教育王國 討論區 國際學校 讀國際學校有什麼出路?
發新帖
查看: 4070|回覆: 1
go

讀國際學校有什麼出路? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-30 14:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 foreverbb 於 09-3-30 08:01 發表
讀國際學校,中文程度一定不及傳統學校,咁係香港搵工會唔會有困難?佢地通常會做邊類工作(在香港)?

I think it also depends on which university and which subject they are going to take in university.

International school students do not merely look at what is available locally in Hong Kong. International school students are targeting tertiary educations in the US, Canada, England, etc. and if available a career over there even.

They do not stay in universities in Hong Kong not because they cannot, but because they probably did not even apply to one. They do not come back to Hong Kong to work not because they cannot find a job here, but because they have better opportunities elsewhere.

People move with their jobs. I do not think anyone should limit oneself to jobs or career in one place. I myself have lived in different cities in the US and Canada. Why limit yourself to Hong Kong or China when there is a whole world out there?

Of course, if you are talking about fringe science, like animal cloning, space science, etc, there are probably less (or even nil) oppotunities in Hong Kong. However, in general, I see that even gweilos can find jobs in Hong Kong, so I do not see why our kids cannot.

2#
發表於 09-4-17 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 stevema 於 09-4-16 23:25 發表
I feel the labour market is changing in Hong Kong.  One of my girl friends, coming from Canada, good at both English and Chinese, finally got a secretary job with a big PRC firm.  All her superiors ar ...

You stated it. "A big PRC firm".
I doubt whether they have ever used anyone without a PRC background as senior management.

I would not say your friend is unlucky. Just that it is probably not easy to find a job that matches her experience. Job hunting is that practical. If you are headhunted, you are likely to get a very good package. If you hunt for a job, you need to lower your expectations.

And then there is this musical chair scenario. Once you left that job, someone would fill it. And there would be no more seats for you when you come back. This usually has nothing to do with one's language skills or background.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題