搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS同Victoria, 點比呀? 邊間好d呢?
樓主: Riesling
go

SIS同Victoria, 點比呀? 邊間好d呢? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-5-26 23:33 |只看該作者

回覆 1# thankful 的文章

i found what I wrote on 09-feb 9, at at time there were seats at yr 8 in west island, don't know if it is still available.
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/red ... 1&goto=lastpost

"ESF place avialable

saw an ed in today's paper, limited seats available now:

bradbury: only yr 6,
discovery: only yr 7,
kjs:
peaknly yr 6,
west island: only year 8.'"

42#
發表於 09-5-27 09:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 luluonthemoon 於 09-5-26 21:46 發表
GSIS does accept students simply because they have very well done in the assessment (that's what they say!). It's not always true that GSIS likes students from particular schools. It can't be true. As ...

CHENJY, Kellett starts to have secondary school since last 1-2 year (now up to Year 8) and they plan to expand. Please see the following link. Since this is new, there may be vacancies.

http://www.kellettschool.com/y78.htm

43#
發表於 09-5-27 12:41 |只看該作者
Dear okplease

How about Kellet school ? they only open to Y8 and also they share with campus with Camel. Will that be worth to share the facilities ? When the school confirmed to open G9..  Any comments of this school?

44#
發表於 09-5-27 13:20 |只看該作者
But the waiting list for Kellett is very very long too.   

原帖由 OKPLEASE 於 09-5-27 09:07 發表

CHENJY, Kellett starts to have secondary school since last 1-2 year (now up to Year 8) and they plan to expand. Please see the following link. Since this is new, there may be vacancies.

http://www ...

45#
發表於 09-5-27 14:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 狄麗絲 於 09-5-27 12:41 發表
Dear okplease

How about Kellet school ? they only open to Y8 and also they share with campus with Camel. Will that be worth to share the facilities ? When the school confirmed to open G9..  Any comme ...

My kid is just few years old and I may let her in this school in later years and that's why I do not very detailed research on the expansion plan but as far as I know the school is keen to expand and find a permanent site to accomodate the reception, primary and secondary together. They are thinking about Kowloon Bay. You can read this link: http://www.kellettschool.com/secondary/Letter%20re%20handover%20of%20SKW%20site.pdf.

Good points are:
1. Follow UK curriculum, good if you plan to send kids to UK to study in future - This school is introduced by my boss who is a British expatriate in HK. I told him that in future I want to send her to overseas boarding schools but I am afraid it may be too young for the kid to study alone overeas. Then he told me about this school, which is following UK curriculum and so I can delay sending her to UK for boarding.

2. Friendly attitude of principal - I did visit this school and I found that the current place, if just for reception and primary, is acceptable, in term of facilities. I also like the friendly smiles of the principal, Ann Macdonald and the teaching staffs there. It is Ann Macdonald who takes us to school visit in an hour time. All kids know her and say good morning to her. It seems to me that the culture there is very friendly.

3. 有教無類 priniple - I agree that the waiting list is very long, as I understand they told me their priniple is 有教無類, they will accept all types of students (of course they highlight students must have proficieny in English language because it is an UK stream school).  So what you need to do is to apply (HK$2,000 application fee) and wait and no need for interview (but they need school report). Every year they will need you to pay HK$100 to keep the kid on the waiting list.

4. Good class of classmates - Also, I know many kids of top management people who are UK expatriates study there.

5. Additional language - French - to learn

Bad things about the school are:
1. Limited Mandarin learning (they did have, but very few per week)
2. Student T/O rate is high as they will leave when parents leave HK. (on the other hand is a good news if you are on waiting list)

Because of limited Chinese/Mandarin, I will only  plan to send her to this school maybe in secondary school, which by that time, my kid will have good foundation of Chinese and I also hope the secondary school could be better developed at that time.

They welcome parents to do visit and to understand more by asking them questions, if you are interested, call them.

Do apply earlier so as to queue up in the waiting list ASAP is my suggestion if you want your kid to study there.

46#
發表於 09-5-27 17:43 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

47#
發表於 09-5-27 18:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-5-27 17:43 發表
I can say that you need to conduct more research before listening to the comments from those parents without sufficient sense of judgement.

By the way, GSIS doesn't particular like kids from SIS of c ...

I totally agree that everyone reading the post here should do research more themselves before trusting any parents who express views there, because no one knows which parents are those without sufficient sense of judgement and which parents gives constructive comments /suggestions or just throwing out non-constructive or discouraging ideas.

Regarding Kellett, I just want to give an alternative. If the kids are bright enough, needless to say, he/she should try to apply for selective school such as ESF and GSIS or other ISs. If not, moving towards non-selective schools is not a bad choice. Being “non-selective” does not necessarily mean the school is not good. We need to do visit, research and understand their principles/aims.

UK expatriates like to choose Kellett as Kellett is an UK international school (they use the name of “The British International School in Hong Kong”), where background of families are very similar (mostly from UK) and there is strong sense of UK culture surrounding the school and their end goal is going back to UK for continuous education. They trust the teaching principles and methods there. Of course, they are richer and can afford higher school fee. Why bother them to compete with others to get into the selective IS.

48#
發表於 09-6-2 23:43 |只看該作者

49#
發表於 09-6-27 15:20 |只看該作者

50#
發表於 09-6-29 12:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 OKPLEASE 於 09-5-27 18:48 發表

UK expatriates like to choose Kellett as Kellett is an UK international school (they use the name of “The British International School in Hong Kong”), where background of families are very similar (mostly from UK) and there is strong sense of UK culture surrounding the school and their end goal is going back to UK for continuous education. They trust the teaching principles and methods there. Of course, they are richer and can afford higher school fee. Why bother them to compete with others to get into the selective IS.

They chose Kellett because they have no other choices.
For example, ESF is always full and hard to get a place. Other international schools too. They have got long waiting list and most expats cannot afford to wait for even a few months like we do.
I do not know anyone personly from Kellett but just a couple of years ago when they did not have a secondary section yet, the primary graduates had to go around to look for schools.
I am not sure generally where everyone goes but I know that a lot of them failed to admission procedures with various ESF schools. Of course, some also went into ESF and other good international schools. But may be parents should consider why so many failed too.
I am just glad they have their one secondary school now.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題