用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Want help? Not being accepted by ESF?
發新帖
查看: 5618|回覆: 8
go

Want help? Not being accepted by ESF? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-10 18:54 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son's now studying K2 in ESF Kinder and had passed his interview. However, he has been placed on the waitlist.... Does any parent have the same case with me? I haven't applied for other IS yet, any good suggestion? Am I too late to apply for the others? Please help!!! Thanks.

King'sMom
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-3-11 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
He's now in SW ESF, and on waitlist of Kennedy ESF.

King'sMom

3#
發表於 09-3-11 10:56 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 502 於 09-3-11 10:14 發表
Any idea why he is on the waiting list?

My son has joined ESF kinder for K2 only, also he is in Cat 2. I think this is the main reason.

King'sMom

4#
發表於 09-3-11 11:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-11 10:31 發表
I heard some ESF primary schools are starting to interview waiting list students, including some in Cat 2. So may have to be patience, of course you need to look for alternative too, hope it's not a b ...

I have already sent them an email for requesting a place, however they said it's unlikely to have for him starting Aug09.

Can any parents give some idea on good IS? Thanks...

5#
發表於 09-3-11 12:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 JYFC 於 09-3-11 11:32 發表
Is your child a year-end BB? Sometimes, the ESF primary will offer the kids to stay for K3 in ESF KG for the younger ones.  

But whether the child can stay for k3 is solely decided by the primary sch ...

His class teacher said he can't stay for K3 as he is a "big" boy.

6#
發表於 09-3-11 15:43 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-11 11:10 發表
Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2 student?

In last 2 days, some Cat 2 students and studying in ESF KG have received call from the school and check if they can accept to go another ESF primary school instead of  ...

Thanks for your advice, Kcpapa. My child is in Cat 2. I have already checked if I can apply for another ESF, but the answer is NO. They said it's the ESF policy that I cannot apply for more than one ESF shools. Do you know is it case?

7#
發表於 09-3-11 15:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 emmamay 於 09-3-11 14:59 發表
Why don't you try to stay in Woodland (pokfulam) for another term. I knew some kids  staying one more term and join Kennedy school on January term. Woodland has good relationship with ESF.

One of my  ...

Thanks for your advice, emmamay. This is exactly what I want to do today. I'll check with Woodland about the availability of getting in their P1. Actually, I did call the Deputy of Principal but the answer is negative. As far as I know, they have more than 100 applicants on the waitlist.

8#
發表於 09-3-12 12:26 |顯示全部帖子
Have chat with my child's class teacher today and she says my child is at the bottom of the waitlist. She has also mentioned that one of their students with 2 years at SW Kinder is also on the waitlist too. So for those parents who want to send their children to ESF Primary have to be cleared that not all of ESF Kinder students can be allocated a place at ESF Primary. She suggests me to try other IS like Starters, Small World or Kiangsu & Chekiang. The class teacher is so kind and helpful. But unfortunately, she can't do much for us at this stage...as the list is really long. She says other ESF Primary may call the waitlist if they still have places. I think Quarry Bay is the one with less competitive. My favourite shool, Kennedy is too hot this year..as it covers too large allocation zone, starting from Mid-levels to Western District like Belchers, Bel-Air....Anyway, I hope I can find one IS for my child eventually.

Never think about it is so difficult to find an IS as same as local schools.

9#
發表於 09-3-12 14:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 OKmom 於 09-3-12 13:10 發表
King's mom,

Sorry to hear your case.....You mentioned that even a kid who has been in ESF kindy for 2 yrs failed to get a P.1 seat, may I know which ESF primary school did he apply for? And, did your ...

OKmom,

I haven't asked them further. She just said that student has passed the interview but is on the waitlist.

I just have a chat with other International Kindergarten about my case and they said it's too strange for ESF to pass my child's interview but not to give him any places for Primary. This is not their way to handling the applications. I believe they have made some mistakes on processing the applications this year...anyway, my child is so unlucky.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題