密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 WKS new ESF kinder parents
查看: 5108|回覆: 100
go

WKS new ESF kinder parents [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-30 00:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Which area do you come from? how are you going to send your kids to school?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-3-30 01:09 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

3#
發表於 09-3-30 02:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 anpanman 於 09-3-30 01:09 發表
Hello!我都打算比小朋友去呢度讀.我唔係住MOS,而且都幾遠下,我會揸車送BB返學,每次車程要30minsmouth:" />mouth:" />

Dear Alls,

請問你交左contract未?是否K2?
其實想問下我睇ESF個website係話如果今年入讀K2的學生 ...

This is the letter you referred to I believed:

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukaisha/KWKS%20-%20Update%20Feb09.pdf

It said: " It was our pleasure to confirm the good news for parents of 2005 born children [who would be due to start kindergarten as a K2 student]... Those children will have priority for an interview in either an ESF Foundation Primary School, or an ESF Private Independent College. The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the January 2010 interviews for Year One will be waived for such children."

"priority for an interview" is not equal to "guarantee for an interview". For example if you are in Cat 2, you will have an priority over those students who are Cat 2 but not studying in ESF Kinder or do not have siblings in ESF. But you priority will be lower than those in Cat 1.

For this year, as there are some many Cat 1 waiting for interview in ESF Primary school, then the chances for interviewing Cat 2 students became very slim. I will suggest if you take ESF WKS Kinder, you should apply to both normal ESF and RC at the same time in coming K2 term, as RC will interview most of the kids in both Category, and ESF kinder students do have priority in interviews (but not admission as it will still depend on your kid's capability)

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-30 02:24 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-4-2 13:17 |只看該作者
I live in Sheung Shui....

i still not confrim how to send her to school...
any suggestion??
anpanman, where do u live??

原帖由  於 09-3-30 01:09 發表
Hello!我都打算比小朋友去呢度讀.我唔係住MOS,而且都幾遠下,我會揸車送BB返學,每次車程要30minsmouth:" />mouth:" />

Dear Alls,

請問你交左contract未?是否K2?
其實想問下我睇ESF個website係話如果今年入讀K2的學生 ...
Mqchris :>

5#
發表於 09-4-2 16:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-2 13:17 發表

any suggestion??

If not school bus, I suggest you ask helper to take your kid on train, but I understand is very tough...

6#
發表於 09-4-3 09:49 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

7#
發表於 09-4-3 10:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 anpanman 於 09-4-3 09:49 發表
popolung,
係喎!我原來誤會左個意思tim,我交左contract了。麻煩哂你

Mqchris,
我住汀九那邊.
試下搵有冇人上水返馬鞍山的學生。夾份call的士得唔得,因我見有d返港島的學生都係.你小朋友K1定2? ...

You are welcome, all the best!

8#
發表於 09-4-3 13:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-2 13:17 發表

any suggestion??

from www.mtr.com.hk, travelling time from Sheung Shui to WKS is only 48mins. (from Tsuen Wan to Heng On takes 55 mins!).
If I were u, I would have left this job to helper and let her to wait for 3 hours in WKS then go home.
Taxi (20% OFF Party) is too risky to travel daily for such long distance connected by highways.

9#
發表於 09-4-3 13:26 |只看該作者
amendment : Tsuen Wan to WKS takes 55 mins!

10#
發表於 09-4-3 17:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-4-3 13:24 發表

from www.mtr.com.hk, travelling time from Sheung Shui to WKS is only 48mins. (from Tsuen Wan to Heng On takes 55 mins!).
If I were u, I would have left this job to helper and let her to wait for 3 ho ...

Yes, I agree. If you are not driving, then ask your helper to take MTR with your kid. Taxi is too expensive and dangerous. And ask your helper to wait there for 3 hours.....

11#
發表於 09-4-5 11:23 |只看該作者
I also suggest your helper to take your kid from HOME to MOS by MTR.
My example: Now MY girl is studying at Tsing Yi and I live at MOS. MY helper takes her to school by MTR and wait for 3 hours. Two hours transport time is OK for Kid. It is more safe to take MTR. My husband and I also take some leave to share the duty. It is just less than 180 school days per year.

Luckily, my girl will transfer to WKS kinder for K2. She can go to school within 30 minutes.

For your information, ESF kinder is good. My girl learns a lot. Her English level is improving.

Besides, I suggest you choose the PM session, which is much benefit for the long travel students.

原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-3 17:00 發表

Yes, I agree. If you are not driving, then ask your helper to take MTR with your kid. Taxi is too expensive and dangerous. And ask your helper to wait there for 3 hours.....

[ 本帖最後由 play 於 09-4-5 11:26 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 09-4-5 15:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 play 於 09-4-5 11:23 發表
I also suggest your helper to take your kid from HOME to MOS by MTR.
My example: Now MY girl is studying at Tsing Yi and I live at MOS. MY helper takes her to school by MTR and wait for 3 hours. Two  ...

Yes, PM session is a good suggestion, though a lot parent don't like PM session as they think their babies need afternoon sleep or other classes. But it will avoid heavy traffic in the rush hour of morning time, if finally you really need to travel all the way to ESF WKS.

13#
發表於 09-4-5 23:04 |只看該作者

有無人住上水粉嶺呢??

Hi all Mum,

MY daughter is k1.....  我想都幾難找到人一齊返..因為女女編入了下午班, esf的上課時間係12:30...好像很難夾...
我試過上水係大學下車. 轉小巴入...都要40 MINS到....因為不用在大圍轉..會快少少....(不過我只搭到馬鞍山中心)

其實佢而家係九龍塘劍鳴返緊n1,她車程都有返咁上下...
我都有考慮過HELPER帶佢返學, 但日等3小時我真係唔知佢係度做咩好....同埋雖然家人無多一位小朋友, 但都多野比佢做。來來回回又好費時....
唉...最好有校巴啦.......

我有想過放棄ESF, 因為其實我估她可能日後會先試下考直資,無心儀的先入返ESF等學校。但始終我想英文好重要.... 想係K1讀一年打好個語言基礎。K2或K3會轉出來。你地又點睇呢??

又有無人住上水粉嶺呢??

原帖由 anpanman 於 09-4-3 09:49 發表
popolung,
係喎!我原來誤會左個意思tim,我交左contract了。麻煩哂你

Mqchris,
我住汀九那邊.
試下搵有冇人上水返馬鞍山的學生。夾份call的士得唔得,因我見有d返港島的學生都係.你小朋友K1定2? ...

14#
發表於 09-4-5 23:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-5 23:04 發表
Hi all Mum,

我試過上水係大學下車. 轉小巴入...都要40 MINS到....因為不用在大圍轉..會快少少.... ...

How do you get to Kln Tong kinder now? They have school bus?

I think it is hard for WKS kinder to have school bus serving outside Shatin, but I guess as this is the first year of ESK WKS, I think they should be flexible in some way. Call them when the principal is on board, and good luck.

15#
發表於 09-4-6 13:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-5 23:04 發表
Hi all Mum,

我試過上水係大學下車. 轉小巴入...都要40 MINS到....因為不用在大圍轉..會快少少.... ...

I have quite a lot of experiences in dealing with such dilemma. I suggest u can either:
1. Move closer to WKS (not worthy for merely 2 years kindergarten, but worthy to do that if SJS/RC will be your next target) {FYI, i moved a few times in the past 5 years};
2. Let your helper to wait for 3 hours. It is the ulitmate / feasible option; Going by taxi with other children is good to have but it does not solve the problem.
Are u dare to leave your child alone to other parents/helper (or vice versa) on a taxi which is flying at >100km per hour? even if he/she is reliable but is busy in looking after his/her own child inside a taxi?  [if the accompanied child is on leave, your helper has to accompany with your child by train/taxi and she has to wait for 3 hours; [or when the accompanied child off; u off! it does not sound reasonable]
Touchwood to say, just in case your child does not feel very well during the school hour and you are told to take him/her home, how can you do that without a helper? (even if your office is close to WKS, it is really annoying for you to do that)
I think every kindergarten parents should experience such situation in children's 2 year school life in a KG.
My own comment is forgetting some household work. Your child's safety and Endless housework, which one is more important?
Think in another way, you have let her chat chat chat for 3 hours and she is expected to try her best to finish the work she is supposed to do in the day time...
Of course, you can always decide to give up the offer if you have better options.
Last but not least, if u decide to study K1 in ESF and go back to local kinder at K2 (sorry, no K3 in ESF)...I have no idea...if I were u, I would have stayed in local kinda and spent those extra $$$ on extra English courses/Social skill courses (many parents are doing this way). I guess u will "feel" more comfortable as a preparation for 直資.
From my personal experience, my child did not show very good English after studying K1 in IS (maybe other children are smart enough to be a good english speaker...I don't know...).

16#
發表於 09-4-6 17:29 |只看該作者
just saw a pdf upload in RCHK website about WKS Kinder Philiosophy & Practice (but actually I browse and it is for general ESF Kinder), FYI only.

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/up ... ctice1235433600.pdf

17#
發表於 09-4-6 22:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-5 23:19 發表

How do you get to Kln Tong kinder now? They have school bus?

I think it is hard for WKS kinder to have school bus serving outside Shatin, but I guess as this is the first year of ESK WKS, I think t ...

I have checked the homepage of RCHK.  The bus service of RCHK covers almost everywhere in HK.  It takes less than 1 hr for those living in Sheung Shui to RCHK (which is just one station from WKS).  You can also take the bus service even if you are living in HK Island (but they charge you +7,000 per semster).  So I am optimistic about the availability of bus service, if 45 minutes travelling time is acceptable to you.

18#
發表於 09-4-7 00:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 bread1103 於 09-4-6 22:36 發表

I have checked the homepage of RCHK.  The bus service of RCHK covers almost everywhere in HK.  It takes less than 1 hr for those living in Sheung Shui to RCHK (which is just one station from WKS).   ...

But the bus travel time may not be suitable for primary school (8:10AM-2:30PM) compare to kinder (9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm). Also you are mixing up your baby with big boys & girls. And most important, who is going to bring her down in RCHK and take her to WKS? Or pay one more seat for your helper?

19#
發表於 09-4-7 12:17 |只看該作者
如果真係有校巴咁就好啦......
不過RC的學生多好多.....

原帖由 bread1103 於 09-4-6 22:36 發表

I have checked the homepage of RCHK.  The bus service of RCHK covers almost everywhere in HK.  It takes less than 1 hr for those living in Sheung Shui to RCHK (which is just one station from WKS).   ...

20#
發表於 09-4-7 12:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-7 12:17 發表
如果真係有校巴咁就好啦......
不過RC的學生多好多.....

Timing will not fit you anyway as they have full day school and kinder is only half day (AM or PM)....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖