搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Shall I choose SIS?
發新帖
查看: 1266|回覆: 1
go

Shall I choose SIS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-8 14:21 |顯示全部帖子
I used to live in Singapore.  This is actually in their mentality.  Just like they asked for a hefty fee for receiving an application form for immigration back in 1997.  Singapore is a small island surrounded by less-developed Malaysia and Indonesia.  This does enhanced their distorted view of the world as a whole.  Asking for 2000 dollars for an interview is basically a wipe off.  This act does reflect the school's attitude toward students, simply a money-making machine.  SIS actually was on my list before because of its emphasis on English and Chinese.  However, until I heard that a third grader couldn't speak good English I dropped the hope for that.  However, if you do plan to move to Singapore at a later date, this would be a good choice because of its continuity in Singapore education.

2#
發表於 09-3-9 14:13 |顯示全部帖子
Don't write off SIS.  

This is one of the best schools that truly offer the combination of Chinese and English environment for your child to foster.  I have to admire Lee Kwan Yiu for his foresight and persistence in bringing Singapore out of the dump and into the first world.  If only HK or China can have someone a little close to Lee's wisdom, then we don't need to send our children to IS.  Best of luck!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題