教育王國 討論區 升中派位 St Stephen's College in Tung Wan Road, Stanely
發新帖
查看: 2094|回覆: 13
go

St Stephen's College in Tung Wan Road, Stanely [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-4-4 11:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear Parents,

Any sharing about SSC's academic results and disciplines of the students.  Many thanks for your kind help as I need to make a quick decision.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-4-4 18:10 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

I have just enrolled my son despite he has very good chance of getting into  St Joseph/King's/St Paul Boy's based on last year's result.

With regard to academic, St Stephen is definitely not a tier one school at present. The school has just converted to DSS in Sep 08. It depends on which area do you want your child to further develop.

Please refer to the ff post for more info-

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... &extra=page%3D3

3#
發表於 09-4-4 19:28 |只看該作者
Dear Kids-kingdom,

Thank you for your kind reply.  Unlike you, who are so decisive, I still cannot make up my mind for my daughter yet.

After going thru' the post, some questions in my mind:

a.  Any further information that SSC is postitioning for universities abroad but not the local ones?

b.  If many students plan to study abroad before completing F5, will they still work hard in the school?   Will the morale of the remaining students be affected?

c.  Are the kids from the normal families (not rich ones) a minority?

Thank you for sharing again.

4#
發表於 09-4-4 22:02 |只看該作者
Dear Rachael,

I don't really have straight answers to your questions. Part of the reasons is that SSC has just converted to DSS few months ago.

1) Position for overseas universiities
Yes. I heard that many students will study overseas before they finished F5/F7. Figures on  SSC's website (for 07-08) indicated the number of student drops from approx. 200 in F1 to 165 in F5, 102 in F6 and 71 in F7.  

Not sure what will happen after converted to DSS. But I also heard that many students in DSS (not just SSC) will go overseas before they finsih the secondary education.

2. Morale -
My understanding is scholarship will be awarded to top 6 students in each class. Two out of the six classes are elite class. These two elite classes will futher split into 3 classes for Chinese and English lecture. I have told my son that his target for S1 is to get into elite class. Just hope this will help to improve the morale.

3. Normal families
No idea, I only know two other families. We are all middle class.

I have a younger son studying in St Stephen P3. I am quite satisfied with the standard and this is the major reason I have decided to enroll the older one in S1.

Regards,

原帖由 rachaeltam 於 09-4-4 19:28 發表
Dear Kids-kingdom,

Thank you for your kind reply.  Unlike you, who are so decisive, I still cannot make up my mind for my daughter yet.

After going thru' the post, some questions in my mind:

a.  An ...

[ 本帖最後由 kids-kingdom 於 09-4-4 22:05 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 09-4-5 10:57 |只看該作者
Dear Kids-kingdom,

Thank you so much.  

If there is parent with kids in SSC, most grateful if you could share your experience.  As our kids will be in a secondary school for 6 years, I hope we, as parents, could make the right decision for them.  Whether they could get good results, it is their responsibilities.

6#
發表於 09-4-5 21:19 |只看該作者
Hi Racheal,

Besides SSC, do you have other choices at this moment or do you have any preferences in mind?

7#
發表於 09-4-5 23:33 |只看該作者
上一年easter 前, 收引ssc收了我個仔,交了$5000元and
放棄大抽獎, form 也交回小學放棄派位. At last, scc唔知what reason, 無交accept 我仔的資料比教署,at last, my son 派了去 st paul's boys. Off course, i choose st paul's boy and go back SSC see whether i can get back the money., because it is their mistake.
Asst principal of SSC was very rude and refuse to pay back the money and said their school only want the student who can pay the school fee, 有冇攪錯, (I did not say i can not pay the fee but want to get back a portion of register fee only)
真無品!!!

I lost $5000, no problem, I am luckily my son in SPC now is very joyful and proud.

[ 本帖最後由 Singpiano 於 09-4-5 23:38 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 09-4-6 18:46 |只看該作者
My son is studying Form 1 at SSC this year.  I think this school focuses on whole person development (eg. creativity, independence, self confidence, language skills) rather than exam oriented (getting A's) . It depends on what kind of schools that you are looking for. I would say it is a mixture of international and local school essence.  

Having said that, the academic environment is not that relaxed. He has got quite a number of quizes and dictation during the term as well, apart from the 2 mid term test and 2 exam in the year. That makes them study as well. I think the principal is trying to increase the academic standard under the DSS.

I found that the teachers and students there are nice and helpful. From my observation, most students come from middle class family. They are in general cheerful, confident, and the 校風 is good.

9#
發表於 09-4-6 22:38 |只看該作者
Dear TimMum,

Really thanks for your information.

Dear OnEarth,

I am still considering whether to give up the lucky draw.  How about your son?

10#
發表於 09-4-6 23:32 |只看該作者
港島名校赤柱聖士提反書院兩名應屆會考男生,涉嫌相繼在課室內欺凌一名同班同學,搶他的錢之餘,更多次毆打他。
兩人雖分別否認搶劫、盜竊及普通襲擊共五罪,但經審訊後昨於東區法院被裁定罪成,有可能失去升學機會。他們雙雙被還柙至八月廿一日,等候更生中心、社會服務令及感化官報告後判刑。

本案兩名男被告分別姓黃及姓杭,同為十六歲。黃擬於九月到加拿大升學,而杭則會在原校升讀中六。

他們昨日都得到老師及校長去信法庭求情,指他們成績品行良好,亦曾參與社會服務,幫助有需要的人。

惟裁判官認為各控罪中以搶劫罪最嚴重,他們又是經審訊後被定罪,判他們監禁亦不為過,但鑑於他們年輕以及從未犯案,遂先將他們還柙索取報告後才判刑。

官指事主率直誠實
裁判官指,羅姓事主作供時率直而且公平誠實,羅的說法更有醫生的驗傷報告支持,絕非口講無憑。反而被告一方與羅有嫌隙,故有毆打他的動機,而他們傳召多名同學作供,全都指沒有聽到或見到羅所述的犯案情況,但並不代表事情沒有發生。

兩被告分別被指於去年十月至今年一月間,於學校的課室內,多次借故毆打姓羅的同班同學,並曾搶去其銀包中的四十元,以及於另一日要他乖乖奉上二十元。

案件編號:ESCC1587/2008

11#
發表於 09-4-7 20:02 |只看該作者
Dear Singpiano,

Many thanks for your information also.  I did have concern about school bullying (欺淩) as my daughter could unlikely handle it.

12#
發表於 09-4-17 12:00 |只看該作者
請問學費幾多錢~Form 1 and so on?

13#
發表於 09-4-17 22:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 168148 於 09-4-17 12:00 發表
請問學費幾多錢~Form 1 and so on?

Please check:

http://www.ssc.edu.hk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=65

[ 本帖最後由 rachaeltam 於 09-4-17 22:55 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-4-27 19:51 |只看該作者