用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 幸運(苦惱)的一群,聖心和聖保祿都收,點揀? ...
樓主: iantsang
go

幸運(苦惱)的一群,聖心和聖保祿都收,點揀? [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

41#
發表於 09-3-5 21:29 |只看該作者
Hi zitaeric, I agree with you that "学業成績真係冇得比較,亦無謂比較..."  Both schools have very good academic results and these things will vary year by year, why bother?

I have heard from other parents who also prefer SPK because of their uniform!  Yes, I agree the whole set looks very smart indeed.  However, my daughter loves the pink tie of SHCK very much, and red hair dressings are what she is using.  So, I guess we are neutral.  Let me add this factor to the list, for fun or serious, be the judge of your own!  

原帖由 zitaeric 於 09-3-5 18:41 發表
起香港區兩間学校都非常好,学業成績真係冇得比較,亦無謂比較...

我細個個時,兩間学校都讀過,如果再問我,作為'"学生"自身來說,我会揀SP(好個人的),因為SP成套校服都好靚...SH,件夏季校服白色,又簿,對女仔吾好,而且d ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-3-5 21:32 編輯 ]

42#
發表於 09-3-5 23:39 |只看該作者
Hi tokkibb,

I am happy to meet a SPK alumni here.  我有個心結,望你可幫我打開...it's about SPCS.  Long long time ago when I was a S5 graduate, one day I went into SPCS to ask for a form (I couldn't remember what sort of thing I was going to apply, not a place in S6 for sure).  I met a Sister (likely the Principal) at the door of the School Office, I said politely "execuse me, may I..." I didn't even finish that question, that Sister then yelled at me madly "YOU!  GET OUT OF MY SIGHT NOW!".  I then ran away quickly without turning back at all.  Since then, I never visited this school until now I applied SPK for my daughter.  My question is "was it just a particular case only?  Perhaps Sister was not feeling well at that moment... I trust that Sister treated her students very well always".  To be honest, even now, that scary feeling can't never go away.  So do you mind to share a bit your good old days so that I know that was a particular case only, I shouldn't mind at all.
(please execuse me for telling my own story here)      

原帖由 tokkibb 於 09-3-5 19:08 發表
I'm also one of the nervous mom waiting for the result of SPK. Like zitaeric said, SPK is my first choice since I was grown up there for more than 16 years and it's like a second home for me.  SCHK is ...

43#
發表於 09-3-6 10:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 rtam 於 09-3-5 23:39 發表
Hi tokkibb,

I am happy to meet a SPK alumni here.  我有個心結,望你可幫我打開...it's about SPCS.  Long long time ago when I was a S5 graduate, one day I went into SPCS to ask for a form (I couldn't re ...

我覺得既然已經過去就唔好記住, 人生應該將快樂留比自己, 試下放開吧.
學寫blog, 學影相, 學做體貼的爸爸.
----------------------------------------
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hknl32
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hknl32
----------------------------------------

醒目開學勳章

44#
發表於 09-3-6 12:53 |只看該作者
Hi rtam,

Consider you have such bad experience, you are already a very good mother to go back to the school again for your daughter.

Well, my assumption is the sister was probably there with a duty so she wouldn't want to be disturbed.  Some people use languages that are more direct and forward so I agree with the other mom that you should just let it go.  Don't let it bother you.  You are doing very good already!

Ian

原帖由 rtam 於 09-3-5 23:39 發表
Hi tokkibb,

I am happy to meet a SPK alumni here.  我有個心結,望你可幫我打開...it's about SPCS.  Long long time ago when I was a S5 graduate, one day I went into SPCS to ask for a form (I couldn't re ...

45#
發表於 09-3-6 14:14 |只看該作者
Hi no.32 & Ian,
非常感激你們的安慰。或許是我太保護女兒,怕她會受到類似的傷害 (當時我年紀小,向來乖乖,加上只有我一人面對,所以很是害怕) ,但我一直估計這只是個別事件,我很尊敬這校及喜歡她所教養的學生,所以的確要衝破一點心理障礙及恐懼才能為女兒上路。做了父母後,為了孩子,真是甚麽也會硬著頭皮去。

醒目開學勳章

46#
發表於 09-3-6 15:07 |只看該作者
Hi rtam, hope you don't mind if I said a little bit too much, but this is being said whole-heartedly.  Please don't be too protective to your children if you love and care about them.  I know this is hard to do, but this is good for them to face more difficulties and even failures in their young age, and allow the parents to be there for them, and to support them through those processes, then both themselves and the family bond can grow!

I wish you all the best!  And please forgive me for saying too much.

Ian

原帖由 rtam 於 09-3-6 14:14 發表
Hi no.32 & Ian,
非常感激你們的安慰。或許是我太保護女兒,怕她會受到類似的傷害 (當時我年紀小,向來乖乖,加上只有我一人面對,所以很是害怕) ,但我一直估計這只是個別事件,我很尊敬這校及喜歡她所教養的學生,所以的確要衝破 ...

47#
發表於 09-3-6 16:26 |只看該作者
Hi rtam,

Just surfed by, as there are good schools everywhere in HK, Kowloon and even in the NT, I think it's not a big deal not applying to spk when you say you have to "打開心結" and all that... Afterall, I believe you daughter can do no worse in any other schools than in spk.

Just my two cents, 唔啱聽唔好打頭.

[ 本帖最後由 chu__chu 於 09-3-6 16:32 編輯 ]
我們的天父,願你的名受顯揚,願你的國來臨,願你的旨意奉行在人間,如同在天上.求你今天賞給我們日用的食糧,求你寬恕我們的罪過,如同我們寬恕別人一樣.不要讓我們陷於誘惑,但救我們免於凶惡.亞門.

48#
發表於 09-3-6 19:07 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

是的是的!就讓女兒去闖她的一片天,自己學習面對困難,我實在不應太緊張。

Hi Chu_chu,
或許是我太婆媽吧,把包伏放底就可以了。:loveliness:

49#
發表於 09-3-7 23:28 |只看該作者
Hi rtam,
       Sorry for the late reply. I guess yours is just an exceptional case and please don't bear that in mind. In my memories, teachers and sisters are nice in most cases if you haven't done anything wrong. So I guess it was just an accident and wipe it off from your memories. May I know are you talking about the primary or secondary?

50#
發表於 09-3-8 12:20 |只看該作者

提議揀聖保祿-資料如下

聖保祿學校係好勁架!

我自己係spcs讀緊!

但我以下所講既野絕對唔係偏幫自己學校!

我而家中一,以前係讀軒尼詩道官立上午小學!

軒尼詩係bps既聯繫小學,而我以前考全級第一都冇入番bps,

因為spcs係好過bps!英文勁過bps好多!因為聖保祿學校(小學部)係英文小學!

其他科都好好,但唔代表bps係差!

bps都係band 1 top 女校,但始終唔夠st.paul 勁.

spcs差唔多年年會考既整體合格率都係100%,而bps係98.5%

邊個話spcs冇出過去10A? 06年就出過,唔信既話可以去呢D網睇下!

http://paper.wenweipo.com/2006/08/10/HK0608100022.htm

http://education.atnext.com/form5_form7/index.cfm?fuseaction=Form5.Article&issueID=20060810&articleID=6206718

06既仲有23位同學中六提早入大學,而bps有12-13個左右!

07年spcs都有15個!

聖保祿學校d女仔好囂,尼d人間間學校都有啦!

你不如話拔萃女書院d人囂!?

講番正題,bps係東區最好既中學,而spcs係灣仔區最好既女校!

spcs收個d外來生差唔多全部都係自己間學校考全級第一!

我入左之後d成績就差左好多,因為學校整體成績勁.

bps參加派位,所以會有d人好彩入到,

spcs唔參加派位,所以收生有保証,st. paul既kindergarten,同primary section既收生都好嚴格,中一同小一同nursery時收生,其他級唔收外來生,小學只收外藉人士,

學校由小四開始有法文班,我依家呢班就有8-10個外籍人士.

bps好好,但spcs整體上是好一些!

可以去bps和spcs的校網同小學,中學討論區看看,你會發覺成績是spcs好些.

但給人的感覺是bps校風好一些,spcs也不差,但成績方面係spcs勁一些.

而事實是確實如此,但spcs校風都不差

我只是說出自己的意見,如有得罪請原諒.
參考資料 我,依家係bps就讀的小學同學

• 2008-01-27 14:56:03 補充 聖保祿學校年年都有同學被選為香港傑出學生,好多時都唔止一個,
    但庇理羅士就唔係
    今年既香港傑出學生協會10個會員有3個都係spcs既,
    其中一個仲係會長.
    而bps只有一個會員
    唔信既話去呢個網睇下
    http://www.osa.org.hk/
  • 2008-01-27 14:58:12 補充 我地學校係英文同學術方面都有得同dgs fight
  • 2008-01-27 15:04:51 補充 聖保祿學校(小學部)好勁,
    聽我d同學講今年有成10個人左右入左dgs
    and聖保祿學校今年係第154週年,
    而BPS係第118週年,歷史SPCS係耐過BPS既.
    仲有SPCS有法文學,會考法文係100%合格.
    仲有BPS中一D學位多數被政府小學霸佔
    因為BPS有成3-4間聯繫小學,而政府小學又都係中文小學,
    所以係SPCS好D

51#
發表於 09-3-8 23:31 |只看該作者
Hi Tokkibb,

What a relief!  Thanks a lot for your positive reply.  It's happened in the secondary school.  But it doesn't matter la.  I know that it was not the school cultural, it's just an accident.  I will forget this scene and won't let it mess up my present.
:) Hope you receive good news next week.

原帖由 tokkibb 於 09-3-7 23:28 發表
Hi rtam,
       Sorry for the late reply. I guess yours is just an exceptional case and please don't bear that in mind. In my memories, teachers and sisters are nice in most cases if you haven't done ...

醒目開學勳章

52#
發表於 09-3-14 13:27 |只看該作者
I am very much hesitated to put on this post but I am in the position to provide my own personal comments as a parent, on how we evaluate a school which is considered "suitable" for our children.

First, I must express my appreciation to the daughter of 澄心媽媽 for providing us such detail personal comments of SPCS.  Congratulations for being a student at SPCS and I sincerely believe it is as excellent a school as you have described.

However, hope you don't mind but I would like to provide some support information for other parents to consider.

A direct comparison between a public/ government aided & a direct subsidized secondary school, basing on academic or English standard would be an unfair one.  I am sure SPCS is a secondary school with a long history of high quality academic & English standard, and I am pretty sure no ones should deny it.

However, the issue here is that a DSS school administrates their own admission and the school itself has the right to choose EVERY SINGLE students to be admitted.  Moreover, a DSS school would have much more freedom on their own curriculum and teaching style, while public/ government aided schools would be controlled by Education Bureau.

For the case of public/ government aided schools, they are only allowed to pick 30% of their overall admission.  The remaining 70%, will be coming from their connected primary school (which are using CMI), and other students from Band 1 or even Band 2.

One point I must stress is the change of 5 bands to 3 bands, was intended to mix together better students with different level of academic standards.  As a result, this is a common issue with ANY public/ government aided schools to have admitted students which would be in lower academic standard than they used to encountered.  It is because students who used to be in Band 3 & 4, may be part of the current Band 2 nowadays.

So, please be fair and considerate to teachers of public/ government subsidized schools.  For them to still manage 98.5% passing rate (according to your suggestion) in BPS, is a much much more difficult task than having 100% in SPCS.  The key is the differences in quality of students being admitted.  Thanks to their efforts and caring that have been given to the students to make them contribute to the society, and academic result is not the only consideration.  Of course, the teachers in SPCS should also be honored with their efforts to keep a 100% passing rate, since it is also a very difficult task.

So, which school is better?  As I mentioned in other threads before, there are really no need to compare for the purpose of which is better.  It is because there will never be an absolute winner, and never should since all schools are different in various dimensions.  As parents, we need to know what is best (most suitable) for our own children only.

So as the purpose of this thread, is to provide criteria to be considered during the comparison, but not to make a subjective suggestion of which one is necessarily better.  All children are different, and the world would be too simple otherwise.

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-3-15 20:54 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

53#
發表於 09-3-16 11:11 |只看該作者

HKCEE & HKAL results

Dear all parents,

You may refer to the following links for these kindergarten's secondary section's HKCEE results:

SPCS HKCEE * HKAL results
http://ihouse.hkedcity.net/~sp1400/prospectus.pdf
(Thanks to Ms.ChanChan for the help to find this)

SHCC HKCEE & HKAL results
http://www.shcc.edu.hk/info/061107aa.pdf

Both have very good passing rate but SPCS's result is better in overall.

For your information, I constantly update any new info to my first page so all the criteria will be updated there.  Please check it out.

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-3-16 11:13 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

54#
發表於 09-3-16 11:42 |只看該作者
up

[ 本帖最後由 weisscarton 於 09-6-25 23:29 編輯 ]

55#
發表於 09-3-16 14:23 |只看該作者
"2004/2/16
根據星島日報 St Paul Convent 是 9/2004 轉直資,應該仲未有轉直資後會考成績,根據這篇報導津校年代每年都有40-60位學生經派位入讀."

Correct, the 1st year's DSS students are going to attend the HKCEE this coming May.  So all the published HKCEE results were for students of SPCS when she was still a subsidized school.  I don't really want to compare the schools' public examinations' results, it is not too meaningful.  However, I would say that if you count on SPCS's good academic performance as a result of being a DSS school, it probably is not too fair.

醒目開學勳章

56#
發表於 09-3-17 11:14 |只看該作者
Great news for us!  Not accepted by SPK, wait-listed only.

So, can settle with Sacred Heart!

Good luck to you all!

57#
發表於 09-3-17 11:20 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Have you received the letter?  I also guess we can receive letters today as I noticed it's games day today for SPK and the letters possibly sent out yesterday.

So nervous!  You can also completely set your heart to SH.

醒目開學勳章

58#
發表於 09-3-17 11:43 |只看該作者
Hi Kpang,

Yes, I got the letter at 11:00am this morning.  The color of the letter is yellow, and it is for wait-listed.

I'm glad for this result, would be the best for the family and now can set our heart completely to SHCK!

Ian

原帖由 Kpang 於 09-3-17 11:20 發表
Hi Ian,

Have you received the letter?  I also guess we can receive letters today as I noticed it's games day today for SPK and the letters possibly sent out yesterday.

So nervous!  You can also comp ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題