
發表於 09-3-5 16:44 |只看該作者
兩間都係好學校,上下午班都冇問題,最大問題係邊間近自己住所,要坐成粒幾鐘至番到學,幾好都係假!

38#
發表於 09-3-5 16:47 |只看該作者
Chance for my small girl to SPK is so low that our family dedicated to SH already.  Yeah, our girls are coming year SH K1 PM schoolmates but just difference classes.  

Since you're considering SPK, I really don't know I should say "Looking forward to seeing you guys in the school" or not.

Anyway, wish you could make a happy decision.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-3-5 13:40 發表
Hi mansumbb,

I thought our daughters will be schoolmates in SHCK?  Are you also waiting for results from SPK?

Thanks very much for your inputs but my considerations and preferences may be slightly d ...

39#
發表於 09-3-5 18:41 |只看該作者
起香港區兩間学校都非常好,学業成績真係冇得比較,亦無謂比較...

我細個個時,兩間学校都讀過,如果再問我,作為'"学生"自身來說,我会揀SP(好個人的),因為SP成套校服都好靚...SH,件夏季校服白色,又簿,對女仔吾好,而且d頭飾又要規定紅色,真係好悶,吾鍾意紅色就...!!! SP間校舍又比SH好好多...

今年,我都有幫阿囡報了好多間,最尾都有考SP.而SH報了但最終都冇去考,如果真的考不上SP,好大機会就揀聖大上午...有冇家長好似我咁樣揀学校...
妹妹豬 齊來做個好朋友)

40#
發表於 09-3-5 19:08 |只看該作者
I'm also one of the nervous mom waiting for the result of SPK. Like zitaeric said, SPK is my first choice since I was grown up there for more than 16 years and it's like a second home for me.  SCHK is also a good school as a whole and my girl already got a pm offer there. So now I feeling very excited and nervous of the result coming out as I heard some of the moms already got the offer letter from SPK.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題