搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 GSIS - relocating??
發新帖
查看: 4540|回覆: 2
go

GSIS - relocating?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-17 09:14 |顯示全部帖子
I think if you look at the issue at large, the school has the need of a larger campus.
However parents of course would not want their children to travel too far.
As someone outside GSIS, I think both sides have their merits.

BTW, for those who are interested, the RC rumours (ie, the rumours that GSIS will be using RC campus) were initiated by people with intention. They were in fact trying spread the impression that RC parents are paying all the fees and yet still have to share the campus with GSIS.

Looks like since all the admission procedures are now near the end, negative comments on RC are dying out too. Things like that happen all the time to many schools during admission time. I am so sorry to see that this time, they are using GSIS relocation plan this year as their weapon.

2#
發表於 09-3-17 18:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-3-17 11:52 發表
Is it really true that the rumours were spread with intention?

Who will be so "無聊" to spread such rumours and why?

It is a pity that you have not changed a bit.

3#
發表於 09-3-20 18:08 |顯示全部帖子
For example, your arguments in supporting the language policy of your kid's school are ridiculous without any ground. Your kid may not be affected but please consider the needs of other students.

No. You said it wrong.

The language situation at RC is that we have no language policy that prohibit use of languages other than English outside classrooms. And other languages might mean Finish or Korean too. At RC, we have students from different cultures. And chatting in English outside classroom would not help much in developing your English skills. To have good English, we are looking for much more than casual spoken English.

One thing upset me most is the discrimination I see and sense towards local Cantonese speaking students by, surprising, other local Cantonese speaking parents.

May be it is because of our differences in background that make our values and views different. I really treasure the opportunities my kids have being in the same classes with people from different cultures, including Cantonese speaking kids. In fact, some of those that speak fluent Cantonese are in fact top students in their English classes; while some of the Chinese kids that do not speak any Cantonese at all can in fact be struggling with their English.

I do respect your views. Just that I should also be respected as much when I expressed mine. But unfortunately, "respect" seems to be the last thing I can expect from you. And words like "ridiculous", "stupid" are everywhere in your posts.

Anyway, I think I really do not want to discuss with you further.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題